Social US sees surge in measles cases as health experts plead for more vaccinations

- Dude. Those narratives only exist in USA. We dont see anti-vaxers here. Theres no need to China or anybody do nothing.
It's a very strange movment, here if a dont take the vax, theres a gigantic chance that i will die from yellow fever!

I know, I think you said before that the anti-Vax garbage is America-driven and doesn't exist South of Texas - but it might be a naturally occurring phenomena based on the massive amounts of misinformation drip fed to airheads over the years.

I suppose the whole might be organic, to be honest, but it seems unlikely to me!

I know, I think you said before that the anti-Vax garbage is America-driven and doesn't exist South of Texas - but it might be a naturally occurring phenomena based on the massive amounts of misinformation drip fed to airheads over the years.

I suppose the whole might be organic, to be honest, but it seems unlikely to me!

- The vax development increased our life expectancy, since they became obrigatory. I observe, as @Rod1 said, that it's a strange merican phenom. If i as South American, dont take the basic obrigatory vacines, covax isnt obrigatory, i doubt i would be alive today.

But in the americans forums i read, several guys are antivax, even in unhealthy activicties like bodybuilding.

If you see old-movies, theres was already some anti-vax characters.

- The vax development increased our life expectancy, since they became obrigatory. I observe, as @Rod1 said, that it's a strange merican phenom. If i as South American, dont take the basic obrigatory vacines, covax isnt obrigatory, i doubt i would be alive today.

But in the americans forums i read, several guys are antivax, even in unhealthy activicties like bodybuilding.

If you see old-movies, theres was already some anti-vax characters.

I just can't believe that all the CTard theories that crop up are genuinely American.

Don't trust the skies, don't trust medicine, there's a great reset coming, be afraid, don't trust rich people (except the ones you vote for, obv), Western pop artists are Satanists, the elite want to eat you and your babies on pizzas, September 11 was an inside job, any organized group is the Illuminati, school shootings were all fakes, crisis actors are trying to scare you, something about a deep state swamp that somehow cannot actually be defined, Putin is a stellar guy, all elections are frauds, they're stealing your election, all the QAnon bollocks, 15 minute cities, clean air is out to get you, 5G is somehow going to scramble your brain, everything is a microwave, AI's going to turn you woke, they're poisoning your water, they've got bio labs in every country Russia doesn't like, they'll kill you from space, the world is flat, don't trust any science, school your kids at home...

Fucking bonkers, dude.

- Dude. Those narratives only exist in USA. We dont see anti-vaxers here. Theres no need to China or anybody do nothing.
It's a very strange movment, here if a dont take the vax, theres a gigantic chance that i will die from yellow fever!
Yeah, certain vaccines make sense in certain areas, but this should be assessed on a case by case basis.

Unfortunately, in the US we have the lowest overall need for vaccines, due mainly to a lack of malnutrition and environmental factors, yet we have the highest rate of vaccination of any country (if not highest we’re near the top).

My main beef with most vaccinations is the lack of good safety research. This is demonstrable, and even the most ardent vaccine zealot won’t engage in this part of the debate because they know it’s true (it’s very plain to see if you critically examine the issue). So essentially we are giving a shit ton of vaccinations and not actually critically examining their safety individually or cumulatively.

Yeah, certain vaccines make sense in certain areas, but this should be assessed on a case by case basis.

Unfortunately, in the US we have the lowest overall need for vaccines, due mainly to a lack of malnutrition and environmental factors, yet we have the highest rate of vaccination of any country (if not highest we’re near the top).

My main beef with most vaccinations is the lack of good safety research. This is demonstrable, and even the most ardent vaccine zealot won’t engage in this part of the debate because they know it’s true (it’s very plain to see if you critically examine the issue). So essentially we are giving a shit ton of vaccinations and not actually critically examining their safety individually or cumulatively.

America is not a healthy country.

If that's informing your health-based opinions, maybe quickly rethink that one lol

Countries have low need of vaccines because high vaccination rates.

Some diseases cant be eradicated.

I just can't believe that all the CTard theories that crop up are genuinely American.

Don't trust the skies, don't trust medicine, there's a great reset coming, be afraid, don't trust rich people (except the ones you vote for, obv), Western pop artists are Satanists, the elite want to eat you and your babies on pizzas, September 11 was an inside job, any organized group is the Illuminati, school shootings were all fakes, crisis actors are trying to scare you, something about a deep state swamp that somehow cannot actually be defined, Putin is a stellar guy, all elections are frauds, they're stealing your election, all the QAnon bollocks, 15 minute cities, clean air is out to get you, 5G is somehow going to scramble your brain, everything is a microwave, AI's going to turn you woke, they're poisoning your water, they've got bio labs in every country Russia doesn't like, they'll kill you from space, the world is flat, don't trust any science, school your kids at home...

Fucking bonkers, dude.

- They got 300 mi people, some of those got nuts! Some arm themselves in the hope they get to fight the armed forces, they suposedly respect also. In mny outsiude view, this has been harvested by internal forces, thats why the contry is so divided.

Countries have low need of vaccines because high vaccination rates.

Some diseases cant be eradicated.
Almost no disease can be eradicated… it’s about cost/benefit for the individual, and places that have access to basic nutrition, healthcare, and other resources generally have less need for vaccination.

For example, in the US, prior to the measles vax measles was associated with a few hundred deaths a year (in a population of 150+ million) whereas poor countries have exponentially higher mortality rates. There are definite risk factors with measles and typically malnourished and immunocompromised individuals are at risk; even in these folks vit A has shown to reduce illness severity substantially.

Wholesale vaccination in the US is associated with hundreds of chronic epilepsy cases a year- and this is an unnecessary risk for kids in a country where they are overwhelming likely to recover from measles (actually, the VAST MAJORITY won’t even know they caught measles in the first place).

Fucking bonkers, dude.
Luckily, when it comes to vaccines the data is readily available for all to see, and it paints a very concerning picture due to known adverse events (eg seizures and epilepsy) and even more worrisome unknown risks due to the fact that vaccine safety research is woefully inadequate.

Luckily, when it comes to vaccines the data is readily available for all to see, and it paints a very concerning picture due to known adverse events (eg seizures and epilepsy) and even more worrisome unknown risks due to the fact that vaccine safety research is woefully inadequate.

Fake narrative.

Vaccines are among the greatest public health achievements of modern times. They have saved and continue to save millions of lives throughout the world. Their success is such that in high income settings most patients, parents and health care providers do not have first-hand experience of the devastating consequences of many of the diseases that they prevent. Over the past few decades vaccine hesitancy has emerged as a major public health problem leading to outbreaks of communicable infections such as measles. The reasons for vaccine refusal are complex and differ according to geographical and cultural context. However, concern about vaccine safety continues to be an important driver of decreased vaccine uptake in most contexts (Larson et al., 2014). This concern is fueled by misinformation and propagated through organized antivaccine groups, social media and celebrity endorsements. Despite a wealth of scientific data supporting the safety of currently recommended vaccines, counteracting false information to convince vaccine hesitant populations continues to be challenging.

Re the bold text, in the absence of supporting data for your claim, I assert it's pretty far from accurate.

Lmao the US is going to be begging FOR measles if they don't figure out how to stop the unvetted illegal immigration asap.

It’s weird that we are getting dumber as access to information gets easier.

It’s like the weird correlation between more gyms being open and a fatter society. You would think we would be healthier now but we are getting fatter/unhealthier with access to more facilities to help us manage these things.

Anti vax is increasing with more information being available to all

Maybe humans survive better with less individual choices

Yeah this is anti vax bulllshit.

Yeah you’re a moron, And the idiot in the room

Yeah this is anti vax bulllshit.

Yeah you’re a moron, And the idiot in the room
Studies have shown a small increased risk for febrile seizures during the 5 to 12 days after a child has received their first vaccination with the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine. The risk is slightly higher with the measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) combination vaccine, but the risk is still small.

The design and reporting of safety outcomes in MMR vaccine studies, both pre‐ and post‐marketing, are largely inadequate. The evidence of adverse events following immunisation with the MMR vaccine cannot be separated from its role in preventing the target diseases.

Fucking bonkers, dude.

These people should not be part of an advanced society.

We were safer before vaccines. Natural immunity 4 eva.

My mother was the only person in her family who didnt get the diphtheria vaccine as a child ( shes 82 now so going back a few years when it was a real problem)
She spent 6 months in hospital ( with diphtheria) and had to learn to walk again.

or are you taking the piss?

Last edited:
Fake narrative.

Vaccines are among the greatest public health achievements of modern times. They have saved and continue to save millions of lives throughout the world. Their success is such that in high income settings most patients, parents and health care providers do not have first-hand experience of the devastating consequences of many of the diseases that they prevent. Over the past few decades vaccine hesitancy has emerged as a major public health problem leading to outbreaks of communicable infections such as measles. The reasons for vaccine refusal are complex and differ according to geographical and cultural context. However, concern about vaccine safety continues to be an important driver of decreased vaccine uptake in most contexts (Larson et al., 2014). This concern is fueled by misinformation and propagated through organized antivaccine groups, social media and celebrity endorsements. Despite a wealth of scientific data supporting the safety of currently recommended vaccines, counteracting false information to convince vaccine hesitant populations continues to be challenging.
Studies have shown a small increased risk for febrile seizures during the 5 to 12 days after a child has received their first vaccination with the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine. The risk is slightly higher with the measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) combination vaccine, but the risk is still small.

Seizures and Vaccines | Vaccine Safety | CDC

Is there a risk of seizures in young children after vaccination? Some vaccines have a small risk of seizures caused by fever. If they occur, febrile seizures usually resolve quickly and do not cause permanent harm.
www.cdc.gov
www.cdc.gov

The design and reporting of safety outcomes in MMR vaccine studies, both pre‐ and post‐marketing, are largely inadequate. The evidence of adverse events following immunisation with the MMR vaccine cannot be separated from its role in preventing the target diseases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6458016/

Seizures and Vaccines | Vaccine Safety | CDC

Is there a risk of seizures in young children after vaccination? Some vaccines have a small risk of seizures caused by fever. If they occur, febrile seizures usually resolve quickly and do not cause permanent harm.
www.cdc.gov
www.cdc.gov

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6458016/

I don't know what you're saying here.

You're pointing out how low-level and infrequent the risks are, or you're pointing out that there is a risk of some sort and that alone makes them unsafe?

Back