International US House says Christian Armenian mass killing was genocide

Eh, that's a weak sauce justification. Acknowledging this atrocity is not mutually exclusive to acknowledging others. Its true there's some identity politics at play since the regime responsible is in the Western imagination a paradigm of Oriental despotism and whose successor state in the current day has tense relations with us. But that shouldn't stop one from speaking the truth.

She didn't vote 'nay', she didn't even have to show up to vote.
I would have prefered a simply up vote, but at least there was some principle behind her present vote.

It’s cool, all the Armenians aren’t the least bit pissed about the blatant Genocidal oversight by recorded history. Don’t believe me just ask one.
not sure if serious

I'm married to an Armenian (well, getting married next summer), and it's still very much a thing in their community. They're sharing the news on social media left and right .

She didn't vote 'nay', she didn't even have to show up to vote.
I would have prefered a simply up vote, but at least there was some principle behind her present vote.
Idk man, could just as easily be the other side of the coin of identity politics. Some of these Congressmen might be voting in favor of the resolution at least in part because its a Muslim state that is responsible while I think she might've not voted for the resolution for that same reason. Or maybe I am just being too jaded.

But she voted "present" with the caveat that hey, there was another genocide we should be acknowledging, lets not be hypocrites.

The first stop to recognizing historical genocides is to not recognize a historical genocide?

tenor.gif

But she voted "present" with the caveat that hey, there was another genocide we should be acknowledging, lets not be hypocrites.
When has that genocide not been acknowledged? Time and place young one.

The Republicans voting nay and not giving a reason seem like terrible people.

The first stop to recognizing historical genocides is to not recognize a historical genocide?

tenor.gif
Some people did a whole bunch of something to some other people.

not sure if serious

I'm married to an Armenian (well, getting married next summer), and it's still very much a thing in their community. They're sharing the news on social media left and right .

yeah bro it was Genocide their super not cool with. Congrats

yeah bro it was Genocide their super not cool with. Congrats
ah ok, yeah it's a sensitive topic with them. The spontaneous meeting between an Armenian and a Turk is super awkward.

and thanks!

They should be ashamed of themselves. I'd love to hear their explanation.

If i was to guess, they will use the whole "we never compromised with democrats on anything" in their political campaigns.

tenor.gif

She didnt voted nay, she literally says that she would like for other genocides to be included in such a bill.

How did this happen in the Democrat controlled House of Representatives when Sherfront tells me every day the the defining characteristic of a liberal is to hate all Christians and love all Muslims?

If i was to guess, they will use the whole "we never compromised with democrats on anything" in their political campaigns.

There's been decades of politicians on both sides who have ignored this atrocity.

Good. It's about time. It's shocking how so few people even know about this today, in comparison to, say, the Holocaust. This was a terrible event and it's shameful for any country not to acknowledge that it was indeed a genocide.
Not sure if you've looked around, but most people don't seem to know much of anything from history other than the holocaust, which is why there is a Godwin's law and no such law for any of the other genocidal maniacs throughout history. I have my suspicions about why they avoid mentioning any of the genocidal communists with far more impressive death counts.

Last edited:
The problem with these type of resolutions is very hypothetical n politicized

It’s basically a tool used to go after a country you might have a disagreement with n it’s a form of punishment or condamnation for their current policy.

western countries are good at pointing finger at other nations n lecture them about their past, but maybe they should look in the mirror 1st n come to terms with their before passing judgment

Gonna give System of a Down's "Holy Mountains" a celebratory listen.

Coincidental timing, eh?

Back