• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Ursula Haverbeck, 95, sentenced to 16 months Imprisonment for Holocaust Denial in Germany

Do you see the difference between those statements or are you legitimately retarded?
You're the one arguing the current German government is a Nazi regime. So do tell, in whats ways is the current government of Germany comparable to the Nazis.

You're the one arguing the current German government is a Nazi regime. So do tell, in whats ways is the current government of Germany comparable to the Nazis.
For thought policing. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to legitimize stupid crimes because "nuance".

For thought policing. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to legitimize stupid crimes because "nuance".
Most countries have "thought policing" to varying degrees, and they are clearly not governed by Nazis. Germany's anti Nazi laws go back a long way, and if I recall, are quite popular domestically. I don't support curbs on free speech, but most countries also prefer a more limited concept of speech than you or I.

Quit being dramatic and learn to engage with substance without just whining about Nazi this and Nazi that.

Most countries have "thought policing" to varying degrees, and they are clearly not governed by Nazis. Germany's anti Nazi laws go back a long way, and if I recall, are quite popular domestically. I don't support curbs on free speech, but most countries also prefer a more limited concept of speech than you or I.
"Other countries do it so it's not absurd. Also, I want to repeat the previous point, but I'll write it differently so it appears fresh."

Quit being dramatic and learn to engage with substance without just whining about Nazi this and Nazi that
Wake me up when there's something substantive to grapple with.

Fun fact, in Austria and Germany you are way better off if you beat a guy half dead and break his nose, teeth and maybe even make him blind on one eye than if you write some Nazi supporting text (without ever having any legal issues whatsoever) on Facebook.

"Other countries do it so it's not absurd. Also, I want to repeat the previous point, but I'll write it differently so it appears fresh."
Germany preferring these kind of laws and other countries preferring these kind of laws are two separate points. Unless you think Germany=rest of the world.

Free housing, free medical, free food for 16 months, in Germany, in 2024, on a pensioner's budget?

She might be doing it on purpose.

Like I always say. Try to imagine your law being used against you, or in the worst case scenario in opposition to your own morals.

This kind of thing is a little scary. I see the responses saying "Germany's laws on speech are not like the USA's." I understand that, but I don't think that's a good thing, especially with something like this.

Back