Usman is the favorite ?

Because he's the better, bigger, stronger, smarter, fighter.. <LucyBless>

He is bigger and stronger,but certainly not more skilled and certainly not smarter.

Sherdog and the casuals always have a boner for the bigger, stronger fighter. Then they are shocked when the smaller, more skilled fighter comes out on top, like Stipe vs Francis.

Vs Masdival? How?

Usman is on a 15 fight win streak. He hasn't lost since 2013. 11 of those wins are in the UFC. The only fighters with active streaks better than him are Khabib, Jon Jones, and Tony Ferguson just to put that into perspective. The only time Usman has ever lost a round in a fight was against Colby otherwise he usually dominates his opponents from start to finish with little legitimate opposition.

Not to mention has has already cleared out the division. Masvidal and Wonderboy are the only top tier welter weights he has yet to demolish. He has Khabib-level wrestling advantage over his opponents. It is expected that he will take Masivdal to the floor and ground and pound on him for five rounds with little opposition as he has already done to better wrestlers in the division.

He is bigger and stronger,but certainly not more skilled and certainly not smarter.

Sherdog and the casuals always have a boner for the bigger, stronger fighter. Then they are shocked when the smaller, more skilled fighter comes out on top, like Stipe vs Francis.

ufc-217-stephen-thompson-chest-kick-knockdown.gif

IllFineGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

Throws punches that can never reach which leave you overextended and open for easy counters, attempts td's again not in range, again leaving you open for counters and escapes, street thug punches hoping one will clip will not cut it against Kamaru Jorge with his 35-13 journeyman stats. Yeah I'm cool with thinking Usman is the smarter fighter and growing smarter with every fight. Masvidal is a bully a fighter I had Masvidal for this WB fight but it was clear to me thug fighting and hoping to beat bully beat a trained thinking fighter is not in Street Jesus forte, Jorge as one way to win out thug you or bully you or backstage sucker you with his 3 pieces, and he can't do either to Usman...

Last edited:
A takedown should be worth 15 sig strikes
Well I know what i'd rather be on the end of, it'd choose a takedown over getting a crack in the face any day of the week let alone 15 of them.

He should be. Now if Mas did Colby like he did to Ben, I could see your point, but Ben hasn't looked imposing in any of his UFC fights. Till and Nate solid wins, but those aren't fighters near the level of Usman nor on the level of Usman's recent competition. More than likely, Usman wins a decision via top control or some kinda arm triangle (but I wouldn't bet too much on that)...

Vs Masdival? How?

Because he is the champ
Also being able to outwrestle and dominate woodley like he did should make him the favourite against any ww at the moment

This explains it.

Lol at thinking Masvidal is some crazy destructive force. This same guy got 30-27'd vs Maia n Wonderboy like 3 fights ago. It's great what he has done but theres literally 0 reason to believe he's a favorite vs the other top level guys in his division.

After watching the last few months play out, there's 0% of me that thinks he's a favorite vs Usman/Colby/Twood/Leon.

I mean, Wonderboy would still blank him today.

This explains it.

Lol at thinking Masvidal is some crazy destructive force. This same guy got 30-27'd vs Maia n Wonderboy like 3 fights ago. It's great what he has done but theres literally 0 reason to believe he's a favorite vs the other top level guys in his division.

After watching the last few months play out, there's 0% of me that thinks he's a favorite vs Usman/Colby/Twood/Leon.

I mean, Wonderboy would still blank him today.
The maia fight was a split decision loss why you trying to paint an unrealistic picture.

wonderboy got blanked by pettis i think jorge would be the favorite if they fought today

Surprised people are dismissing Masvidal's chances. His destruction of Diaz aside -- he showed a tremendous ability to pick out and exploit his opponents bad tendencies against both Till and Askren.

He zeroed in on Till's tendency to back up in a straight line while against Askren he exploited Ben's tendency to duck his head for a take-down when pressured. He exploited Till's tendency by not sitting on the jab, instead feinting it, then leaping in with a range finding straight right (instead of throwing it for power) and then clipping him with a left hook. Masvidal had to do this because Till had a significant height and range advantage, which meant that he couldn't close the distance fast enough behind a jab - straight - hook (1,2,3) combo. Smart strategy. And the Askren KO, is pretty self explanatory. Dude duck his head for the takedown when pressured? Flying knee.

These weren't just random KO's by a thuggish street-fighter, they were the fruits of hours of scouting, game planning, and drilling by Jorge and his camp. I don't think there's any doubt that Jorge is a different fighter than he was 2-3 years ago. He's really put it all together tactically, not just walking into the cage looking to punch, kick, and stuff takedowns, but actually putting in the work in camp to walk into the cage with ideas. Dudes gone from just being Game bred -- to having a Gameplan.

Now Usman is the bigger, rangier, stronger man, and is tough as nails. And he's obviously the far superior wrestler, but he's only human. He has tendencies, just like Till and Askren. I wouldn't bet the house against Masvidal exploiting them.

For instance, if i was Usman i would be very wary of exchanging with Masvidal at all with my chin hanging out like likes to do. Sure, Usman has gotten away with it. But he's been feasting on wrestlers and grapplers his whole career. Fact is: he hasn't faced a single top flight stand-up fighter. Not a single one.

I'd be wary of him having fallen in love with his striking, thinking he can go to to toe with Jorge. Again, Jorge is a far superior stand up fighter to the guys Usman has fought. Just look at his resume.

Not saying Usman won't wrestlefuck him, it's possible, but Masvidal is an extremely dangerous fight.

7 years on sherdog, you're still an idiot. Is normal.

Masvidal so hot rn

Just give him the odds

Whoo Cares about logic

The maia fight was a split decision loss why you trying to paint an unrealistic picture.

wonderboy got blanked by pettis i think jorge would be the favorite if they fought today

What in Jorge's game is now much different than before? Hes literally the same. Wonderboy would still make him look like an amateur

What in Jorge's game is now much different than before? Hes literally the same. Wonderboy would still make him look like an amateur
Allot is different, jorge was very passive in the wonderboy fight got caught watching allot, recently hes quick to react and pull the trigger.

you completely undermine the fact till beat wonderboy who masvidal kod in his return.

thompson also just got kod by Pettis

Jorge is on a roll but no way should he be favored. Vs nate yes, vs ben probably, vs till ,not likely..against champ...no way. I like jorge and all, hes funny and violent but let's be real here...he was getting beat up by till until the ko...jorge would have definately lost a decision. The ben fight was an awesome ko, but we didnt get to see a fight really so no idea how it would turn out over a longer time. Nate was never good, jorge should beat him every time...nate beats guys thru attrition and taking their gas while his tank is always full..jorge doesnt have bad cardio like Conor. Jorge is faster, has power, and most everything else than cardio on nate, so to me that was an easy fight for him. Nate wasnt going to tire him out to the point he gave up or gave his back..wasnt gonna happen.

Marty is the undisputed champ like him or not, and should be like -300 favorite if not more. Jorge streak isnt against guys like marty, and it likely wont be an easy fight for him at all.

Usman grapplefucked Woodley, a huge WW with a legit wrestling background, who was also arguably the number 2 WW of all time with absolute ease. That's why he's the favorite. Mas has to land something violent early or he's going to get molested.

Just because some idiotic judge somehow gave him the fight doesn't make the Maia fight a split decision.

Watch the fight rather than looking up the result. Use some common sense.

He was soundly beaten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back