• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Ursula Haverbeck, 95, sentenced to 16 months Imprisonment for Holocaust Denial in Germany

What is the purpose of throwing someone in prison for not believing something? It obviously has nothing to do with public safety, and I don't think "fuck them" is a valid reason to throw people in prison who pose no danger to anybody for disputing historical records. If it turns into "action", then the action would be illegal, not the belief.

What is the purpose of throwing someone in prison for not believing something? It obviously has nothing to do with public safety, and I don't think "fuck them" is a valid reason to throw people in prison who pose no danger to anybody for disputing historical records. If it turns into "action", then the action would be illegal, not the belief.

I think there's some twisted logic here that punishing the speech will help in preventing any future illegal action.

If this women does her sentence and comes out of prison alive, that is proof there is no god.

I think there's some twisted logic here that punishing the speech will help in preventing any future illegal action.
Yeah, that's the logic, but the future illegal action is what would be illegal.

I mean if there was any argument for prosecuting thought crime on the topic, it would be for people who DO believe it and advocate for it, not that they just don't believe what they tell you.

As others have said, fuck this old hag and may she, hopefully, die soon.

But I don't know if I agree with treating holocaust deniers that way.. but, then again, it's Germany... so that may change things somewhat.

Still, I'm in camp fuck this bitch but no prison.

895d605a-decd-4f8c-bf21-e1753d7aba83_0928133a.jpg

A notorious German pensioner known as the 'Nazi grandma', who has been jailed several times for denying the Holocaust was sentenced to another 16 months at her latest trial on Wednesday.

A Hamburg court convicted Ursula Haverbeck, 95, of denying the Nazi genocide on several occasions, including in 2015 during the trial of a former Nazi camp guard.

In their sentencing, the judges took into account her previous convictions and the fact she had 'also used the proceedings to further disseminate her views', a court spokeswoman said.

230829-1630-432548156.jpg

Haverbeck was once head of a far-right training centre shut down in 2008 for spreading Nazi propaganda.

She has previously been sentenced on several occasions to jail for denying the Nazi genocide, once declaring on television that 'the Holocaust is the biggest and most sustained lie in history'.

Haverbeck was sentenced this time after losing an appeal over a conviction for comments allegedly made in 2015 during the trial of former Auschwitz guard Oskar Groening,

merlin_94525337_b841c394-153d-4a95-99c2-56259c6347f3-superJumbo.jpg

who was convicted of being an accessory to murder.

It was not clear whether she will actually go to jail.

Countries where Holocaust Denial is unlawful:

1920px-Holocaust_Denial_Laws_2022.svg.png
Atleast Scandinavia does something right

The Nazi regime was devastating to Germany's place in history. That's why they're the most strict about it. Self policing and zero tolerance.

Locking up senior citizens is absurd logic. Settle down over there.
One, she's most likely not going to jail. Two, being old does not blanket exempt someone from criminal sanction, even if it is often a reason for leniency.

Since when is "locking up old people for clear violations of criminal statues" the same as genocide?

Don't treat these people like criminals; treat them like they're nuts, which they are. Send her to a psychiatric facility until she gets better or dies.

Back