V8 Truck

tumblr_m7f1yu5G3n1qeablwo1_250.jpg

lol, maybe i'm a retard, but i don't see the connection with what's written and that can of coke.

edit: oh wait...is it because the soda is fizzing, and the fizz is supposed to represent the world, "fizzing" or being destroyed or something along those lines?

Why would you want 'the fastest' half ton pick up? I bloody hate people who drive pick up trucks like they're fast little cars. Say hello to your transmission shop bill for me.

holy...

had no idea they were that much. is that the base model?

The base model is fully loaded, with tons of special features. It's not just your everyday base model f-150. The thing is a beast off road.

I went through 13 cars in 10 years or so....after I got my 2006 avalanche, I was satisfied. The 5.3 gm motor is the shit, seriously.

lol, maybe i'm a retard, but i don't see the connection with what's written and that can of coke.

edit: oh wait...is it because the soda is fizzing, and the fizz is supposed to represent the world, "fizzing" or being destroyed or something along those lines?

No. Look again.

Half the poor ass pussies here will tell you to get a minivan bro. I say live it up and enjoy what you got.

edit: not the people itt - the people in mayberry, more generally.

ive done a good bit of research on trucks because i wold like to get one as well, although ive never really took speed into consideration so i couldn't help you there.

Personally i want the new dodge ram. It has won some awards for 2012 truck of the year and the 2013 has the best improvements of any of the major brands. GM is gonna make some improvement for the silverado and sierra in 2014. But i think the ram looks the best of the bunch and from what ive read it has the best room and best handling.

I honestly just don't like the way the fords look, unless you are thinking of the raptor like was posted above. That thing is bad ass but you will spend 50k+ for one.

Half the poor ass pussies here will tell you to get a minivan bro. I say live it up and enjoy what you got.

edit: not the people itt - the people in mayberry, more generally.

You're just pissed off because in YOUR car thread, which was more of an attempt to brag at having arrived in being able to afford entry-luxury CUVs, no one was particularly impressed by your choice of vehicles.

BTW, if you were paying attention in that thread, several of the guys commenting that are or were past owners of German luxury cars (myself included) and were recommending against them based on a couple reasons. first among them, experience. Read between the lines, buy an Infiniti, again based on past and current ownership.

But no, we were trying to recommend a minivan because we're poor.

Last edited:
For brand new (gas) i would go with Ford right now, for diesel i would go with Chevy or Dodge for brand new, Fords 6 litre diesels are fucking garbage. I just bought a 2004 2500 Chevy Silveraldo with a 6.6 Duramax Diesel in it, its fucking amazing.

They don't make the Ford SVT Lightning or the Dodge RAM SRT-10 anymore. Nor the Chevy Silverado SS, for that matter.

The problem with muscle trucks is that the kind of thing that you saw in that linked Youtube is quite common. Live axles with that much power with almost no weight on the rear end means that the tail end wallows and once it starts, it's extremely hard to get back under control. What will really throw you for a loop is when you're going around a corner at speed and you hit a bump that unsettles your suspension. Because there's so little resistance in a typical pickup gas pedal, you'll end up blipping the throttle pretty hard. Hopefully, you won't be on an elevated on ramp when this happens.

Anyway, if you do go this route, I suggest the Toyota in full crew cab with TRD parts and to carry some weight (sandbags) in the back.

You're just pissed off because in YOUR car thread, which was more of an attempt to brag at having arrived in being able to afford entry-luxury CUVs, no one was particularly impressed by your choice of vehicles.

BTW, if you were paying attention in that thread, several of the guys commenting that are or were past owners of German luxury cars (myself included) and were recommending against them based on a couple reasons. first among them, experience. Read between the lines, buy an Infiniti, again based on past and current ownership.

But no, we were trying to recommend a minivan because we're poor.

And he's arrived!

They don't make the Ford SVT Lightning or the Dodge RAM SRT-10 anymore. Nor the Chevy Silverado SS, for that matter.

The problem with muscle trucks is that the kind of thing that you saw in that linked Youtube is quite common. Live axles with that much power with almost no weight on the rear end means that the tail end wallows and once it starts, it's extremely hard to get back under control. What will really throw you for a loop is when you're going around a corner at speed and you hit a bump that unsettles your suspension. Because there's so little resistance in a typical pickup gas pedal, you'll end up blipping the throttle pretty hard. Hopefully, you won't be on an elevated on ramp when this happens.

Anyway, if you do go this route, I suggest the Toyota in full crew cab with TRD parts and to carry some weight (sandbags) in the back.

fuck that why doesn't he just build a 56-57 chevy custom?

Unless the 2013 Chevy 2500's have changed from 2012 I'd stay away from them. I have one for work and it's a POS. It was in the shop twice for electrical problems, 3rd time they replaced the entire wiring harness. The check engine light is constantly on and the dealership can't figure it out. It rides like a lumber wagon, it's noisy, and squirely on the gravel. It's got 60,000 on it and it feels like it's wore out already. It never goes over 70, it's about half highway half gravel roads, and never has been abused.

Ford Raptor:

112225-oh-my-gadddddd-ford-raptor-2010_ford_f-150_svt_raptor.jpg

SRT-10 is faster, but it's not a V8

Came in to post a Raptor, glad to see it on the first page. I'm not even into pickups at all but the Raptor is in a class all it's own and I'd definitely roll one.

Wait 'til summer. Chevy/GMC has their next generation of trucks for 2014 going on sale and they're much better.

Says the guy who calls himself rich/wealthy because he can finally afford to upgrade to a VW or a low end Lexus. :rolleyes:

You're right about one thing - I have no idea whether you're rich or not. My apologies.

I can surmise, however, that you're an older (short) curmudgeon with little man syndrome - hence coming across as a know-it-all dick most of the time. Is that safe to say?

Last edited:
You're right about one thing - I have no idea whether you're rich or not. My apologies.

I can surmise, however, that you're an older (short) curmudgeon with little man syndrome - hence coming across as a know-it-all dick most of the time. Is that safe to say fatty?

Dough is actually one of the more respected people aroun here, you should know that. Oh wait you're a know-it-all white belt so you instantly know more than everyone else.

Back