Valentina is a sore loser

There are not any human 'races', only one human race. Just several ethnic varieties. Race is just another wacky term/construct invented by the one single human race to cause problems.

I was pulling for Grasso to win, but she's not wrong. The fight could have gone either way imo. Also Mexican isn't a race.

Round 1: Valentina
Round 2: Grasso
Round 3: Valentina
Round 4: Grasso
Round 5: Grasso

This is how I interpreted the fight as well, with Round 4 being very close. Shevchenko is an exceptional fighter but sometimes overestimates her abilities.

Val's racist rant when interviewed damaged all the hard work that the UFC was doing trying to promote MMA in Mexico

Implied that Mexican MMA is corrupt and all their accomplishments are fraudulent

She was almost finished and saved by the bell, she lucky to get a draw instead of a decision loss

DC: "Guys I'm here with the former Champion Valentina Shevchenko.Valentina, another very competitive fight. Did you feel like you had done enough to get the victory?"

VS: "Yeah I think it really was three-two in my side, but judges I think you have felt a little bit like pressure because it's kind of like Mexican Independence Day. That's why I think it's one more for the Mexican fighter...I was expecting the battle and I went through a war, I fought till the end and I think I did enough. In the fair fight, in the fair competition, victory would be mine."

How is that in any way racist?

DC: "Guys I'm here with the former Champion Valentina Shevchenko.Valentina, another very competitive fight. Did you feel like you had done enough to get the victory?"

VS: "Yeah I think it really was three-two in my side, but judges I think you have felt a little bit like pressure because it's kind of like Mexican Independence Day. That's why I think it's one more for the Mexican fighter...I was expecting the battle and I went through a war, I fought till the end and I think I did enough. In the fair fight, in the fair competition, victory would be mine."

How is that in any way racist?

Implied that the judging was fixed towards Alexa not due to her skill but because it was Mexican Independence Day

Extremely racist but very subtle

Implied that the judging was fixed towards Alexa not due to her skill but because it was Mexican Independence Day

She thought that she deserved the win, but didn't get it because the home crowd fighter, got a home crowd advantage with the judging (I don't disagree btw). How on earth is that racist though? You still haven't explained it.

She thought that she deserved the win, but didn't get it because the home crowd fighter, got a home crowd advantage with the judging (I don't disagree btw). How on earth is that racist though? You still haven't explained it.

She thought she deserved the win but since she didn't get it and Alexa only won because it was Mexican Independence Day not because she was the better fighter

Doesn't have to be explained, the crowd booing towards that racist comment said it all

Val was very subtle about it though, didn't say it outright but twisted her words

How in the fuck is round 5 a 10-8?? Someone should look into the bank account of that judge.

THE VENUE WAS IN LAS VEGAS NOT MEXICO.

She thought she deserved the win but since she didn't get it and Alexa only won because it was Mexican Independence Day not because she was the better fighter

Doesn't have to be explained, the crowd booing towards that racist comment said it all

Val was very subtle about it though, didn't say it outright but twisted her words

Shut the fuck up dummy

idiots like you are ruining society screaming racism and sexism off the rooftops any chance you get only creating more and more tension as a result

If your answer is, it "doesn't have to be explained", you obviously don't have a strong rationale for calling it racism. The crowd booing her comment isn't evidence that the comment is racist. They just didn't like her opinion that the judges could be biased.

I honestly don't think you understand what racism is.

She is a sore loser. Was after the Nunes rematch too. But she might have legit qualms for this one.... 10-8 Grasso in round 5 is one of the worst round scores in MMA history. If it was just 10-9 Grasso, Val wouldve regained the belt.

THE VENUE WAS IN LAS VEGAS NOT MEXICO.
I'm aware, but the event was titled in Spanish, with a customized Mexican belt for the Mexican champion who headlined the card (which featured several other Mexican fighters), and the card took place in an area with a large Mexican population, that actually used to belong to Mexico.

Pointing out that the UFC is favoring fighters from that market on a "UFC Mexico" card in which their goal is to create stars and champions in the Mexican market is not racism, don't bait like that. There was clear preferrential treatment to judge the fight in a way that kept the belt on Grasso, that's not even debatable, say what you will but round 5 was not a 10-8 for anybody under any sane scoring criteria, that's a blatant fix called in by Dana/UFC after realizing it would be a Valentina win.

That's corruption, plain as day, it doesn't matter who you thought won or anything, you cannot be sane and agree that round 5 was a 10-8 for Grasso, the fact that a professional judge saw it that way says he was paid to see it that way, to make the fight a draw, keep the belt in Mexico and create a trilogy fight they can use as another headlining title fight later on. This is business, not sport, expect more bullshit like this as the WWE effect takes hold of the UFC, Vince MacMahon calls the shots now so expect all sorts of Montreal Screwjob-level fixing of matches.

I had it pretty clearly Val 134 but she is super salty. Not just from the post fight interview about scoring, but rather that in the post fight press conference she mentioned how the knees were illegal because she had her fingers down. But iirc Vegas uses the unified rules where you need to have PALM down, not just fingers, specifically to combat this “fingers down” game of avoiding knees to the head.

Pointing out that the UFC is favoring fighters from that market on a "UFC Mexico" card in which their goal is to create stars and champions in the Mexican market is not racism, don't bait like that. There was clear preferrential treatment to judge the fight in a way that kept the belt on Grasso, that's not even debatable, say what you will but round 5 was not a 10-8 for anybody under any sane scoring criteria, that's a blatant fix called in by Dana/UFC after realizing it would be a Valentina win.

That's corruption, plain as day, it doesn't matter who you thought won or anything, you cannot be sane and agree that round 5 was a 10-8 for Grasso, the fact that a professional judge saw it that way says he was paid to see it that way, to make the fight a draw, keep the belt in Mexico and create a trilogy fight they can use as another headlining title fight later on. This is business, not sport, expect more bullshit like this as the WWE effect takes hold of the UFC, Vince MacMahon calls the shots now so expect all sorts of Montreal Screwjob-level fixing of matches.
I don't agree with some of the details, but I completely agree with the main point about this being a business decision to find a way for Grasso to retain the belt. It's clear as day. UFC has been trying to crack into this market forever; they made a custom belt for the girl, titled the event in Spanish, held it in an area with tons of Mexican Americans. That's a massive investment on their part.

If your answer is, it "doesn't have to be explained", you obviously don't have a strong rationale for calling it racism. The crowd booing her comment isn't evidence that the comment is racist. They just didn't like her opinion that the judges could be biased.

I honestly don't think you understand what racism is.

Val didn't go on a Colby rant calling Mexico a dump and calling the Mexican filthy animals but what she said was racist

Can understand if you don't see it that way though

Shut the fuck up dummy

idiots like you are ruining society screaming racism and sexism off the rooftops any chance you get only creating more and more tension as a result

Cry more you racist troll

Implied that the judging was fixed towards Alexa not due to her skill but because it was Mexican Independence Dayq

This isn't racist at all, Mexican isn't a race.

At best if you tweaked your argument to xenophobic you'd have more ground to stand on.

Back