Economy US manufacturing survey shows worst reading in a decade

Bizarre and Gross!

Eww.png

A 54-year-old Texas man was arrested in Chandler after shooting a shotgun into the air in an Intel Corporation parking lot.

The man pulled into Intel's Chandler Ocotillo Fab 32 campus northwest parking lot at 4500 S. Dobson Road after around 3:45 a.m. September 5th, according to the Chandler Police Department.

After exiting his vehicle, Bradley pulled out a pistol grip shotgun, pointed the loaded gun at one employee, possibly two, and fired a round in the air, police said.

He is not an Intel employee and could not tell officers why he was in the Intel parking lot. He also would not say why he shot his gun. The suspect "displayed signs of either mental health issues or drug use due to nonsense statements made and not realizing he was in another state," according to the police.

Yeah, a solar array covered parking lot.

Solar.png

Here comes more tariffs from Tariff Man.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49906815

Airbus does. However, the rivalry between them at the level of perpetual WTO disputes is laughable and so fucking stupid. They act like they aren't literally the only commercial aircraft manufacturers in the world of any international significance or market share whatsoever. The globe just isn't big enough for the two of them! They both have a backlog of aircraft orders numbering in the thousands FFS (5,800 for Boeing).

If you look at the graph on that page it looks like normal volatility.
You TDSers just can't see straight if your life depended on it.

20191001%20Manufacturing%20PMI%20decline%20jws.1569942352092.png

If you look at new export orders, the data suggests that the PMI index has further to fall

saupload_Manufacturing-recession-trump-or-fed-1.png

If you look at new export orders, the data suggests that the PMI index has further to fall

saupload_Manufacturing-recession-trump-or-fed-1.png
Good point. I hope you're wrong but maybe you're right.

The ISM does tend to exaggerate a bit (both highs and lows) when measured against the Federal Reserve's manufacturing output data, but that would be a pretty severe recession for the sector if the drop continues and there'd almost certainly be tangible spillover into services.

I only give a fuck about America, period. This tariff business is completely needless for the many reasons already given. In any case, the future of US manufacturing over the long term is as bright as the Scottsdale sunshine. This is going to be the real crisis.

GF1.png

GF2.png
Offtopic, but, Chaparral?

Offtopic, but, Chaparral?

That's a great area and neighborhood. I live in Chandler around all the semiconductor corps lol, Scottsdale is for leisure and high quality restaurants. One of my cousins just moved down a couple months ago and lives off Hayden Rd though; he's got a personal chef gig for some wealthy family in Paradise Valley.

I just read an article on the trade war last week that had an interesting take on the situation. Essentially, China won't back down because it does not see itself having favorable trade balance despite $360 billion trade surplus in export. Much of that export, according to Beijing, benefited US as China absorbed the cost of manufacturing and environmental damages on behalf of American corporations. Beijing also looks at services US firms provide in China and they conclude that China is running a large deficit there. They also think that because of the much higher profit margin service has in comparison to manufactured goods, both sides are just about even.

Shit now I can't find the source.

If it was close to even they would not have boomed for 25 years straight.

Not saying there is zero truth, but Chinese have zero shame in promoting their own narrow interests, even with lies or exaggerations.

I heard Albert Einstein wasn't a fan.
He just made some generalizations that lean towards being true on the surface, but I don't think he was deep enough ingrained with a Chinese family to state with such certainty what he stated. Of course, as usual, he wasn't completely wrong.

Oh, and producing all the things people buy on Amazon is not "antiquated" industry. It's wealth building industry until people stop buying things for God sake.

Wait a minute. Trump told me manufacturing was coming back “bigly”

I believed him.

Well at least he has come through on making Mexico pay for the wall and great big healthcare.

Worst?

Manufacturing is a horrible no-future job, and manufacturing plants pollute and hog energy. If more manufacturing is moving overseas I say that's GREAT!

The faster something rises the faster it will fall. What’s even worse is if the fast rise is due to something artificial then once those effects are no longer helping the whiplash is pretty hard since the system wasn’t nearly as strong yet everyone buys in like it should be.

Back