*Video* Antonio Margarito's thoughts on Cain Velasquez and MMA

That's right....I'm one of those rare individuals who can appreciate both sports, and not get caught in the whole boxing vs mma bull$hit arguments.

"Don't get all offended that Mexicans can rally now rally behind a MMA fighter, as well as boxers."

"Don't get all offended that Mexicans can rally now rally behind a MMA fighter, as well as boxers."

The Mexican and mexican American demographic is lacking in MMA.

The UFC initiated a very clever marketing campaign.

I have Mexican friends who only follow boxing in terms of combat sports, but....they sure as hell tuned in for Cain Velasquez.

The Mexican and mexican American demographic is lacking in MMA.

The UFC initiated a very clever marketing campaign.

I have Mexican friends who only follow boxing in terms of combat sports, but....they sure as hell tuned in for Cain Velasquez.

As do I, Mexican and Chicano and they don't care about ultimate fightin'. It's all about boxing.

As do I, Mexican and Chicano and they don't care about ultimate fightin'. It's all about boxing.

Yeah, and I'm just saying UFC had planned out a very clever marketing campaign to get more viewers.

And it suceeded.

Yeah, and I'm just saying UFC had planned out a very clever marketing campaign to get more viewers.

And it suceeded.

They tried that sh*t with Bisping, obviously didn't work, that's why they brought in Hatton and Haye to sell ufc/Bisping to England.

You can't create a hero, boxing fans will see right through that.

I think it's great that boxers follow mma and vice versa. Thank you for the video.

Alot of boxers respect and watch mma

it's just the ufc(dana) boxing vs ufc, boxing is dead crap that gets Newbs worked up.

and a few loudmouths like mayweather

I remember mosley talking about mma years ago

They tried that sh*t with Bisping, obviously didn't work, that's why they brought in Hatton and Haye to sell ufc/Bisping to England.

You can't create a hero, boxing fans will see right through that.

Like Gerry Cooney?

Cain Velasquez is the real deal...he isn't a product of hype or selective fight placement.

the UFC did use his back ground to get more viewers though.

Everybody I know likes mma more than boxing, that includes mexican mexicans. I have to pay for the entire ppv myself to get them to watch boxing.

Ha, I love how Bob Arum had a smile on his face until she brought up Cain, then he looked pissed.

Ha, I love how Bob Arum had a smile on his face until she brought up Cain, then he looked pissed.

I "love" how people can still get pissed at Bob Arum for still disliking MMA when he's always maintained the same stance on that sport, yet there's always some interviewer that has to troll him about it and sneak it into an interview, just in case he changed his mind. Possible solution for the MMA fanbase; stop looking for validation from these dudes and do your own thing.

I "love" how people can still get pissed at Bob Arum for still disliking MMA when he's always maintained the same stance on that sport, yet there's always some interviewer that has to troll him about it and sneak it into an interview, just in case he changed his mind. Possible solution for the MMA fanbase; stop looking for validation from these dudes and do your own thing.

people can dislike Arum if they please.

Everybody I know likes mma more than boxing, that includes mexican mexicans. I have to pay for the entire ppv myself to get them to watch boxing.

Everyone I know likes both, most tend to favor boxing

Everyone I know likes both, most tend to favor boxing

Most of the Mexicans I know prefer boxing and many of them don't even know what the name of the sport is (they still refer to it as UFC or cage fighting most of the time).

Personally speaking I think the UFC plan is gonna backfire. Most of the mexicans i know have not become "mma fans" or even "ufc fans". They've become "Cain fans". They'll watch the UFC when Cain fights and if he's not fighting, chances are that they wont give a fuck.

people can dislike Arum if they please.

I'm all about freedom of speech and I dislike Arum almost as much as anyone, but hating on Bob Arum because he hates on MMA is getting pretty ridiculous; it's not like he goes out of his way to bash the sport. I just find it stupid when people get all sensitive and shit when interviewers eventually sneak in an MMA related question/comment and they're still surprised about how he reacts.

grow up bob arum, your like 80 too its a joke, jump on the mma bandwagon while you can ;)

Those of you that can't appreciate both sports, are missing out. I'm a fan of both boxing and mma.

Back