Usman gon stand and bang instead of wall and stall or lay and pray

Nah, Usman is risk averse and has high fight IQ, much like GSP. He stood with Burns because Burns has multiple BJJ gold medals. Burns is most dangerous on the ground, like Maia. Usman is a better striker overall than Burns and has more power, so he did the smart thing by standing. He still got dropped though.

Colby has wrestling that's good enough to stop Usman's, and wasting a bunch of energy on failed td attempts is something neither wanted to do, so it was the classic grappler vs grappler K1 match.

Usman has a giant wrestling/clinch edge vs Masvidal, so he will go to it. He tried to stand the first round of the first fight and IMO lost the round. Masvidal is a much more polished striker. He will stand just to bait Jorge into close quarters where he can grapple him, he's too smart to do something else.
I think he's going to wrestle or threaten takedowns so he can try to crack jorge but pretty good observations.

Usman should wrestle for the first two rounds, then start mixing it up in the 3rd.

I think Usman will implement a grapple heavy plan the first 2-3 rounds and then actually go for the finish. Deep down I think he doesn't just want to go out there and footstomp Masvidal, he wants to hurt him and finish him.

I could see it.

He’s openly talked about being disappointed in his first performance, has confidence from tkoing Burns, and will be heavily booed by a full capacity pro Masvidal crowd if he tries to implement a clinch/grappling heavy gameplan.

I disagree

There was nothing preventing Usman from sticking Burns on the cage and avoiding unnecessary damage Burns caused early on

Also the way Usman pushed for an opening consistently and was pulling on kicks is telling me he enjoys striking aristry more and more
You realize Usman and Burns were teammates right? I'm sure Kamaru had a pretty good idea of what Burns brings to the table when he fought him. He avoided any sort of grappling.

I think he's going to wrestle or threaten takedowns so he can try to crack jorge but pretty good observations.

Yeah, he might land a Khabib vs Conor overhand, or do a Randleman vs CroCop, his striking has improved a lot. But I really doubt the gameplan is centered on that.

Yeah, he might land a Khabib vs Conor overhand, or do a Randleman vs CroCop, his striking has improved a lot. But I really doubt the gameplan is centered on that.
I guess I was saying start out the rounds with takedowns or threats to keep it standing and have jorge back peddling.

I'm of the opinion he fell in love with his stand up after destroying lightning quick Giblert Burn

He just said on presser he thinks his stand up is often overlooked and I'm sure he wants to prove his point

He knows he can utilize his uber reach sticking his hard jab out and also bang with the 2 and finish fools with it once it cracks clean

I think he's gonna stand and bang for the most part (with maybe few hugs) and try outlast Jorge's alternating flurries

Jorge is also coming into with better understanding of Usman's clinch and double blast

It's a cracker fight IMO

<{JustBleed}>

He’s making a big mistake if he thinks he can trade with Masvidal. Gonna end up walking into one of those slick counters Mas throws. Wonderboy and Masvidal are the best strikers in that division.

If usmans a smart man he jabs and goes for takedowns all day. Wall and stall wont work anymore Masvidal will be prepared for that

And miesha Tate fights naked in her next fight.

Usman got y’all drinking the look aid huh? He didn’t bother standing with him on 6 days notice after a full camp lmao he’s not boxing dude let that thought leave your mind.

Masvidals coaches are world class and love saying they are world class. They just love saying world class. World class.

Ok, I was wrong and TS was right. He stood with Mas and he did pull a Randleman <{outtahere}>

Although that's an unfair comparison, Usman is far from a pure wrestler at this point. He's a complete all around fighter with nasty power and a legitimately dangerous striker with a crisp jab and killer straight right.

Crazy shit. He's on the road to GOATness.

Wizard. You should get your yellows removed

Ok, I was wrong and TS was right. He stood with Mas and he did pull a Randleman <{outtahere}>

Although that's an unfair comparison, Usman is far from a pure wrestler at this point. He's a complete all around fighter with nasty power and a legitimately dangerous striker with a crisp jab and killer straight right.

Crazy shit. He's on the road to GOATness.
<JackieThumbsUp>was a cross but same difference

Usman got y’all drinking the look aid huh? He didn’t bother standing with him on 6 days notice after a full camp lmao he’s not boxing dude let that thought leave your mind.
HERE TO OWN UP TO BEING WRONG! I’ll never doubt Usman again!! Good prediction TS!

Back