• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Usyk to play Igor Vovchanchyn with The Rock in Mark Kerr movie

Not sure if Kerr is still working as a car salesman but hopefully the Rock can kick something to Kerr for this movie

Igor was a killer, dude was 5'8 fighting absolute monsters and destroying them. The very fact that he even fought Mark Kerr (6'3 absolute titan) seems insane by modern standards. Usyk is 6'3 so it's a bit of a stretch for him to play Vovchanchyn although they are both Ukrainian. Usyk mostly fought at handicapped weight limits while Vovchanchyn fought mostly at openweight/HW, so kind of shows you the difference between them in terms of fighter spirit.

Of course Usyk's six wins at HW in boxing have shown he is a legitimate HW fighter especially as he has become undisputed HW champion, but he did fight at handicapped weight divisions for most of his career despite being 6'3, while Vovchanchyn fought at openweight/HW for most of his career despite being 5'8.

I think there’s reason to be optimistic about this, regardless of feelings about The Rock (I’m a fan but I know he’s pretty polarizing on here).

A24- strong studio that has far more wins than losses as far as I can tell.

Blunt- usually very good.

Safdie- one half of a legitimately strong directing duo. A guy who isn’t just going to phone in someone else’s vanity project.

Igor was a killer, dude was 5'8 fighting absolute monsters and destroying them. The very fact that he even fought Mark Kerr (6'3 absolute titan) seems insane by modern standards. Usyk is 6'3 so it's a bit of a stretch for him to play Vovchanchyn although they are both Ukrainian. Usyk mostly fought at handicapped weight limits while Vovchanchyn fought mostly at openweight/HW, so kind of shows you the difference between them in terms of fighter spirit.

Of course Usyk's six wins at HW in boxing have shown he is a legitimate HW fighter especially as he has become undisputed HW champion, but he did fight at handicapped weight divisions for most of his career despite being 6'3, while Vovchanchyn fought at openweight/HW for most of his career despite being 5'8.
Omg gimme a fuckin break.

It's a fucking movie.

Trying to undermine Usyk's "fighting spirit" with "handicapped weight divisions"

Are you even on this planet??

Omg gimme a fuckin break.

It's a fucking movie.

Trying to undermine Usyk's "fighting spirit" with "handicapped weight divisions"

Are you even on this planet??
He's 6'3 and Vovchanchyn is 5'8, and he's a decisionator and Vovchanchyn is a knockout machine. I'm just saying they're cut from a different cloth that's all. Of course I am on this planet that goes without saying.

The real question is who's going to play Paul "The Polar Bear" Varelans?

well ask yourself this, if they made a movie about usyk, would you say vovchanchyn would be fit to play him?

The look yeah but he's going to need some acting skills to pull off Coleman, who's supposed to be a major character.
Only for those who know what Coleman sounds and acts like. Otherwise he just has to be a heavily muscled wrestler. If they needed an actor to do a Ben Kinglsey-Ghandi sort of role they would have cast an actor. With it being a vehicle for the Rock it will be more action and less acting.

Usyk getting recognised

god damn that card was shit though

this movie's going to totally blow. first, the rock is in it. two, it's just gonna blow. they're going to get so many things wrong. the real mark kerr movie is the smashing machine. you can't get much better than that.
Lots of rock movies suck its only about the fame and money

Back