Usman gon stand and bang instead of wall and stall or lay and pray

Drugstore Cowboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion he fell in love with his stand up after destroying lightning quick Giblert Burn

He just said on presser he thinks his stand up is often overlooked and I'm sure he wants to prove his point

He knows he can utilize his uber reach sticking his hard jab out and also bang with the 2 and finish fools with it once it cracks clean

I think he's gonna stand and bang for the most part (with maybe few hugs) and try outlast Jorge's alternating flurries

Jorge is also coming into with better understanding of Usman's clinch and double blast

It's a cracker fight IMO

<{JustBleed}>

I’d like to believe so, but I just don’t. I think Usman will be doing plenty of cage hugging and lay and praying once Masvidal cracks him decently.

The only reason he stood and banged with Burns is because Burns biggest advantage over him was bjj.

He needs to do the same thing he did last time. And laugh while doing it.

Reactions: Mat
The only reason he stood and banged with Burns is because Burns biggest advantage over him was bjj.
I disagree

There was nothing preventing Usman from sticking Burns on the cage and avoiding unnecessary damage Burns caused early on

Also the way Usman pushed for an opening consistently and was pulling on kicks is telling me he enjoys striking aristry more and more

Jorge needs a good foot rub

Hope he conditioned his metatarsals this camp

Think he is going to try and bang it out at first then he is going to get clipped then back to the foot thingy

Nah, Usman is risk averse and has high fight IQ, much like GSP. He stood with Burns because Burns has multiple BJJ gold medals. Burns is most dangerous on the ground, like Maia. Usman is a better striker overall than Burns and has more power, so he did the smart thing by standing. He still got dropped though.

Colby has wrestling that's good enough to stop Usman's, and wasting a bunch of energy on failed td attempts is something neither wanted to do, so it was the classic grappler vs grappler K1 match.

Usman has a giant wrestling/clinch edge vs Masvidal, so he will go to it. He tried to stand the first round of the first fight and IMO lost the round. Masvidal is a much more polished striker. He will stand just to bait Jorge into close quarters where he can grapple him, he's too smart to do something else.

Nah, Usman is risk averse and has high fight IQ
I got the opposite impression. I think he takes huge risks more often than not and fails strategically but since he is so tough and big he endures through all the bad choices he makes.

I got the opposite impression. I think he takes huge risks more often than not and fails strategically but since he is so tough and big he endures through all the bad choices he makes.

Um... based on what? He was known as someone who did just enough to win comfortably before the Colby fight. It seems to me like he makes good choices and usually goes to all his best weapons. His fights vs Woodley, Meek, Maia, Jorge, were all strategic shut outs. His closer fights like vs Colby are just a product of two guys being very evenly matched and having similar styles.

Last edited:
he'll lay on mas for 3 and land the jab the last 2

I think is most likely than people think but Usman is also smart, the moment he feels Masvidal's heat he will switch to crotch sniffing in a heartbeat

Back