• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina Should be Required to Fight Taila Santos before a Rematch with Grasso

I would be ok with it if she wasnt finished.
There was a clear winner.
A clear superior fighter.

UFC was happy with her as champion,and are OK with her winning it back.

I don't believe money should dictate who gets a rematch or not...

Id rather let someones body of work speak for there merit...if Usman gets his .. Valentina gets hers as does Izzy ..

This is the way...If grasso is the new queen she will prove it
I don't think money should dictate title shots, either. The point is that the immediate rematch doesn't make sense for the division and its contenders (it holds up the division), doesn't make sense for the UFC (it's not a money fight), and doesn't make sense for the fans (I don't see hordes of fans clamoring for the rematch). Aside from Valentina and her fanbase, a rematch wouldn't make sense for anyone. Just because Usman and Izzy got rematches doesn't mean Valentina should as well. Every situation is different and, in my mind, none of them should get instant rematches.

I don't know if I'd say it was on the way to a comfortable decision, she lost one round officially and the 4th was close till she lost.
Well to me it was a really clear round, Valentina downloaded her distance and Grasso was jabbed at will, much different situation than in the first round when Grasso was much more smooth with it. Even the stats back up what I say quite nicely, Valentina had 10 more signature strikes on full 25% better precision. There was really nothing that Grasso did in that round but got oustruck to be honest.

And I didn't watch those stats until later of course, to me it was clear she was lost on feet in that round. Nothing wrong with that, she was tired and Valentina had 3 rounds for her reads + takedown threat. Of course, those are all hypotheticals since Grasso won so yeah, congrats to her. But that was on its way to 3-1 and it was pretty clear. I am only saying that in a context that Valentina definitely deserved that rematch. Not saying she will win, but we all saw that she definitely can and her championship run is more than enough of an argument...

I don't think money should dictate title shots, either. The point is that the immediate rematch doesn't make sense for the division and its contenders (it holds up the division), doesn't make sense for the UFC (it's not a money fight), and doesn't make sense for the fans (I don't see hordes of fans clamoring for the rematch). Aside from Valentina and her fanbase, a rematch wouldn't make sense for anyone. Just because Usman and Izzy got rematches doesn't mean Valentina should as well. Every situation is different and, in my mind, none of them should get instant rematches.
I completely agree, instant rematches are ridiculous, especially if someone was finished. Which happened in all 3 cases. If it was a split decision, a controversial decision or just a plain one sided decision I'll be sympathetic.

Back