[Video] Frank Mir believes TRT is legit. Mir has therapeutic use exemption for TRT

So the only way to have a testosterone deficiency is through age and drug abuse?

You can be born with low testosterone or have issues during puberty but chances are you aren't going to be an athlete if that's the case. Some doctors get kids on TRT in their teens and they never get off of it.

I'm not opposed to TRT but I am opposed to the loophole of being able to jack your levels as far as you want during camp as long as you get them down for your pre-fight drug test.

TRT exemptions shouldn't be given to guys like Mir who got on it simply because they are older and feel tired. Guess what? That's aging. You can't get metal implants to become a harder hitter if you have pillow fists like Bisping.

It's bullshit.

250lbs swole ass mofo's don't have low testosterone levels.

It's bullshit.

250lbs swole ass mofo's don't have low testosterone levels.

Well?

According to multiple doctors and AC appointed endocrinologists? He does....

I don't know but I kind of tend to favor them over your body of evidence to the contrary.

I'm not opposed to TRT but I am opposed to the loophole of being able to jack your levels as far as you want during camp as long as you get them down for your pre-fight drug test.

That's actually a great point. Seeing it would be infinitely easier to do just that if you don't get approved to use TRT.

All getting a TUE does is make that infinitely harder to do that.

Which obviously should make anyone stop and think.

How about a type 2 diabetic who takes insulin. They don't NEED insulin shots to live but their quality of life is much shittier without it. Their bodies just produce a much lower amount of it than optimal. Insulin is also a known PED which also requires a TUE for someone to compete while using it.

I do agree it seems like people who may not have a medical condition can get a TUE, but I'm no doctor. Just curious what the ban TRT advocates think about this.

I guess the other side of the argument is that people who need insulin do not use that therapeutic effect to inflict physical harm on others while gaining a competitive edge like MMA fighters

Low T is caused by 2 things
Former PED abuse
and Age

dont reward people for using PED's and dont try to reverse the aging process

You can be born with low testosterone or have issues during puberty but chances are you aren't going to be an athlete if that's the case. Some doctors get kids on TRT in their teens and they never get off of it.

TRT exemptions shouldn't be given to guys like Mir who got on it simply because they are older and feel tired. Guess what? That's aging. You can't get metal implants to become a harder hitter if you have pillow fists like Bisping.

So you wouldn't be against someone with a legitimate medical condition being able to compete in sports using TRT? If I'm understanding you correctly.

I agree it would seem like a lot of people who don't have a condition, are able to get the TUE. Mardquart, Duffee, and Page no longer take it, and one would think if they had a real medical condition that they would be on it for the rest of their lives.

i disagree.

it seems like the fighters getting this TRT exemption are fighters that are past their physical prime which means they don't produce as much testosterone... thats part of human nature that they are changing, not some defect/illness they are treating.

the thing is, these fighters know their bodies more than most people know their own. they work it hard, they know their limits and what they are capable of.. once they start to hit their mid 30's they realize they didn't feel like they used to and aren't able to hit the same physical marks they used to. instead of realizing that its a natural part of life, they make it seem like they are deficient for other reasons other than age. Dan Henderson, Rampage, Forrest Griffin, Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen... maybe there are guys in their early 20's doing it, and it is possible that they ARE deficient for their age group, but i highly doubt that the men I've mentioned have less testosterone than a regular guy walking in the street. they just don't meet to levels "allowed" by the athletic commission so they say "I'm deficient in testosterone, i need replacement therapy".

i think its wrong.

So you wouldn't be against someone with a legitimate medical condition being able to compete in sports using TRT? If I'm understanding you correctly.

I agree it would seem like a lot of people who don't have a condition, are able to get the TUE. Mardquart, Duffee, and Page no longer take it, and one would think if they had a real medical condition that they would be on it for the rest of their lives.

Rampage still takes it.

Not to mention protocol severely changed in the last year.

The dumbest comparison I've ever heard.. You are born or develop asthma naturally. Using TRT in your 20s and 30s mean you've been roiding up so you can't produce your own testosterone naturally. One is fate while the other is choice.

I guess the other side of the argument is that people who need insulin do not use that therapeutic effect to inflict physical harm on others while gaining a competitive edge like MMA fighters

Insulin is a performance enhancing drug, that can be used to gain a competitive edge. Would you opposed to someone with a legitimate medical condition using TRT and competing? If so you should be opposed to type 2 diabetics that take insulin and compete.

They both have the possibility of being abused for their performance enhancing effects. But there are also real conditions that would require their use.

Insulin is a performance enhancing drug, that can be used to gain a competitive edge. Would you opposed to someone with a legitimate medical condition using TRT and competing? If so you should be opposed to type 2 diabetics that take insulin and compete.

They both have the possibility of being abused for their performance enhancing effects. But there are also real conditions that would require their use.

Out of curiosity, are there any diabetics on the UFC roster? Bellator or elsewhere?

I guess although this is a sport, its also entertainment and its not the Olympics. If it was the Olympics then none of these things should be allowed because the bottom line is these guys just shouldn't be competing.

last sentence said it all; where to draw the line for medical exemptions. few think none, and few think there should be no rules at all (e.g. allow all PEDs). most of the rest of us fall somewhere on the spectrum in between those 2 extremes.

from what i understand, the Olympic Medical Exemptions are about 1000x more difficult to get than NSAC exemptions. that makes me skeptical. period.

The Olympics doesn't fall under US law and does not have to follow the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws like that.

It's totally legit. I mean guys who could be on the cover of bodybuilding magazines clearly have low testosterone. Funny how guys like Marquardt and Duffee don't even need it anymore. TRT must have cured them.

TRT does not cure hypogonadism.

It proves that they never had hypogonadism to begin with.

They were just using TRT as a bridge.

Out of curiosity, are there any diabetics on the UFC roster? Bellator or elsewhere?

Not really sure. Jay Cutler, Ray Robinson, Buster Douglas, and Caio Terra have diabetes though.

True. But EVERYONE wants to improve their level of performance through unnatural means. Some will only use the things that are legal though.

Everyone is introducing foreign substances into their bodies to achieve top performance. Everyone. Everyone is taking things to increase their levels of testosterone, red blood cells, electrolytes, etc....Some take things that are legal, some take things that are not.

When someone breaks the rules? I'll listen to the outrage.

When someone is falling in line with what is legal? I don't want to hear anyone complain anymore.

Lol at you trying to close the difference between supplements and steroids. Legal or not not everyone wants to take synthetic steroids.

Back