Urijah Faber vs. Alex Caceres verbally agreed to at UFC 175

I think Faber is gonna be too much for Alex. Caceres needed a step up but I think urijah wins. Although wouldn't be surprised to see Caceres make this a tough, close fight.

Wtf??? Is dana punishing Faber??

WHo else is there? If you look at the rankings every fighter has either lost to Faber, is booked or hurt except for Alex.

he is the top ranked guy.

Fight isnt interesting but this is what you get with Faber at this point as long as he stays at 135. He needs to move up to FW for fresh fights.

Faber chokes him out.

WWE-John-Cena-face-getting-smaller-13905181350.gif

Wow this is a total mismatch. Huge step down for Faber and a huge step up in comp for Caceres. Props to him for asking for this fight but I don't see how he can win this. I was hoping he'd get a lower top 10 opponent next, his fight with diet Pettis was awesome (especially seeing it live) but it showed he still needs to improve to crack the top 10.

Caceres is a good fighter, but Faber destroys everyone but Barao at FW.

The fuck? I mean why. Alex is a young prospect with personality in a division lacking dudes on a good little streak. Why feed him to Faber? I get Urijah needs a fight but shit man, feed him Roop or some shit.

I don't get it, but its a fun fight probably serves as opener and should be fun for as long as it lasts.

Weidman/Machida
Rouse/Davis
Silva/Sonnen
Meathead/Strive
Faber/Alex

Damn son that's insane.

I don't see why Faber was interested in this, but it should be a reality check for Leeroy, he still has plenty of time to improve at age 25 anyway even if he gets murked.

Faber probably got this but nevetheless GO BRUCE LEEROY!

I'm refusing to get excited for 175, as it stands it'll be the best card in years, but I just know that won't happen. Lombard claiming he will be on the card too, but can't see all this happening.

If I ever become pro im going to start saying its an honor to fight top 5 in the division or I could talk shit like some others to get noticed and get a possible contenders bout. Either way would get me close to a ts instead of working my up.

I don't understand this fight. My two favorite BW fighters though, that's cool.

Alex could keep it closer than some expect on the feet, but I don't see it taking place on the feet much. Faber should be able to take Alex down at will, don't think he'd be able to stuff him once.

As much as Alex's grappling (especially his bottom game) has come along over his past few fights, I think Faber just swarms him, takes him down and latches onto a choke first round.

Kudos to Alex for presumably asking for the fight and Faber for taking it though.

From Sergio Pettis to Faber, thats a big fucking leap.
I imagine Faber somewhere around the -750 range.

Caceres was never gona sniff a UFC title anyway, but this makes it blatantly clear that they want him out of the way. I don't see McDoucher getting signed to fight one of the top guys, and he's been asking for em. They know he's not ready, just like Caceres, but are taking 2 completely different routes here.

Back