Urijah Faber vs. Alex Caceres verbally agreed to at UFC 175

Caceres was never gona sniff a UFC title anyway, but this makes it blatantly clear that they want him out of the way. I don't see McDoucher getting signed to fight one of the top guys, and he's been asking for em. They know he's not ready, just like Caceres, but are taking 2 completely different routes here.

There is a reason. BW and FW are in different scenarios right now. BW is much like FLW right now. Caceres to Faber is what Elliott was to Benavidez.

Caceres has the advantage in fight entrances though.
[YT]CdD9jMWLDjo&hd=1[/YT]

pretty cool moves at 1:15

Damn it I wanted Alex to be Cruz's come back fight, I thought he was the perfect level for him.

On the up side Alex is young, sure he will probably get beaten by Faber but it will be an incredible learning experience for him. I honestly think the kid could go places, and if has any significant holes in his game Faber will kindly point them out for him.

Alex needed a step up, and if he loses this he shalln't fall to far, Faber is p4p top 15, losing to him aint a huge deal.

All that said if he wins........????..........

What the fuck? Such a weird fight. I guess it's cause they don't want Faber to fight top-10 guys because he'll beat most of them but no one wants to see him against Barao AGAIN.

Odds are going to be around -1000 to -750 for Urijah IMO.

Best matchmaking ever...

Faber via anyway he wants it.

Is it possible that Dana wants to flush out the people he doesnt find fit by using tried and tested warriors... Lets face it... if Bruce Leroy pulled off the defeat of his life...that would raise his stock x10.

Too bad for Alex. He really doesn't stand much of a chance against Faber. Faber may never get UFC gold but he's got the skills to always be a legit contender. Alex is improving but Faber is too much.

Faber via not being a title fight.

Seemingly easy win for Faber, but a chance for Caceres to pull off a real upset.

CriminalPresentClumber.gif

Could BW handle 2 huge divisional shakeups in such a short time?

Surprised so many people are angry with this match up. Faber needs to fight someone. Most of the bantamweight division is hurt, a rematch, or tied up in a fight. They went with the next available guy. A young fighter on a 5 fight winning streak (argument for 7) who earned a step up in competition. Even if he loses, it is a learning experience. If/when he loses, he goes back down to try and climb up the top ten.

Every fighter will go on Sherdog now to influence the matchmaking. :icon_lol:

Back