Video: conor mcgregor 30 min media workout

80HAq17.gif

Man, nobody is gonna give a fuck about Conor once Nate besmirches him again.

Kinda sucks to have such shitty fans. But easy come easy go.

These type of exercises are used to build up your tolerance for impact

I remember Nate saying how his knee to the belly against the cage took a lot out of Conor.

I guess this is Conor trying to improve his ability to take that knee or punch.
That's what coconuts are for.

Yeah, Conor doesn't have anything besides his left. His biggest hinderance is that he was blessed with being a southpaw with power and speed. These things blitzed his opponents and caused him to get by on those gifts. Because of his gifts he never developed in other areas. It's sorta like the Diaz brothers chin, they're chins are so good they never had to really use footwork and mobility the way someone with a fragile chin would have - Think Amir Khan.

He also lacks true flexibility despite trying these spinning capoeira kicks, he's actually pretty stiff.

Fighting someone with Nate's attributes is a tall order. Had Conor been raised in a proper US gym from the start, he really could have fixed his holes conpletely. His self marketing is bringing him millions, not his martial arts ability. Beating Aldo once after many years undefeated really convinced people he's the real deal, even himself. He's talented, but I think living in the UK definitely lessened his full potential.

Last edited:
So many shitty posts on this thread. Mcgregor looks solid but if he isnt going to abandon the spinning shit and focus on low round kicks, he is setting himself up to lose again.

And LOL at the guy saying his video wasnt impressive and putting up a video of pro boxer dogdging the strikes of a 100 year old geriatric. Because it wasnt very impressive at all.

Yeah, Conor doesn't have anything besides his left. His biggest hinderance is that he was blessed with being a southpaw with power and speed. These things blitzed his opponents and caused him to get by on those gifts.

He never was blessed with god given cardio.

He lacks true flexibility despite trying these spinning capoeira kicks, he's actually pretty stiff.

Fighting someone with Nate's attributes is a tall order. Had Conor been raised in a proper US gym from the start, he really could have been something good. His self marketing is bringing him millions, not his martial arts ability really. Beating Aldo once after many years undefeated really convinced people he's the real deal.

He throwing triple jabs over and over. His right hook could possibly be used more but too many people are saying he isnt using his right hand enough on this thread. Throwing single jabs vs a taller, longer opponent is suicide. Doubling or tripling up the jab like Conor was doing is smart. However, if he could do more with his right hand, it would have been training to counter Diaz' jab with his right hook.

You should help him out with his Thai kicks. ;)

Haha well i like his knees in this video. And in his last mclife sparring video, he did a very nice lead leg roundhouse to the body.

Haha well i like his knees in this video. And in his last mclife sparring video, he did a very nice lead leg roundhouse to the body.
Yes, also his body punches looked solid. It seems he's focusing on bodywork and working in a bit more Thai-inspired standup into his rematch. I think it is a good move.

So many shitty posts on this thread. Mcgregor looks solid but if he isnt going to abandon the spinning shit and focus on low round kicks, he is setting himself up to lose again.

And LOL at the guy saying his video wasnt impressive and putting up a video of pro boxer dogdging the strikes of a 100 year old geriatric. Because it wasnt very impressive at all.
I agree with you on what Conor strategy should be, but If you don't see Rigo as impressive, you are not familiar with boxing. Lol...that "pro boxer" is one of the only boxers as gifted, if not more gifted than Floyd Mayweather. Look him up.

Wow, this dude is legit coming into the rematch doing all the same shit.

Did he throw a single leg kick there? He better hope that left hands and goofy spinning shit gets the job done this time.

Wow, this dude is legit coming into the rematch doing all the same shit.

Did he throw a single leg kick there? He better hope that left hands and goofy spinning shit gets the job done this time.
{<huh}
You think he's gonna show the world (and Nate) what they've been working on and are planning to do?

There was a weird point in the workout where Conor was either gassed or practicing running, I legit am not sure which.

{<huh}
You think he's gonna show the world (and Nate) what they've been working on and are planning to do?

The sparring clips he has been releasing have all looked like this. It's the way he has been fighting for a while now. He thinks Nate won because of his chin in the first fight. He has brought in a few new sparring partners but it's still the same coaches and team. He made no substantial changes and he asked for the rematch right away, which is another indicator that he thinks the first fight was simply luck. If he truly thought otherwise, he would've wanted more time.

So yes, I can absolutely believe that someone like Conor who bought into his own hype a long time ago sees the limited success he had in the first fight and doesn't think that he needs to do anything differently other than adjust his mindset for an opponent who's a bit more durable and come in having done more long distance type conditioning. What do you think, he learned Muay Thai in a few months and has been keeping it a secret while feeding misinformation to the media in every interview?

to all the Ido Portal fans, sorry he was not there. No touchbutt was featured in this video.

Back