Vettori is a passionate Yushin Okami with worse technique

People saying Okami had no chin but, up until the Anderson TKO, he had already had 32 fights over 8 years and only TKOd once early in his career.

People with recency bias.

He had taken power shots from Nate Marquardt or Rich Franklin without barely blinking

It was Tim Boetsch who finally cracked Okami's chin with a savage beating and the incompetence of Leon Roberts

Last edited:
I didn't say Marvin didn't deserve the shot, he was a bit fortuitous to be the right guy at the right time but he was no less deserving than Thales Leites, Anthony Smith or a bunch of other people who've got shots over the years.

I'd also like Till to get a win to get a shot, but I suspect one will be enough.

His fight vs Adesanya would be even more boring than his fight with Wonderboy. I really hope Brunson puts a beating of him and the UFC releases him. One of the most annoying, overrated, and boring fighters in recent memory imho.

His fight vs Adesanya would be even more boring than his fight with Wonderboy. I really hope Brunson puts a beating of him and the UFC releases him. One of the most annoying, overrated, and boring fighters in recent memory imho.

He could lose quite a few without getting released imo. The UFC love him.

.....and thats the rub in this deplorable division. Vettori's only chance of winning would to possibly fall on his sword while " possibly " securing takedowns and labor Adesanya. Their first fight meant nothing and it's rather funny how many people were giving Vettori a solid shot at beating him.
Things have changed in 2021 .

prime okami > vettori.

"Prime Okami's" biggest wins were Marquardt and Munoz. He couldn't even get one TD on Anderson in their rematch.

The amount of revisionist history that you guys are spinning to discredit Adesanya is hilarious.

Izzy has reach, diverse striking, speed, good power, and great reflexes. Just wish he wouldn’t do that homo stuff.

A Khabib-tier wrestler is needed to beat him.

"Prime Okami's" biggest wins were Marquardt and Munoz. He couldn't even get one TD on Anderson in their rematch.

The amount of revisionist history that you guys are spinning to discredit Adesanya is hilarious.
If you actually follow my posts - I really never dis credit Adesanya .In fact , I call him on an island by himself in a very weak 2021 division. To be fair, that also makes me wonder how good he is ( for the bad or the good.)
I know where I stand with Vettori.... which is what this is about.

I have too many negative opinions about mma 2021- especially from 170 & up cause I actually understand when mma hit its ceiling( talent & depth wise ) like 3-4 years ago.

I hate coming on here these days cause I'm not going to pull punches and be honest.

Lombard, Swick and Belcher were arguably better wins than Muñoz, and most people thought he beat Shields as well. His fight with Franklin was extremely close too.

Maybe you are not aware but Silva is one of the best clinch fighters ever in MMA, and Okami had judo oriented TDs from the clinch.
The fact he got completely shut down there by Silva is a testament of Anderson's ability, he would have given more problems to Israel in the clinch than Vettori did.

Lombard, Swick and Belcher were arguably better wins than Muñoz, and most people thought he beat Shields as well. His fight with Franklin was extremely close too.

Maybe you are not aware but Silva is one of the best clinch fighters ever in MMA, and Okami had judo oriented TDs from the clinch.
The fact he got completely shut down there by Silva is a testament of Anderson's ability, he would have given more problems to Israel in the clinch than Vettori did.
Also people forget about andersons growth as a middle . His frame became big & thick in his prime.... which is why he was able to go to 205 and have sucess without giving up much weight at all.

The past few years, you have welters coming up to 185 and having success .

It's a different game and I hope DW comes through on this vision of his. I dont know how it happens but if he makes it happen then I cant tell you how much credit he deserves .I'm not on either side of the love/ hate fence of White. I do consider him an enormous asset ( his face alone plus.......) of the UFC. He has controversial pillars sunk in the ground for a reason and that's for HOPEFUL DOWNSTREAM success.

I really do hate some of the opinions I have but it is what it is.

Lol Anderson has a good clinch for MMA, that's it. Maybe Okami's clinch isn't as good as you think it is?

GSP already destroyed your notion of MMA regressing, the fact you're still pushing that narrative shows your bias.

Izzy>Silva in every way. Izzy wouldn't close distance swinging wild hooks.

Gyno lmao. Basically a failed test in my book.
Bro, you're my guy, but your whole Sherdog persona is Chael Sonnen...

Lol Anderson has a good clinch for MMA, that's it. Maybe Okami's clinch isn't as good as you think it is?

GSP already destroyed your notion of MMA regressing, the fact you're still pushing that narrative shows your bias.

Izzy>Silva in every way. Izzy wouldn't close distance swinging wild hooks

Okami's or Anderson's clinch games were very good not becase I say so but because other fellow top fighters have given them credit for it. Israel is better than Silva in some aspects, definitely not the clinch in MMA.

You can stop with that talk about "swinging wild hooks"...we have actually watched Israel fighting Silva well into his 40s...so you can stop playing that lame fanboy persona

Okami's or Anderson's clinch games were very good not becase I say so but because other fellow top fighters have given them credit for it. Israel is better than Silva in some aspects, definitely not the clinch in MMA.

You can stop with that talk about "swinging wild hooks"...we have actually watched Israel fighting Silva well into his 40s...so you can stop playing that lame fanboy persona

Yes, several fighters have commented on how deceptively strong Anderson and Okami are.

Lombard, Swick and Belcher were arguably better wins than Muñoz,

LOL Lombard had zero quality wins at MW in the UFC. He was exposed as being totally unable to compete in the division at the UFC level. How the hell you could rate him above Munoz is mind-boggling.

Swick and Belcher were very competent fighters, but neither got as close to a title shot as Munoz did. People seem to have forgotten that Munoz/Weidman was basically a title eliminator.

and most people thought he beat Shields as well.

Shields was best at 170.

His fight with Franklin was extremely close too.

Okay.

Vettori has a massive size advantage on Okami, and Adesanya's TDD defense is extremely solid in the clinch. Sorry, just not buying it.

LOL Lombard had zero quality wins at MW in the UFC. He was exposed as being totally unable to compete in the division at the UFC level. How the hell you could rate him above Munoz is mind-boggling.

Swick and Belcher were very competent fighters, but neither got as close to a title shot as Munoz did. People seem to have forgotten that Munoz/Weidman was basically a title eliminator.

Again, it's not just my opinion - or your opinion - that Lombard was arguably a better win than Muñoz.
Lombard was ranked higher than Muñoz when they fought Yushin. A win over Lombard got Okami the #3 spot in UFC rankings, while the win over Muñoz placed him #5 in those same rankings. You can type "LOL" to discredit those facts but it is what it is.

Swick actually fought a tittle eliminator in UFC, and did way better than Muñoz at that. He was promised a tittle shot vs Silva had he beaten Okami as well. He went in a 9-1 run in UFC only loss to Yushin.

Shields was a MW champion beating Dan Henderson. Anyways Okami fought him - and arguably beat him - at 175lbs

Vettori's has "a massive size advantage" over Okami? ...is that supposed to be a fact or an opinion ¿?

You should inform yourself a bit better before discussing, especially if you are gonna discredit other's opinins with "lols" here and there

Last edited:

The joke s on you but I'm just ahead of the curve and your levels beneath me. You'll understand one day and , of course, I don't expect your typical sherdogger , kind of dumb mma fan( thatd be u) to come on here and accept the scary ubiquity of whsts going on.

I hope mma actually trends back the correct way then we all could be happy.
( I'm more than happy to smarten u up- privately- on a one on one type of deal)

The joke s on you but I'm just ahead of the curve and your levels beneath me. You'll understand one day and , of course, I don't expect your typical sherdogger , kind of dumb mma fan( thatd be u) to come on here and accept the scary ubiquity of whsts going on.

I hope mma actually trends back the correct way then we all could be happy.
( I'm more than happy to smarten u up- privately- on a one on one type of deal)

<DisgustingHHH>

Back