International US House says Christian Armenian mass killing was genocide

Not sure if you've looked around, but most people don't seem to know much of anything from history other than the holocaust, which is why there is a Godwin's law and no such law for any of the other genocidal maniacs throughout history. I have my suspicions about why they avoid mentioning any of the genocidal communists with far more impressive death counts.

That Nazi regime was annihilated and the remaining prisoners liberated by the Allies. Many high ranking Nazi officers were captured along with documents and evidence. There is almost no way to deny the Holocaust due to the amount of video, picture, oral, and paper evidence that was captured. Unlike the Nazis, Turkey still exists. We have to trade with them and have treaties and work with them on Middle East issues. If they admit to genocide, that will open them up to lawsuits or reparations or whatever the hell the Armenians want. They won't do this and not enough US politicians have the balls to call them out on it due to the problems we'd face from Turkey.

we criticize Germany quite a bit for various things. But they have gone to the maximum in acknowledging the terrible actions of 80 years ago.

Turkey is the opposite. One of the scum nations on earth. Their leader deserves a terrible death.
I've seen a couple of times Jews/Israeli people on Russian TV criticizing Germany and genocide related stuff. Like - Jewish people (or maybe I'm wrong and it's Jewish with connections to Germany or with ancestors - victims of holocaust) have a right to apply for a German citizenship, why Gypsies who was genocided too doesn't have that right? And stuff like that and talks if I'm not wrong about compensations for ethnic Russians/Slavs, who Nazis genocided too and wasn't it a big secret that Nazis planned to exterminate Slavs while Germanizing those who may pass as Nordic/Aryan and leaving some % of population alive as a slaves?

That Nazi regime was annihilated and the remaining prisoners liberated by the Allies. Many high ranking Nazi officers were captured along with documents and evidence. There is almost no way to deny the Holocaust due to the amount of video, picture, oral, and paper evidence that was captured. Unlike the Nazis, Turkey still exists. We have to trade with them and have treaties and work with them on Middle East issues. If they admit to genocide, that will open them up to lawsuits or reparations or whatever the hell the Armenians want. They won't do this and not enough US politicians have the balls to call them out on it due to the problems we'd face from Turkey.
But the Armenian genocide was carried out by the Ottoman Empire under the Young Turks and since then then the dynasty has been abolished and the country became the Republic of Turkey. Just like the Nazi party was expunged so too were the Young Turks removed from power.

No fucking shit it was. Turkey needs to sit the fuck down

How did this happen in the Democrat controlled House of Representatives when Sherfront tells me every day the the defining characteristic of a liberal is to hate all Christians and love all Muslims?
That little essay really drained you of all your brainpower, didn’t it? I’m guessing you’ll need a few weeks rest now

That little essay really drained you of all your brainpower, didn’t it? I’m guessing you’ll need a few weeks rest now
Lol.

images

The Turks killed a lot more than just Armenians from 1890s to the 1920s, although Armenians were the focus of their jihad-driven violence. In 1890, Greeks, Assyrians, and Armenians comprised 20% of Turkey's population. By 1924 they comprised 2%. Not all were killed mind you, although several million were. Others simply fled the successive campaigns of mass rape and brutality. Systematic ethnic and religious cleansing characterized the late Ottoman period and early republican period.

That's history though. If you want to know about any of that, reading a book will get you much further than paying attention to Congress. (I recommend the Thirty Year Genocide). These votes are just about politics.

There's been decades of politicians on both sides who have ignored this atrocity.

Its irrelevant there were Republicans who voted against a bill to stop North Korean nuclear ambitions back in 2013 simply because they wanted to obstruct Obama and use it in their political campaigns.

Then the same people criticized Obama for not doing enough to stop Kim, politicians will give their base what they want and if their base want partisanship, they will be partisan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea_Sanctions_Enforcement_Act_of_2013

When are they going to recognize the Assyrian genocide and Greek genocide?

C53C0F78-420D-4B6A-A8C1-D0E4F6629870_w1023_r1_s.jpg
Hunchakian_gallows.jpg

Ilhan Omar, known for her brotherly love voted present and stated:

It's about time this genocide is being acknowledged more, so far only 32 states have officially recognized the historical events as genocide.

Omar is such a fucking dirtbag and I don’t buy her rationalization for a second.

1.6810409.797524954.jpg

The "Sultan of Turkey" is not happy with this development:

Obama had 8 years to full-fill his promise to recognize the Armenian genocide but in the end, it was merely an empty promise. Hopefully Trump will recognize it.
You gotta be kidding me...he has a hotel there.

Back