*Video* Antonio Margarito's thoughts on Cain Velasquez and MMA

I think it's great that boxers follow mma and vice versa. Thank you for the video.

They're still on the whole "Mexican" HW champ sh*t.

God damn, she's the female Helwani.

He looks so Evil.

But that was a good interview.

She made a mistake saying boxing and mma. I believe she was trying to say first mma heavyweight champ of Mexican decent. Cain was born in the us but his family is from Mexico.

Say what you want about the UFC, but you can't deny that their marketing department is one of the best in the world.Mexicans in my neighborhood were psyched about the event in the days leading up to the fight (ironically, 99% of them didn't even follow MMA seriously). And when Cain won, they were celebrating like De La Hoya just went back in time and singlehandedly killed Hitler or some shit.

You're right, the ufc marketing and hype machine is second to none.

The fact that Cain isnt even Mexican but the UFC marketing department has convinced the public that he is, is absolutely incredible....and pathetic.

Yeah...ummm, Cain is from California. Its almost as bad as WEC marketing Miguel Torres as a Mexican despite him being from like Indiana.

Say what you want about the UFC, but you can't deny that their marketing department is one of the best in the world.Mexicans in my neighborhood were psyched about the event in the days leading up to the fight (ironically, 99% of them didn't even follow MMA seriously). And when Cain won, they were celebrating like De La Hoya just went back in time and singlehandedly killed Hitler or some shit.
This is officially my favourite Sherdog forum post, ever. Thank you.

Bring back the same fire as when he thought Cotto?! I Bob Arum for real?

I think he has forgotten the possible reason for him wearing Cotto down and "knocking him out".

The fact that Cain isnt even Mexican but the UFC marketing department has convinced the public that he is, is absolutely incredible....and pathetic.

Yeah...ummm, Cain is from California. Its almost as bad as WEC marketing Miguel Torres as a Mexican despite him being from like Indiana.

Cain is Mexican American...his parents were as blue collar Mexican as you can possibly get.

Don't get all offended that Mexicans can rally now rally behind a MMA fighter, as well as boxers.

Cain is Mexican American...his parents were as blue collar Mexican as you can possibly get.

Don't get all offended that Mexicans can rally now rally behind a MMA fighter, as well as boxers.

What... the... f*ck?

Back