Vettori vs Adesanya II

The first fight means zero.
We dont even know if IF Vvettori is top 7 material.
The Holland fight - meh ? ( assuming the Holland derailment lands him in the top 20....lol...in a thinned out 185 division.)

We really needed to see what he looked like vs Till.

All that said - Adesanya by stoppage or a cautious Izz 50-45 s him.

Hermansson is better than Till and Holland

lmao, your'e casual kid, you said so in your original post.
Izzy hit Rob right on the spot, anyone goes down hit there. Kimbo went down to a walking backwards jab on the chin, as did Robbie Lawyer.
Iron chined Mark Hunt got Ko'd by a middleweight being hit on the right spot.

Why comment on stuff you have no understanding of?
Cant wait to watch Rob run chin up into another KO punch. Watching him run straight into counters over and over last time against Adesanya until he got flatlined was hilarious

They guy who got tagged by Kevin holland? Hope he wins
I don’t think Vettori beats Adesanya because Izzy actually has TD defense... however getting tagged by Holland is nothing to be ashamed off, I actually think Holland has better hands than Izzy.. just that Adesanya’s the better overall striker

I don’t think Vettori beats Adesanya because Izzy actually has TD defense... however getting tagged by Holland is nothing to be ashamed off, I actually think Holland has better hands than Izzy.. just that Adesanya’s the better overall striker
I think also preparing for a primarily counter striking muaythai fighter with the same reach as you is a bit different than preparing for a random kung fu guy that larps as batman and also has a 7 inch reach over you

That's a fair point.

Maybe if they fight now Israel would actually win this one.......but I doubt it.

Vettori won ONE round via lay and pray. He inflicted 0 damage, made 0 submission attempts, and never passed guard. Izzy eventually made his way back to his feet. Just because Jan, the LHW champion, managed to beat Izzy doesn't mean everyone can.
Vettori had Holland in a couple of arm triangles at least so I'm not sure which fight you were watching.

I think you're overthinking this situation and favouring Vettori because you have a bias against Adesanya

We get it you really want to see Adesanya get KO'd or something

Adesanya is a level ahead of Marvin and would beat him again

I don't think Vettori sniffs a title shot if it's not given to him right now. Based on the Holland fight, he loses to every top 5 guy.
<TheWire1>
Strange he already beat top 5 guy in Hermansson then.

There's way too much hero worship of izzy here yet wanting to keep him from the guy who walked him down and took him down the 1st fight in only 3 rounds.

vettori beats him again. izzy has shit wrestling/grappling, vettori will control him easily for 3-4 rounds.

holland is way better than till who is what 1-4 in his last 5 matches with his only win being a SD to Gastelum where he just hugged him for 3 rounds lol

Marvin is like a smaller, not quite as good Jan...

Izzy wins the rematch

Hermansson is better than Till and Holland
Yeah ....I agree. I've NEVER considered Till where people place him these days at 185. I was interested in that particular fight cause Till aggressive and a better measuring stick than Holland. I wanted to see what kind of growth from Vettori.
The Hollsnd fight left me incomplete and im not even dumping on Martin- I just( no one) dont know.

Vettori's style is incredibly boring, so the UFC would much rather give Whittaker the rematch if he beats Gastelum.

Vettori will probably have to fight someone like Till, and should Till win, he'll get shortcut to a title shot despite only have a one-win streak - the UFC seem to like the idea of Izzy/Till as does the champ himself.

A lot of people hating on Vettori, saying he hasn't earned it.

I'm ok with that.
The longer it takes, the closer Vettori is to his prime and Israel might slip out of his.
All the casual don't grasp the concept of time and prime.

They had a somewhat close fight. at 24y vs 28y
They have the same amount of MMA fights.
But Adesanya also had 80 kickboxing and 6 boxing bouts. Meaning his mileage is way higher.

If they fight next
27y Vettori vs 31y(32 cuz of birthday) Adesanya, probably will be a close fight again.
33y Vettori vs 37 - will be a ko win for Vettori with brutal GNP

So only chance for Adesanya is to fight him asap, to make it 2:0 while he has the prime advantage.
Vettori will then have to work himself up the rankings again and Adesanya might be able to retire before that.
U sound pretty invested in Vettori winning.

He ain’t the one bruh.

I think Adesanya will be too accurate and fast for him

I was recently watching their first fight and no way it was a split decision, there is no way Vettori won 2 rounds. It was one of the most obvious 29-28 fights ever, very easy to score.

I have no desire to see a decision machine as champion. Being a blanket is not fighting.

Izzy isn’t losing to anyone in the division. However for the group of people that are anxious to see Izzy lose the belt, your best bet is Rob in a rematch. Even then it’s not enough but he stands a better chance then Vettori.

Vettori can still improve no question, but he isn’t ready just yet. All the people looking at the Holland fight and saying “oooooo Vittori can win against Izzy!!!!l” are making a huge mistake. That’s not the fight to use an indicator for Vittori winning against Izzy. If anything, it’s the opposite. If I’m Izzy I’m desperately trying to get that fight based on what I saw from Vettori against Holland.

Back