Video: Joe lauzon discusses Palhares; compares submission releases.

This is great as it completely demolishes some of the tough guy Palhares defenders (as if they didn't come off poor as it is). They usually talk about people complaining about Palhares as pussies, which is low brow to begin with but when Lauzon states these things about Palhares that argument is also de facto wrong. None on this board are even remotely close to him if we're talking toughness in fighting.

Lauzon is also proven to have very good BJJ knowledge. Some here do as well but don't have the same body of evidence to back it up, so there's no doubt that Joe is someone worth listening to in these matters.

So here we have it. By a suitable professional fighter who laid it out with clear facts and in an intelligent manner.

Does he sleeps with his Giblert kit? Yeah, barbecue in the sunday with the Giblert kit on, Giblert all the way, Giblert! Giblert!!

I'm starting to really dislike Lauzon. The reebok thing and now this...

Palhares is fine, he releases as soon as the ref touches him as he should but his reaction time is probably a bit longer than the average human. Refs should pay more attention when Palhares is going for a sub and react accordingly.

Nothing wrong with the Shields stoppage. Shields' sucker punch though...

No, he's not fine. He keeps cranking harder after a tap, which is especially a big no no in the more dangerous submissions (which tend to be the ones he uses). It's also proven that he's far slower than most to let go, and those that have practiced BJJ (or other grappling styles) know that you feel when the hold is in and you await the tap and, if it's part of the situation, the break up.

But of course it's easy to sit behind your computer and say it's fine when you run no risk of unnecessary injury. You're not alone in being self-centered.

No. He's not fine. He's a fucking douche.

Just look at the guy, he's just a tiny little bit "slow"

4.gif

^ This situation probably changed him and now he really waits for the ref's touch to release the submission.

4.gif

^ This situation probably changed him and now he really waits for the ref's touch to release the submission.

I don't wanna pick sides but he already was holding them for too long before this incident. BTW this was probably the funniest octagon moment ever

Look at all the idiots trying to turn this into a Reebok discussion. Lauzon can do whatever the hell he wants. Sucks that I have to say this and perpetuate it even more. Great video and a unique take on the controversy.

4.gif

I had never seen this before. Did he cap this failure off with losing the fight?

I'm starting to really dislike Lauzon. The reebok thing and now this...

Palhares is fine, he releases as soon as the ref touches him as he should but his reaction time is probably a bit longer than the average human. Refs should pay more attention when Palhares is going for a sub and react accordingly.

Nothing wrong with the Shields stoppage. Shields' sucker punch though...

This is a perfect example of willful ignorance.

Wow Joe really trying hard to be the company man, first throws Stitch under the bus, now endorses Reebok whenever he can. Someone tell him he's not getting paid for this one!

4.gif

Except he releases far AFTER the refs touch which is the point lauzon is making. Did you watch the video?

4.gif

The fight with Miller was three fights after he was suspended 90 days for his most insane failure to let go (against Drwal). He's been the same the entire time.

Company man stuff aside, Joe makes a good video and is 100% right. I ragged on him pretty hard about the company man stuff and the Stitch thing, but Joe is an honorable fighter that is evidenced by his fight with Gomi.

There is no question he holds on to the sub too long. Anyone who refutes that is as simpleminded as Rusimar.

4.gif

Beat me to it.

For real, I don't think he does on purpose. After watching this everyone can see he has some problem understanding stoppages. His trainers should look into it or he is gonna end up banned from the sport.

This video is great but only tells part of the story. In a lot of Palhares cases the fighters are obviously tapping before the ref comes in but he choices to keep going. Where as Lauzon in many fights has decided to let go right when seeing the tap (before ref comes in).

Except he releases far AFTER the refs touch which is the point lauzon is making. Did you watch the video?

Still proves he's probably a bit slow in the head. I think he should still be allowed to fight but needs special, big refs that can handle him if it ever goes wrong.

He's a talented & special fighter, I wouldn't like to see him go.

Man people really get caught up in what clothes Joe Lauzon is wearing, rather then the excellent video he put together.

Last edited:
Back