Urijah Faber Accused of Line Jumping for Fifth Titleshot

Is Faber trying to jump the line?

• Total voters
I don't know if catering is the right word. The man can fight and he just obliterated a young stud he was supposed to lose to. His loses to Cruz... eh.... Hard to fight a guy who runs that much.

I mean, Cody fought and beat that guy so its not like Dom is invincible or something. Faber just isn't good enough to beat Cruz nor is he good enough to beat the top tier guys in that division.

I understand WHY he would get a TS though, he's immensely more popular than guys like Aljo, but the guys at the top of that division would all be favorites vs Urijah.

They'll give it to him too. He's the Edgar of bantamweight (in terms of constant gifted title shots.

hey can you do me a favor and outside of this title fight vs Max, please provide me a fight in which Frankie was GIFTED a title shot.

He has 4 title shots, vs BJ, vs Bendo (Rematch), vs Aldo 1, vs Aldo 2. Please tell me which one he was gifted a title fight in.

They'll give it to him too. He's the Edgar of bantamweight (in terms of constant gifted title shots.
Frankie's only had 1 title shot gifted to him and that's his upcoming fight.

Frankie's only had 1 title shot gifted to him and that's his upcoming fight.

this, people spew that shit about Frankie not realizing he's literally never had an unwarranted shot. People think because he's had more than 1 or 2 that he's been gifted a bunch, but people fail to recognize A) it's over 2 weight classes B) He's been top 3-5 in his weight division for the past 10 years, when you beat all the contenders, you get to fight for the belt. That's how it works.

Morales KO win against him is still very clear in most people's minds.. nobody wants to see that kid get a title shot.

If Cejudo"s out for a year, holding up 2 belts and he comes back to fight Faber it'll be a goddamn outrage.

Faber is the Buffalo Bills of MMA. No one believes he can win and no one wants to see him in a title fight but he still wins the AFC conference championship and then gets butchered in the Title match.

this, people spew that shit about Frankie not realizing he's literally never had an unwarranted shot.
"He has literally never had an unwarranted title shot" you say, immediately after saying "name me one (apart from the Max fight)".

<seedat>

this, people spew that shit about Frankie not realizing he's literally never had an unwarranted shot. People think because he's had more than 1 or 2 that he's been gifted a bunch, but people fail to recognize A) it's over 2 weight classes B) He's been top 3-5 in his weight division for the past 10 years, when you beat all the contenders, you get to fight for the belt. That's how it works.
@Bogeyman's an idiot who doesn't think before he posts, he just spews the same bullshit others think in dumb attempts to sound cool. It's one thing to say "Frankie has had so many title shots I don't want to watch it." But Frankie has earned nearly every single shot he has received or stepped in as replacement. Having said all that I hope he can beat Max but that's a tall order.

"He has literally never had an unwarranted title shot" you say, immediately after saying "name me one (apart from the Max fight)".

<seedat>

well, considering the fight hasn't happened, he hasn't been granted that shot.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

answer the question though dimwit, outside of the Max fight, which one was unwarranted?

People always complain about people like Frankie and Holly getting undeserved title shots, but neither of them even come close to Faber. He's lost his last SEVEN title fights, I'm fairly sure that's the record for most ufc/wec/strikeforce championship losses. He's not GSP coming back after leaving on top, Urijah hasn't won a championship fight since 2008.

Hell Yeah, Urijah is trying to jump the line can't blame the vet he and Cejudo match up in stature and skill, but the old man needz at 2 more impressive shows before I entertain that talk...

Why wouldn't he? People are mistaken if they think this isn't an entertainment industry.

It used to be done the right way. Fighters had to fight their way up the rankings, but these days, it's only about money. Rankings dont mean anything, it's become a complete circus.

Fucking disgusting.

Henry has been yapping at Faber for a long time...….

Now Faber wins a comeback fight impressively and is handed a Microphone...

Well of course Faber is going to say what he said and mention Cejudo…. Only a moron would miss that layup.

So no way is Faber going to jump that far up …. But he is smart and sneaky enough to possibly get himself on the same card as the next 135 title fight...….. Maybe somebody misses weight or gets hurt in the last couple of weeks...….. Boom !

It used to be done the right way. Fighters had to fight their way up the rankings, but these days, it's only about money. Rankings dont mean anything, it's become a complete circus.

Fucking disgusting.
I agree with you on that it's become a complete circus andwhats more sad is reading these clowns that accept and promote it instead of wanting a true sport.

Urijah shouldn't get a title shot, but lol at Sterling thinking he calls any shots or that anyone outside of a small percentage of hardcores knows who he is or cares about him. For what it's worth, I think Faber matches up better with Cejudo than he did Cruz or peak Barao, unlikely that he'd win but I think he's got a better shot than most people think.

Frankie bores me to tears. Faber does not. Faber clearly watched the films and was ready for Simon. The counter right that won the fight was the second bomb he threw. The first one glanced off Simon's head about 20 seconds earlier. Barely missed. Faber was in great shape too and still has one of the best chins in the business, no pun intended. I want to see him fight Cejudo. If Henry wants to grapple then he's risking a submission. Most wins against Faber were strikers. Maybe all. If they box, Faber might land that counter right. You never know.

Aljamain Sterling Puts Faber in His Place (at the Back of the Line)

#2 Sterling (115K) Blocks #14 Faber (1M)

“I didn’t think he’d be that irrational to think that after coming out of retirement after such a long layoff and losing to a guy [Jimmie Rivera] that two guys ahead of him beat.

“I just didn’t think that made a ton of sense. I understand he’s a legend and all that, he just has a huge following and what not, but let’s be real here. The guy’s had four title shots, and right now I don’t think he’s deserving of a fifth.”

“If it was a GSP and coming off of a big win, coming off of retiring from the belt like GSP has done in the past, and coming back and just wanting to fight for the belt immediately, it makes sense.

“But Urijah’s not that guy. So, it does not make any sense whatsoever. I think he’s a huge draw in Sacramento, I don’t know if everyone is… the thing about MMA fans is [they ask]: 'What have you done for me lately?'

“So, for him to be away for so long, come back with such a big win – don’t get me wrong, it was a great performance on his part in terms of the finish – I just think there’s a hierarchy now.

“He left the queue, and now he re-entered the queue. So, if he wants to come back and challenge for a world title, more power to him, but he’s gonna have to do it on my terms and wait for the sh1t.”

“At the end of the day, I’m not really worried,” Sterling said. “I’ve got all the confidence in the world that things are gonna go accordingly and according to plan, and I’ll be getting that long-awaited title shot.”

-MMAFighting.com
of course he's trying to jump the line. everyone is. doesn't mean it's gonna happen. like every weekend, everyone gets excited about the main event winner for a couple of days and discuss their path to a title shot. it's the nature of mma media, that's how they get readers

Back