• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Valentina is a sore loser

You're conflating two issues: incompetent/corrupt judges and the scoring system not accurately reflecting what happened in the fight. Judging the fight as a whole would make the first issue much worse. Using more than 2 points to judge a round would be much better than just throwing out the scoring criteria and giving bad judges even less accountability.

The issues are conflated because you have a bad system of scoring and judges (and fans) aren't consistent or simply don't know the rules. Often because the rules themselves, and what constitutes a 10-8 round is a perfect example, are very unclear.

I disagree that judging fights as whole makes it worse. There would still be disagreements but people wouldnt be over-analyzing single rounds of 5 round fights. 10-9 rounds where neither fighter does much shouldnt count the same as rounds where there is a knockdown or damage occurs.

I personally think Grasso is an easy winner if you judge the fight as a whole based on who did the most damage but I admit i'm biased because I was rooting for her.

One elbow producing a cut isn't damage. Its superficial. That elbow was not more damaging than getting put on your ass, or getting kneed in the head 4+ times, or getting your head dribbled off the mat like it was in the 5th round. blood =/= damage.

One elbow cut Yadong by Sandhagen... you're right though...only damage that counts is what you guys deem true.

I love that you mentioned a single elbow out of the 3/4 of a round Grasso got hit with almost no reply.

You're right though, it was only ONE elbow...smfh.

Most fighters who lose close decisions or draw are salty. In their own heads it makes sense that they won the fight. But if she pulled the race card then yeah.

I'd hate to be person getting the "I told you so" from Val today.

According to Val she dominated the first fight until a momentarily lapse saw her lose.

All I've seen over the last six months from Val's fans was how she was going to absolutely destroy Grasso in the rematch. Well she had 25 minutes to send the pretender packing and it didn't happen.

Now the rest of the division are supposed to sit on the sidelines while we give Shevchenko yet another chance. No, let someone else have a crack and let Val fight her way back into contention.

One elbow cut Yadong by Sandhagen... you're right though...only damage that counts is what you guys deem true.

I love that you mentioned a single elbow out of the 3/4 of a round Grasso got hit with almost no reply.

You're right though, it was only ONE elbow...smfh.
Did that elbow hurt Dong? That was another great example of an elbow doing no damage, but getting a cut. Just bc someone is bleeding don't mean it is 'damage'. Getting a busted nose and bleeding from a jab isn't damage. Getting knocked the fuck down from a punch and then bleeding is damage. Damage should be counted as brain damage, not superficial damage. You can cut them up all day and they ain't going get knocked out. You keep punching them in the head and doing real damage to the brain and they going to go down.

Do you even remember the elbow from shev that cut Grasso? hell no, no one does bc the elbow had no affect on the brain , and wasn't ever viewed as a big strike. And where would you put that single elbow that cut Grasso at, damage wise, over the strike from Gasso that put shev on her ass, or the 4+ knees to shevs head, or the dribbling of shevs head off the canvas in round 5?

Lol she was never getting her head dribbled off the canvas. Grasso was flailing around punching her arms trying to fish for a stoppage.
5th rd, right after she got reversed with less than 1:30 left, she at 16 punches without any defense. Fight should of been stopped, Goddard damn sure would have. Then just under 1:10 she starts to get her head dribbled. She took at least 30 strikes without intelligent defense. No wonder why she was so cte drunk in the racist interview.

She's really crying and being salty on social media as well.

Yeah she kinda sucks. She could be a huge star and a household name but she is just super unlikeable…

Round 1: Valentina
Round 2: Grasso
Round 3: Valentina
Round 4: Grasso
Round 5: Grasso

This is the correct score. It's weird how consummate point fighter Valentina keeps finding ways to fuck up and hand it to Grasso.

I predicted a Valentina points win, but I am so happy for Grasso. She doesn't have Shevchenko's athleticism but fights with inspiration and somehow always manages to stay focused and claws her way back into these fights. It's awesome.

Val meanwhile is a point fighting, percentage-playing robot. I find it hard to cheer for the robot.

I think she is right about bias and ufc likes drama and would want local to win. You never see these type of crazy dimensions when ufc is somewhere else and let's not even talk about price days

I thought Grasso won the fight pretty easily, 3 very clear rounds were hers.

The 5th definitely was not a 10-8, but the judging in general was odd imho, the fact the Valentina would have won if it wasn't for the 10-8 is utterly ridiculous.

The issues are conflated because you have a bad system of scoring and judges (and fans) aren't consistent or simply don't know the rules. Often because the rules themselves, and what constitutes a 10-8 round is a perfect example, are very unclear.

I disagree that judging fights as whole makes it worse. There would still be disagreements but people wouldnt be over-analyzing single rounds of 5 round fights. 10-9 rounds where neither fighter does much shouldnt count the same as rounds where there is a knockdown or damage occurs.

I personally think Grasso is an easy winner if you judge the fight as a whole based on who did the most damage but I admit i'm biased because I was rooting for her.
Grasso absolutely wins if you judge the fight as a whole. She had the biggest moments throughout the fight and finished it in a dominant position.

5th rd, right after she got reversed with less than 1:30 left, she at 16 punches without any defense. Fight should have been stopped, Goddard damn sure would have. Then just under 1:10 she starts to get her head dribbled. She took at least 30 strikes without intelligent defense. No wonder why she was so cte drunk in the racist interview.

Lol at thinking the fight should’ve been stopped. If she ate so many punches why did she barely have a scratch on her face? Oh that’s right it’s because Grasso was merely punching her arms. Regardless the 5th Round being a 10-8 was a travesty. Literally one person scored it that way.

Back