VIDEO: Anderson Silva KO's training partner

Didn't Anderson take it "serious" the last time he knocked out his training partner?

Yes I'm serious, it happens all the time when you are training irresponsibly like that and just winging power shots.

I can almost guarantee the fact that, say, Rumble Johnson has concussed at least one person in the past month of sparring at blackzilians.

It would've been really fucked up if he was actually going hard on those GnP punches, but guys, let's not miss the forest for the trees: Anderson's mistake was in throwing that knee as hard as he could, NOT in throwing pitter patter shots to simulate following up to get the TKO if a ref was there.

Oh I get that guys are supposed to come in and be punching bags but how exactly do we know that's who he is or if he knew that training was going to be like that. A typical sparring session does not end with you knocking someone out and following up afterwards. And idk how you can see how hard he's throwing those punches, you don't really get a good angle.

Does anyone know who that is? He might be a pro that's getting paid to spar hard.

The follow ups were more for form than to actually finish

Well he's clearly finishing him as if it were an actual fight. I don't agree with that kind of training, but it is what it is. Whether or not it's appropriate to do so is up for debate, especially since he fucking blasted that guy with the knee, but that's what he's doing. In a fight you don't knock the guy down and walk away, you jump on him.

Exactly this. The other guy in the cage acting as the "ref" should have pulled him off. Training is where your habits form, good or bad. If AS conditioned himself to walk off every time he landed a good shot, chances are he will be giving his opponent extra opportunities to change the outcome of the fight. Mark Hunt can do it, other than that, I just don't think it's a good idea.

Far more brutal sparring occurred at Chute Boxe back in the day, I assure you. (Not that is justifies anything but...)

The knee looked hard, but the punches didn't, so I'll offer up this possibility:

Following up after a knockdown conditions Silva to go in for the kill, and also conditions the other guy not to lay there and do nothing if knocked down.

Lots of habits are created in the gym, and freezing up when the fight suddenly changes is not a good one. I wouldn't want to spar going as hard as that, but Silva was coming forward and threw a knee just as his partner was ducking down - could've been unintentionally hard. Without seeing the rest of the session, I'm willing to give Silva the benefit of the doubt on this.

That's because that guy isn't Hunt. Hunt is the only Hunt that exists in this world where Hunt exists solely as Hunt... Hunt.

Josh%2BSamman%2BCrushes%2BEddie%2BGordon%2Bby%2BBrutal%2BHead%2BKick%2BKnockout%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

Those extra punches are a douche bag move. The dude is totally out.

Those extra punches are a douche bag move. The dude is totally out.

They aren't damaging shots. He's training how he fights so the follow up is instinct.

It's the same reason police officers don't pick up their spent casings at a firing range. They used to, but then there were a few police officers who got shot while picking up their casings at officer involved shootings instead of verifying the subject was incapacitated. Turns out they were trained to pick up their casings after discharging their weapon at the range, so they discontinued that.

TL;DR Train how you want to fight and you're less likely to make mistakes that can cost you a fight.

Did the kid live? And then they put spider's son in against him. Shit is monstrous.

I've know AS(S) wasn't the guy he portrays to be since Tony fought him.

Anderson looks old and slow there. Also it looks like they pulled some random guy of the street to spar with him. Sorry to say but diaz is going to brutally KO Anderson.

The people complaining are hilarious. In boxing you have sparring partners that you literally pay to put rounds into. MMA is a smaller community, so more people just use 'training partners', but you better believe some of the elite are flying guys in and paying them to put rounds in.

It's not Joe "Train in my Garage" Schmoe getting ready for his first smoker on the weekend; it's Anderson Silva, a guy with major implications on the line. Millions of dollars, endorsements, title opportunities, etc. The guys who are helping him train for this fight know what they're in for.

Blame a coach for not having someone in there to stop it right away. At least they're obviously slaps and he's not going all Jeremy Stephens on the situation.

The people complaining are hilarious. In boxing you have sparring partners that you literally pay to put rounds into. MMA is a smaller community, so more people just use 'training partners', but you better believe some of the elite are flying guys in and paying them to put rounds in.

It's not Joe "Train in my Garage" Schmoe getting ready for his first smoker on the weekend; it's Anderson Silva, a guy with major implications on the line. Millions of dollars, endorsements, title opportunities, etc. The guys who are helping him train for this fight know what they're in for.

Thanks for clue'in us in dude. Totally in the dark til that.

Back