• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina Should be Required to Fight Taila Santos before a Rematch with Grasso

When the rematch with Santos was in the works she was feigning injury. As soon as Santos got booked , all of sudden she was game for what she thought was a squash match vs Grasso. There is unfinished business that ought to be settled here before she gets a championship rematch.
I agree. Shevchenko vs Santos needs to happen before a Shevchenko-Grasso 2. The instant rematch get handed out too often.

Shes gotta better chance to beat Schev again than beating Blanchfield, whod probably get the next shot if Schev doesnt get a rematch

She could just say she's recovering from an injury until Shev/Santos is booked, then call out Fiorot.

SmugValentina.gif

suck it haters!

XcsboNm.gif

As someone who despises immediate title rematches, I agree but it won’t happen. Instead they’ll book the immediate rematch for a year from now, Valentina will win a narrow decision, and they’ll run it back one more time, which will end up being Valentina’s retirement fight.
They'll run it back unless Val smokes her

She had 7 title defences and was on a way to a very comfortable decision, of course she is gonna get it. People got it for far less. She is one of the people who deserve it 100%, though generally I have nothing against instant rematches since I think they are often warranted.

Some will say that is boring, but I don’t watch this for a show (though I enjoy a good one), I watch it because I like the sport and there is barely any fight I regretted watching.
I don't know if I'd say it was on the way to a comfortable decision, she lost one round officially and the 4th was close till she lost.

7 consecutive title defenses deserves an auto rematch. Other champs with way less have gotten one

In a fair world, she'd have to get another win.

In the world we live, her NOT getting a rematch would be unfair.

What should happen:

Grasso-Blanchfield
Valentina-Santos

What will happen:

Grasso-Valentina
Blanchfield-Santos

download (5).jpeg

Dominick doesn't approve of your should happen plan...he also says u smell like booze and cigarettes.

I agree..

Shev was the queen of the division she gets to avenge her crown

Come on! It was a beautiful flashninja choke in a fight she was losing. In this case it is ok to cement it so we can't say it was random luck. You never want to see the champion random lucked in.

I disagree that Grasso was losing that fight. I think had it gone to a fifth round, it would have been 2-2.

7 consecutive title defenses deserves an auto rematch. Other champs with way less have gotten one

Other champs got rematches they did not deserve. No champ deserves an automatic rematch after being finished. No one deserves a title shot coming off of a loss.

That goddess ruled the division and arguably was winning that fight. If ever there was a former champ that deserves a rematch, it’s Val.

Santos should be the fight to make.
Give Grasso and a gimme fight, let her fight Choo Choo Chookagian.

Instant rematch in this instance would be well--deserved.
Longest-reigning champ in WMMA history FFS

Reactions: HHJ
View attachment 972907

Dominick doesn't approve of your should happen plan...he also says u smell like booze and cigarettes.

I agree..

Shev was the queen of the division she gets to avenge her crown
I don't begrudge your opinion; if any champion deserves an immediate rematch, it's probably Valentina. But personally, I don't believe in immediate rematches, especially where the champion got finished. I don't care if she/he had 20 title defenses; if they lose the belt and get finished, they should have to win at least won fight before getting a rematch. Immediate rematches hold up divisions and leave deserving contenders twisting in the wind.

From the UFC's perspective, I understand immediate rematches in cases like Usman-Edwards. There's money to be made on the rematch, and they don't want to risk it by letting Edwards get beat by someone else. But that doesn't apply here: a Valentina-Grasso rematch doesn't make much sense from a monetary perspective. And it doesn't necessarily move the needle from a fan perspective. For the most part, I think the only people who truly are about an immediate rematch are Valentina and her fanbase.

I don't begrudge your opinion; if any champion deserves an immediate rematch, it's probably Valentina. But personally, I don't believe in immediate rematches, especially where the champion got finished. I don't care if she/he had 20 title defenses; if they lose the belt and get finished, they should have to win at least won fight before getting a rematch. Immediate rematches hold up divisions and leave deserving contenders twisting in the wind.

From the UFC's perspective, I understand immediate rematches in cases like Usman-Edwards. There's money to be made on the rematch, and they don't want to risk it by letting Edwards get beat by someone else. But that doesn't apply here: a Valentina-Grasso rematch doesn't make much sense from a monetary perspective. And it doesn't necessarily move the needle from a fan perspective. For the most part, I think the only people who truly are about an immediate rematch are Valentina and her fanbase.

I don't believe money should dictate who gets a rematch or not...

Id rather let someones body of work speak for there merit...if Usman gets his .. Valentina gets hers as does Izzy ..

This is the way...If grasso is the new queen she will prove it

Back