Video: Joe lauzon discusses Palhares; compares submission releases.

So Lauzon is 5 times faster than Palahares in releasing subs.

Is anyone surprised by this? That Palahares is 5 times as slow? The guy who had nearly an entire cage celebration before someone could make him understand the fight was still on?

The guy is just mentally slow.

You're not wrong. I think he has mental retardation. I don't mean that in an offensive or joking manner.

Then he should wear a way-too-tight Conor type suit.

Or he could not go out and spend money on a fancy suit when he has a perfectly good professional uniform already with his name on it.

Palhares is such a dangerous, exciting fighter, but because of his lack of reason he'll never fight in the UFC again and probably will get fired from WSOF eventually.

People in here acting like the reebok gear isn't comfortable as fuck

He's been been such a Zuffa zombie lately.
Talking about how Stitch should not have talked.
Trying to talk down Paul Harris (as the UFC kicked him out)
He is even wearing his Giblert kit at home.
There was some more stuff but I don't remember it at this moment.

His point there is entirely on point. Palhares really shouldn't be allowed in a cage. Just because he wants to be on good terms with his employer doesn't mean he can't have valid points.

He eye gauged his way to victory, it was beyond disgusting. He also doesn't stop cranking when his opponent taps, he cranks it harder. That's a big fat no no. When your opponent taps, you hold the submission until the ref intervenes, not crank it further.

werent they supposed to give the reebok shit back?

Paula is wrong for holding the sub so long.

I'm sure this article from Bloody Elbow was posted already, but if not, take a look. Another comparison from Palhares to the last 11 kimura finishes:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/3...f-rousimar-palhares-and-the-kimura-submission

Compare Palhares' finish to the past 11 kimura finishes in the UFC and it becomes obvious as to how aware fighters are of the power of the kimura. (Note: The times are not exact but close estimates based on watching the finishes over and over again with a stop watch)

Rani Yahya def. Johnny Bedford: Let go 1.44 seconds after the tap, let go as ref intervened

Demetrious Johnson def. Chris Cariaso: Let go 0.41 seconds after the tap, let go before the ref intervened

Tony Martin def. Fabricio Camoes: Let go 0.44 seconds after the tap, let go as the ref intervened

Daniel Kelly def. Luke Zachrich: Let go 0.63 seconds after the tap, let go as the ref intervened

Piotr Hallmann def. Francisco Trinaldo: Let go 1.0 seconds after the tap, let go 0.5s after ref intervened

George Sotiropoulos def. Joe Lauzon: Let go 2.32 seconds after the tap, let go 1.5 after ref intervened**

Phil Davis def. Tim Boetsch: Let go 0.45 seconds after the tap, let go before the ref intervened

Daniel Roberts def. Greg Soto: Let go 1.27 after the tap, let go 0.3s after the ref intervened

Joe Lauzon def. Curt Warburton: Let go 0.25 after the tap, let go as the ref intervened

Frank Mir def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: Let go 0.38 after the tap, let go as ref intervened

Daniel Pineda def. Justin Lawrence: 1.44 after the tap, let go as ref intervened

Rousimar Palhares def. Jake Shields: 1.86 after the tap, 1.38 after ref intervened

**George Sotiropoulos held the submission in place, stopped cranking when Lauzon tapped

I'm starting to really dislike Lauzon. The reebok thing and now this...

Palhares is fine, he releases as soon as the ref touches him as he should but his reaction time is probably a bit longer than the average human. Refs should pay more attention when Palhares is going for a sub and react accordingly.

Nothing wrong with the Shields stoppage. Shields' sucker punch though...

Last edited:
Wouldn't all those performance bonuses buy him a nicer place?

So Lauzon is 5 times faster than Palahares in releasing subs.

Is anyone surprised by this? That Palahares is 5 times as slow? The guy who had nearly an entire cage celebration before someone could make him understand the fight was still on?

The guy is just mentally slow.

Not only that but he mentions that multiple times he was letting up on the pressure when his opponent tapped because he knew he had them in a bad way.

I'm starting to really dislike Lauzon. The reebok thing and now this...

Palhares is fine, he releases as soon as the ref touches him as he should but his reaction time is probably a bit longer than the average human. Refs should pay more attention when Palhares is going for a sub and react accordingly.

Nothing wrong with the Shields stoppage. Shields' sucker punch though...

No. He's not fine. He's a fucking douche.

Back