Vettori is a passionate Yushin Okami with worse technique

"Prime Okami's" biggest wins were Marquardt and Munoz. He couldn't even get one TD on Anderson in their rematch.

The amount of revisionist history that you guys are spinning to discredit Adesanya is hilarious.

I think both Okami & Vettori have nothing for Anderson & Izzy. Having said that, Marquardt was elite at the time, it was #1 contenders fight, Marquadt was actually ranked #2/#3 for a long time. I don't consider any of Vettori's wins nearly as good as that, except Costa was equal to that. I don't know if Costa even cares anymore though, I think he doesn't even wanna be in the UFC anymore

TS only wanted to bring up the greatness that was Yushin Okami and I applaud him for that

Top 5 GOAT Japanese fighter

Vettori is just a modern day Ed Herman type. He's there, he shows up, he wants something, but just won't get it at all.

Vettori is just a modern day Ed Herman type. He's there, he shows up, he wants something, but just won't get it at all.

Vettori is much more talented than journeyman Herman, with all due respect to Ed

Yeah, he's so stiff and robotic in his movements. I thought he'd have the chin and cardio to grind out Cannonier but was wrong.

Yeah, he's so stiff and robotic in his movements. I thought he'd have the chin and cardio to grind out Cannonier but was wrong.

Yeah he was dissapointing vs Cannonier. Used to mix up striking with clinch/TDs pretty well but seems to not only didnt evolve but actually regress with his wrestling game.
Jared is very hard to handle at 185 though

Vettori is much more talented than journeyman Herman, with all due respect to Ed
is he though? or is he just the 2023 equivalent? came up short every time, wears his shorts backwards, eats punches, no strategy, dude is absolutely mental.

is he though? or is he just the 2023 equivalent? came up short every time, wears his shorts backwards, eats punches, no strategy, dude is absolutely mental.

Haha yeah
Vettori came up short vs the champion and #1 contenders.
Herman used to do vs fringe top15 or not even that
You are right for the rest though

Marvin probably has less skills, but is way more durable and has way more heart.

Okami looked like a scared lamb out there vs Silva, it was a pathetic performance.

He’s big and aggressive but he lacks distinct fight IQ.

Point blank, he’s a meathead grappler

Nobody in current top10 resembles Okami more than Vettori does.

Nobody from Silva's era resembles Vettori more than Okami did.

Do you even understand MMA?
Hey I guess Dricus du Plessis is Patrick Cote

Hey I guess Dricus du Plessis is Patrick Cote

But how
Cote was a one dimensional, orthodox striker with durability as one of his main assets.

Du Plessis has unorthodox striking, relies on TDs a lot and doesnt stand out for durability, if anything his endurance his suspect.

Confirmed: you are pretty clueless, very superficial understanding of this sport despite the amount of time/posts spent in a mma forum

But how
Cote was a one dimensional, orthodox striker with durability as one of his main assets.

Du Plessis has unorthodox striking, relies on TDs a lot and doesnt stand out for durability, if anything his endurance his suspect.

Confirmed: you are pretty clueless, very superficial understanding of this sport despite the amount of time/posts spent in a mma forum
But durability is one of Vettoris biggest strengths. Durability was Okamis biggest weakness.

You're a clown dude. This thread is a joke.

Back