V8 Truck

Trucks have been jacked up higher to sell to people who want the big truck. That makes them really unstable and they roll over easily. The more people you have in one, the higher the center of gravity.

I know several people who own Dodge trucks and they all say the same thing, they suck on fuel mileage. One who has an SRT has had it back so many times for repair that he claims it spends more time at the dealer than his house. All of them want to get rid of them but they're buried in them as there is no resale value.

Okay seriously, just because I want a fast truck doesn't mean that I'm going to be an irresponsible driver. Most of the time, I will be driving at speed limit lol. I just want it for those few times that I wanna show off to my buddies haha. They are truck guys too.

Anyways, now I'm debating between the GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram, and Toyota Tundra. I think I'm going to wait until 2014 to see what improvements they offer though.

2012-Ford-F-150-Harley-Davidson-rear-badge.jpg

If you're not looking to spend 50k on a specialty sports truck and are looking for a half ton pickup the GM trucks are going to be the fastest. The 5.3L engine is a beast, its been around for 12-13 years now and has a great track record. This would be a no brainier for me.

I had a 2002 Chevy 1500 with the 5.3L engine and I dropped a Z06 corvette cam in it along with a nice exhaust system. I don't know exactly how much horsepower it had but I'd imagine it was hovering around 400hp, and damn that truck was fast! I regret selling it to this day.

If you're not looking to spend 50k on a specialty sports truck and are looking for a half ton pickup the GM trucks are going to be the fastest. The 5.3L engine is a beast, its been around for 12-13 years now and has a great track record. This would be a no brainier for me.

I had a 2002 Chevy 1500 with the 5.3L engine and I dropped a Z06 corvette cam in it along with a nice exhaust system. I don't know exactly how much horsepower it had but I'd imagine it was hovering around 400hp, and damn that truck was fast! I regret selling it to this day.

the silverado and the Sierra are the same thing rite? Because I'm kind of leaning more towards a Sierra...

Dodge truck transmissions shift sloppy from my experience with them. Chevy as well but not quite as bad. Really robs the motor of its true potential.

Trucks have been jacked up higher to sell to people who want the big truck. That makes them really unstable and they roll over easily. The more people you have in one, the higher the center of gravity.

I know several people who own Dodge trucks and they all say the same thing, they suck on fuel mileage. One who has an SRT has had it back so many times for repair that he claims it spends more time at the dealer than his house. All of them want to get rid of them but they're buried in them as there is no resale value.

As of 2013, the ram has the best mileage of any of the full sized trucks. The v6 engine gets 25mpg highway which surpasses the fords eco boost engine on their v6. However the v8's as ts was looking for, the ram is right around 15-21 mpg which is on par if not better then any of the other v8's to the best of my knowledge.

I have read they are near the bottom in terms of reliability though so if thats the biggest concern, then yeah GM or ford would be the safer bet. Dodge is putting a lot more work into the ram but its to be seen if the reliability improves.

Also the higher end new rams have a airbag hydraulic option where you can adjust the height of the truck up to 4 inches leaving it low for driving on the freeway and getting in and out out or raising it up for off roading or just to look cool.

Okay seriously, just because I want a fast truck doesn't mean that I'm going to be an irresponsible driver. Most of the time, I will be driving at speed limit lol. I just want it for those few times that I wanna show off to my buddies haha. They are truck guys too.

Anyways, now I'm debating between the GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram, and Toyota Tundra. I think I'm going to wait until 2014 to see what improvements they offer though.

Just drop this, when you buy a truck buy you dont buy import. if you want speed get a raptor or a Dodge ram runner

Back