Vettori vs Adesanya II

A lot of people hating on Vettori, saying he hasn't earned it.

I'm ok with that.
The longer it takes, the closer Vettori is to his prime and Israel might slip out of his.
All the casual don't grasp the concept of time and prime.

They had a somewhat close fight. at 24y vs 28y
They have the same amount of MMA fights.
But Adesanya also had 80 kickboxing and 6 boxing bouts. Meaning his mileage is way higher.

If they fight next
27y Vettori vs 31y(32 cuz of birthday) Adesanya, probably will be a close fight again.
33y Vettori vs 37 - will be a ko win for Vettori with brutal GNP

So only chance for Adesanya is to fight him asap, to make it 2:0 while he has the prime advantage.
Vettori will then have to work himself up the rankings again and Adesanya might be able to retire before that.

Putting some Hespect on Vettori's name saying and hoping it will happen soon and that he will win.

I'd like to see it, but Izzy's way better than Kev. Would manage the distance and probably flashbang Vet with something sneaky.

At the same time, I think Marvin's capable of doing better against Izzy than anyone else right now.

Whittaker looks better physically, but has the same problems as before, still launches his body from a trebuchet every time he throws leaving himself exposed and I doubt he'd ever push for a grappling fight, so it's probably the same result.

Back