Rewatch Valentina Delivers Some Brutal GNP to Alexa Grasso

Nah. She was conserving energy but giving something to show the ref she wasn't out. Pointless to use oxygen throwing strikes from that position. You aren't going to hurt anyone / cause damage. Ideally you could just go limp and conserve oxygen, but then the ref would hop in and end it.

I think, anyway.

I don't know bro. I mean look at those gifs. The ref can she wasn't really in any trouble and she's hitting as if she's tapping. If she wanted to show something, she'd just have done one every now and then instead of that tapping-like flurry. She would have put a bit of power into them as well.

I don't know bro. I mean look at those gifs. The ref can she wasn't really in any trouble and she's hitting as if she's tapping. If she wanted to show something, she'd just have done one every now and then instead of that tapping-like flurry. She would have put a bit of power into them as well.

In my personal estimation, you're attributing a lot of prefrontal cortex bandwidth to justify the motivations of the actions of someone in the middle of a fistfight as some sort of subterfuge. I think she's honestly just relaxing but not appearing limp. Saying she'd only have done one vs 3 every now and then seems sort of silly (to me). Not that what you describe wouldn't be a useful mental tactic, potentially, but risking looking like you're tapping (especially when you're winning) to fool your opponent into letting go of a 75% submission would seem very odd to me.

I'm willing to be wrong, but I think the forethought that went into that was "don't look like you're out" and wait it out.

Still not as tacky as her multilingual post speech. No one cares you can speak it lady, your English is cringy enough. You know she'd be her usual sore loser self if she lost. Some embassador bitch all of a sudden.

You seem to care quite a bit. When money and legacy is on the line I don't really mind sore losers. This isn't a pick up game at the local gym. There's genuine emotional investment in these matches.

I was pleasantly surprised with her learning of my people's language.

I'm general Valentina should have been way more active with her gnp, especially from guard.

I wasn't even that mad, but the fight was the definition of lay n pray. I know she wants to secure the win, but at the very least she could beat her up a bit on the ground.

Pretty much how I feel. Hell there were times where it needed to be stood up.

lWCshpD.gif

rib-break.gif
fake taps ala CHAEL SONNEN

I wish Alexa SUBBED HER RIGHT THERE

1. That fight was absolutely awful. By today's standards, that's about the most egregious "lay n pray" you'll see. And watching Valetina celebrate after like she did something amazing made it worse.
  2. In the moment, I absolutely thought those were fake taps. And on replay, I still think they're fake taps.
  3. Alexa's wrestling is absolutely atrocious. No ability to stop very basic takedowns, and no ability to get back to her feet. It doesn't speak well for wmma when the alleged #1 p4p fighter is that inept.

Still not as tacky as her multilingual post speech. No one cares you can speak it lady, your English is cringy enough. You know she'd be her usual sore loser self if she lost. Some embassador bitch all of a sudden.
Bro she spoke English/Russian/Thai it was insane, her duolingo scores must be off the charts!!

I didn't watch the fight, this is out of context really for me.

But very strange, I don't recall seeing that before. I wouldn't blame the ref for stopping the fight.

1. That fight was absolutely awful. By today's standards, that's about the most egregious "lay n pray" you'll see. And watching Valetina celebrate after like she did something amazing made it worse.
  2. In the moment, I absolutely thought those were fake taps. And on replay, I still think they're fake taps.
  3. Alexa's wrestling is absolutely atrocious. No ability to stop very basic takedowns, and no ability to get back to her feet. It doesn't speak well for wmma when the alleged #1 p4p fighter is that inept.
Alex Peireira won the MW title with zero ability to stop a takedown (he'd take himself down even). At least Alexa could fight off her back and hes ranked #2 P4P.

Guys remember if you don’t love this fighting style then you’re a casual and not a real fan of the sport.
Am I hardcore fan now, am I one of the boys now Sherbros???
I'm still not entirely convinced. Maybe if you said something along the lines of O'Malley never being your friend that would sway me. Right now you're on probationary member status.

Back