Usman is the favorite ?

After watching Covington fight, I sorta don't believe in Usman's chin once he's rocked.

I also watched too many Masvidal fights to know that he's good enough to navigate early clinch exchanges.

The fight is clear 50/50.

Also being able to outwrestle and dominate woodley like he did should make him the favourite against any ww at the moment
Gotta love the Woodley - Masvidal comparisons

One is a stiff wall staller who never showed a functional game against educated pressure and high clinch type of deal (Marq, Rory, Shields, Usman), nor he could do anything underneath (Rory, Usman)

...and the other one is a guy who held his own against the best grapplers of this world and actually shown some skills and not just bruteforcing his way out (i.e. peterson rolls, swimming under armpits, etc.)

He's never lost in the ufc, I swear most of you lot are impressionable simps.

Because unless he stands and trades he has a clear route to victory. Wrestle to a decision or even a finish (most likely by submission).

What's Jorge's route to victory?

One is a stiff wall staller who never showed a functional game against educated pressure and high clinch type of deal (Marq, Rory, Shields, Usman), nor he could do anything underneath (Rory, Usman)

...and the other one is a guy who held his own against the best grapplers of this world and actually shown some skills and not just bruteforcing his way out (i.e. peterson rolls, swimming under armpits,
etc.)
It's not as much a comparison as matchups.

I agree with you though.

Usman is on 14 fight win streak? Here’s a great breakdown of this fight though and how and what Mas needs to do to win.

Vs Masdival? How?
giphy.gif

Dominant wrestlers are pretty much always the favourite when going against a striker, the scoring system heavily favours them.

Getting fucked up? Dive for a leg, hold on and win the round if you can do it for long enough, I've said it for a long time, a take-down should be scored no higher than a jab, and once you get a take-down you should not get any credit at all for control only damage or submission attempts.

Last edited:
Bad move, should have waited for the red panty night. Usman gonna make him look bad. Say bye bye to the money fight

This (worse actually) would happen to Usman if he fought Wonderboy.

Maybe, but Usman is too stupid on his feet to react to Thompson’s shift.
However Usman would 50-45 Masvidal. And Masvidal looked like a bum against Wonderboy.

Fuck. I hoped the casuals would make Masvidal the favourite and I would empty the bank on Usman.

This is flat out rhetorical. It's just a matter of how big a favorite Usman will be. I mean- it wont be enormous but itll be well over 2-1. Marty has evolved ( physically as well) to best welter on UFC roster.....hence champ. If Masvidal wins, itd be an upset- a mild upset but an upset nonetheless.

...and the other one is a guy who held his own against the best grapplers of this world and actually shown some skills and not just bruteforcing his way out (i.e. peterson rolls, swimming under armpits, etc.)

yes but maia was able to get masvidal down,that mean that if usman want to get him down he will,as simple as that
Kamaru is way bigger and a way better wrestler

Who has Jorge ever beaten that is a top 5? Till is overrated, Ben should have never been in the UFC in the first place, and Nate is a gatekeeper. Usman has better wrestling and cardio. It's like GSP vs Nick Diaz.

Till is awesome but he was clearly handicapping himself fighting at Welter. Totally agree about Ben.

Masvidal looked like a bum against Wonderboy.

This is not true at all. The fight was very close in rds1 and 2, with WB obviously controlling the pace and keeping it a low-scoring affair.

Round 3 is when Masvidal (knowing that he needed a KO to win) abandoned the low kick, went for broke and got outpointed badly, skewing everyone’s perception of the fight as a whole.

By the way, Masvidal has only been outstruck three times in his entire UFC, Strikeforce career:

Wonderboy 70-42
Bendo 86-77
Melendez 118-100*

(*though it has to be said that Masvidal broke his hand in the 2nd round vs Melendez)

He was actually outpointing opponents in ALL of his other wins or losses.

Decent striking
Much better wrestling
Probably better cardio.
Good chin
Slower
Much bigger and stronger.
Makes sense to me. I think usman wins but masvidal can also win. Either way it had to happen. Very Ballsy matchmaking

Back