Vemola out, Derek Brunson in vs Leben at UFC 155

BionicCommando

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Per MMAJunkie:

Four-time Strikeforce veteran Derek Brunson (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is making his way to the UFC.

USA TODAY Sports today learned that Brunson has verbally agreed to replace an injured Karlos Vemola (9-3 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and now meets Chris Leben (22-8 MMA, 12-7 UFC) on the pay-per-view-opening first bout of next week's UFC 155 event.

UFC executives have yet to officially announce the switch, but verbal agreements are in place and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/...rikeforce-vet-derek-brunson-meets-chris-leben

Much improved fight. I know Brunson got iced vs Jacare but he still has a lot of promise and I thought he beat Kendall Grove.

Good for Derek after not getting his shot on TUF, hope he gets the win.

I wonder if this means Strikeforce fighters are now able to make the transition?

Showtime wouldn't let Brunson fight on tuf. So something must of changed.

Derek Brunson is a good dude and has promise. I do not like Leben because he beat Akiyama.

Damn, wish they would have done Leben vs. Cote since Sakara just pulled out of that bout

scratch that last post, too soon for cote to get back in there

Now Vemola can take his time off to drop to welterweight! :icon_lol:

Seriously though, Leben by KO.

Big step-up for Brunson, Grove, Souza and now Leben

lol Vemola sucks. I love that people even complain when an injury replacement makes a card better.

Vemola might not be at the top of the division, but he doesn't "suck". He's an entertaining fighter and I was looking forward to seeing him fight Leben.

I'm surprised UFC picked him up.
He isn't UFC caliber.

Back