VIDEO: Anderson Silva KO's training partner

In a fight you don't knock the guy down and walk away, you jump on him.

hunt_yousuke.gif

hunt.gif

Mark-Hunt-KO.gif

SillyDaringKingsnake.gif

He's just smacking him around a bit trying to wake him up. :icon_chee

I absolutely hate that Hunt knockout. I feel like Herb Dean only stopped it to stay within the "script," meaning, because he knows about the whole walk away knockout thing, he stopped it just because. Look how hesitant he was. I guess if that's good enough for Struve, it's good enough for me, but it looks so stupid.

Looks fake

Agree it could be fake but i came across the full sparring video earlier, he sparred like 5 different guys then the last round the KO'd headguard guy wasn't there lol, looked serious throughout the sparring but who knows could just be for hype!

Looked like he was slapping the guy to wake him up.

My 2 cent: They were sparring hard and Silva was not doing well, the other guy hurt him so he got scary and Angry at him because of His ego and His recent history... So he knocked him out and didn,t stop after... Not giving full power punches to dont Kill him but just to give him a lesson and concussions. Remember that there are 2 Anderson, the good guy and the one that wantedbto kill His mate at chutebox with a shotgun.

My 2 cent: They were sparring hard and Silva was not doing well, the other guy hurt him so he got scary and Angry at him because of His ego and His recent history... So he knocked him out and didn,t stop after... Not giving full power punches to dont Kill him but just to give him a lesson and concussions. Remember that there are 2 Anderson, the good guy and the one that wantedbto kill His mate at chutebox with a shotgun.

never saw it this way, but this could be the case. interesting

Well he's clearly finishing him as if it were an actual fight. I don't agree with that kind of training, but it is what it is. Whether or not it's appropriate to do so is up for debate, especially since he fucking blasted that guy with the knee, but that's what he's doing. In a fight you don't knock the guy down and walk away, you jump on him.

It's one of those areas that could be training in a more practical way BUT

Some training partner.

Well he's clearly finishing him as if it were an actual fight. I don't agree with that kind of training, but it is what it is. Whether or not it's appropriate to do so is up for debate,

There is no debate here. Blasting a guy in training does nothing to improve your skills. We are all wondering why fights keep getting cancelled due to injuries. Here we have a first hand look at one of the many reasons.

anderson doesnt even train there, so how did you reach that conclusion about Blackzilians?

and dont tell me bc of Thiago Silva and Rumble lol...
Tons of stories about people getting KOed in sparring there man.
It's sparring for fucks sake.
No shit. I never said I agreed with that kind of training, but that's the mentality.
There is no debate here. Blasting a guy in training does nothing to improve your skills. We are all wondering why fights keep getting cancelled due to injuries. Here we have a first hand look at one of the many reasons.
Hard sparring is better for fight conditioning in comparison to technical sparring, though. It's not entirely without benefits. But yeah, it's unsafe for sure, and not really something that should be done more than once every two weeks IMO. It's dangerous because getting KOed in training before a fight can fuck everything up. Second impact syndrome is no laughing matter.

Back