[Video] Frank Mir believes TRT is legit. Mir has therapeutic use exemption for TRT

At 260 pound of muscle he obviously suffers from low testosterone. Poor guy...

The problem is that the guys taking TRT in the UFC are not necessarily doing it because they have a medical condition.

They are doing it to gain an advantage.
I think this is true. The reason I don't have a problem with it is everyone has the ability to do so, thus it is fair across the board. If I'm in the low end of the range (or below it) and you're in the high end, I can take it and you can't, but I'm just taking it to get at the level you naturally enjoy, so it isn't giving me an advantage as much as it's leveling the playing field. Now some people feel that you should just go with what you've got naturally, and I can understand that opinion, but if TRT is legal, and guys do it and stay within range, I'm fine with it.

Lol at you trying to close the difference between supplements and steroids.

No....simply reading and you would have discovered that.

If they are doing something legal? Nobody has a leg to stand on when crying cheater.

Legal or not not everyone wants to take synthetic steroids.

No some don't want to take it at all....But they will take legal performance enhancers.

Insulin is a performance enhancing drug, that can be used to gain a competitive edge. Would you opposed to someone with a legitimate medical condition using TRT and competing? If so you should be opposed to type 2 diabetics that take insulin and compete.

They both have the possibility of being abused for their performance enhancing effects. But there are also real conditions that would require their use.

You can't compare slin to test. No athlete would ever do insulin only as a performance enhancer. A test only cycle however is pretty damn effective and is easily disguised as trt.

No....simply reading and you would have discovered that.

If they are doing something legal? Nobody has a leg to stand on when crying cheater.

No some don't want to take it at all....But they will take legal performance enhancers.

Legal performance enhancers? You mean like creatine? That is some heavy stuff..

The problem is that the guys taking TRT in the UFC are not necessarily doing it because they have a medical condition.

They are doing it to gain an advantage.

Either that or there is a low testosterone epidemic breaking out.

you get low TRT by injecting yourself in your youth for a long , long time,
your body adjusts to the external TRT by producing less.
Mir's is just a sideffect of long term use.

Legal performance enhancers? You mean like creatine? That is some heavy stuff..

Yes....And test boosters, Epo boost, etc....

Ahtletes don't spend thousands and thousands of dollars on these programs because.............they don't work.

How about hyperbaric chambers?

who cares? If you have a problem beating a 35+ athlete, then you suck anyways. Machida easily destroyed Couture. JDS destroyed Mir. And Jones will destroy Couture

you get low TRT by injecting yourself in your youth for a long , long time,
your body adjusts to the external TRT by producing less.
Mir's is just a sideffect of long term use.

And you also get it low T if you've trained like animal for most of your life, and get hit in the head many times....

Now what type of sport would something like this occur? hmmmmmm........

But I assume most don't know that nor care to know that.

who cares? If you have a problem beating a 35+ athlete, then you suck anyways. Machida easily destroyed Couture. JDS destroyed Mir. And Jones will destroy Couture

Sweet, Couture will come out of retirement once again, and he's undefeated in coming out of retirement fights. Couture LHW Champ 2013!

Good so he agrees that if you are a Medical Marijuana Patient it should be exempt too!

the only problem is none of those guys have actually tried to apply for a TUE.

Frank look in the MIR your juicin so do it correct get on thr treadmill & lean out FrAnk

Getting old is natural and even if these fighters do have low testosterone like they claim, its only because it happens naturally to everyone who ages or because they have previously taken performance enhancing drugs.

Growing old is natural and although you may lose the physical tools that you once had when you were younger, you gain knowledge and experience which levels the playing field with the younger fighters. When a fighter uses TRT it gives them an unfair physical advantage.

It's kind of amusing when you think about. People (fight fans) love to see people trying to take each others heads off, but most are totally against performance enhancing drugs. I say let everyone have the option of doing it, and let it be an all out free for all. Fuck it, people want to beat each other up, they should be able to maximize their chances to the fullest. If we didn't live in a 'civilized' society, we'd still be watching gladiators fighting multiple people and animals while wielding swords and whatever else they could do defend themselves.

Of course I'm playing devil's advocate here, but it's either ban this shit all together, or give fighters the option to put whatever they want in to their body. Would make for a hell of a show.

In all truthfulness, I really don't know where I stand personally on this subject, But what Frank said in that interview makes perfect sense.

TRT is mostly offered to athletes in theyr 30's or reaching theyr 30's

you know what happens after 30, you get old.

getting old is a way of life man , its natural.

stopping the adage of Youth vs Experience is not natural.

cause now the experienced are also youthful.

how is that fair to the younger fighters coming into the sport.

stopping the natural progression of life with chemicals is not ... natural.

Fixing someone's ACL or broken hand isn't "natural" either. Shall we ban that? Or do people with a problem with their endocrine system fall under some different code .....just cuz.

Head trauma causes problems with the pituitary gland. Lots of people in contact sports develop problems from it. Just like they develop knee problems etc.

If we're going to be consistent with disallowing people who have been "artificially rebuilt" then tell GSP and Shogun and probably a majority of guys with over a dozen fights to take a hike.

Not everyone
wants to juice.

Just because it is available to all legally that doesn't mean everyone wants to be introducing foreign hormones into their system to keep up with the rest.

That's one main problem right there. The other one is the fact that athletes are in fact role models. And i don't know if it's a good message for kids, and society in general, that you can only succeed (in sports and life) with taking unhealthy amounts of various drugs.

On the other hand the current hipocrisy is bad too, so it's a huge dilemma.

Back