• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina Should be Required to Fight Taila Santos before a Rematch with Grasso

Ownaging

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
When the rematch with Santos was in the works she was feigning injury. As soon as Santos got booked , all of sudden she was game for what she thought was a squash match vs Grasso. There is unfinished business that ought to be settled here before she gets a championship rematch.

Come on! It was a beautiful flashninja choke in a fight she was losing. In this case it is ok to cement it so we can't say it was random luck. You never want to see the champion random lucked in.

As someone who despises immediate title rematches, I agree but it won’t happen. Instead they’ll book the immediate rematch for a year from now, Valentina will win a narrow decision, and they’ll run it back one more time, which will end up being Valentina’s retirement fight.

Santos-Schev winner fights Grasso-Blanchfield winner would be fire...but the UFC matchmaking never has the foresight to make such exciting bouts. They will just do the mindlesss immediate rematch.

Jarl

she deserves a rematch but at the same time would rather see different stuff happening in the division

She had 7 title defences and was on a way to a very comfortable decision, of course she is gonna get it. People got it for far less. She is one of the people who deserve it 100%, though generally I have nothing against instant rematches since I think they are often warranted.

Some will say that is boring, but I don’t watch this for a show (though I enjoy a good one), I watch it because I like the sport and there is barely any fight I regretted watching.

Reactions: HHJ
Santos-Schev winner fights Grasso-Blanchfield winner would be fire...but the UFC matchmaking never has the foresight to make such exciting bouts. They will just do the mindlesss immediate rematch.

Jarl
Grasso vs Shevy 2
Blanchfield vs Fiorot

Santos can fight Chookagian or the Maia/O'Neal winner.

Blanchfield and Fiorot are the future of the division. I think both beat Grasso.
but Shev deserves it even if her recent performances have looked bad.

When the rematch with Santos was in the works she was feigning injury. As soon as Santos got booked , all of sudden she was game for what she thought was a squash match vs Grasso. There is unfinished business that ought to be settled here before she gets a championship rematch.

Lol shes a long reigning champion..i think not lol

U get some perks when u defended your belt so much and that's one the immediate rematch...

If Santos is who she thinks she is.... she'll get her chance

great point ts

I liked Val a lot & still do but the way she was acting after a split decision vs Talia that a lot of people thought should've gone the other way didn't sit well. You could easily argue she's 0-2 of last 2. Perfect situation to avoid the instant rematch & gets some drama in the div. If she takes out Santos she should be guaranteed a ts & let Grasso defend against Fiorot who whoever.

I agree, but she'll get the immediate rematch.

If Grasso was smart she would pull an Aljo and fake an injury/say she needs surgery and try to force Shevchenko to fight Santos.

Crazy that we're in 2023, and people still think you win a fight with Lay n' Pray.

48-47 Shevchenko

She's a white girl, and she's jacked
Deal with it

Reactions: HHJ
I agree, but she'll get the immediate rematch.

If Grasso was smart she would pull an Aljo and fake an injury/say she needs surgery and try to force Shevchenko to fight Santos.
Shes gotta better chance to beat Schev again than beating Blanchfield, whod probably get the next shot if Schev doesnt get a rematch

Back