Urijah Faber Accused of Line Jumping for Fifth Titleshot

Is Faber trying to jump the line?

• Total voters
Aljamain Sterling Puts Faber in His Place (at the Back of the Line)

#2 Sterling (115K) Blocks #14 Faber (1M)

“I didn’t think he’d be that irrational to think that after coming out of retirement after such a long layoff and losing to a guy [Jimmie Rivera] that two guys ahead of him beat.

“I just didn’t think that made a ton of sense. I understand he’s a legend and all that, he just has a huge following and what not, but let’s be real here. The guy’s had four title shots, and right now I don’t think he’s deserving of a fifth.”

“If it was a GSP and coming off of a big win, coming off of retiring from the belt like GSP has done in the past, and coming back and just wanting to fight for the belt immediately, it makes sense.

“But Urijah’s not that guy. So, it does not make any sense whatsoever. I think he’s a huge draw in Sacramento, I don’t know if everyone is… the thing about MMA fans is [they ask]: 'What have you done for me lately?'

“So, for him to be away for so long, come back with such a big win – don’t get me wrong, it was a great performance on his part in terms of the finish – I just think there’s a hierarchy now.

“He left the queue, and now he re-entered the queue. So, if he wants to come back and challenge for a world title, more power to him, but he’s gonna have to do it on my terms and wait for the sh1t.”

“At the end of the day, I’m not really worried,” Sterling said. “I’ve got all the confidence in the world that things are gonna go accordingly and according to plan, and I’ll be getting that long-awaited title shot.”

-MMAFighting.com

Have we gotten to a point as a society where we list someone's twitter followers after their name in media articles? Boy that's a sad milestone. And Sterling is 100% right to be pissed especially since he's in a division where the same 5 dudes and a 125 champ have gotten all the title shots in the last god knows how many years(before Moraes). Now the retired member of that group comes back and wants another shot despite going 0-4 in the one's he'd received without ever coming close to winning? Of course I'd be mad if I was next.

Faber's win was impressive af but he should be given a top 5 opponent in a title elim while Sterling gets the shot.

Sterling has a legit gripe but he got submitted by Assuncao just in 2017.

The line starts with whoever makes Dana the most money. Ufc 101

Last edited:
well, considering the fight hasn't happened, he hasn't been granted that shot.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

answer the question though dimwit, outside of the Max fight, which one was unwarranted?
It's not that unwarranted. Frankie is 2-1 in the last 2 years. Aldo is comin off a loss and so is Ortega. Both are 2-1 in last 3. Volkanovski will be next, when he gets healthy. it's kinda hard to say who should get it right now.

well, considering the fight hasn't happened, he hasn't been granted that shot.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

answer the question though dimwit, outside of the Max fight, which one was unwarranted?
I thought you were referring to his first scheduled title shot against Holloway which he was given after losing a title fight decisively and then beating two journeymen. But turns out you're referring to this newest undeserved title shot against Holloway. You don't see a pattern there? And that's just his latest two.

Of course he's trying to jump the line. It's ridiculous. How did the "no" option even get any votes?

Same as usual, bunch of people will say sure he’s a legend etc etc, then when he gets outclassed will make jokes and complain cause someone else has a bigger streak going yet hasn’t gotten the shot.

Mma fans....sure let somebody undeserving get a shot.
Mma fans....hey why the ufc not letting tony get a shot

I thought you were referring to his first scheduled title shot against Holloway which he was given after losing a title fight decisively and then beating two journeymen. But turns out you're referring to this newest undeserved title shot against Holloway. You don't see a pattern there? And that's just his latest two.

So who deserved the shot after he beat Stephens/Yair?

there were no other top contenders. Who deserved it, Ortega, before he fought Frankie? Moicano ? Who?

Benavidez vs Cejudo II or bust

I'm not mad at Faber or any of the fighters who do this.
For one, Cejudo called him out.
For two, Dana has created this environment where the rankings mean nothing.
For three, we'd all watch.
For four, Aljamain brought up loses from 3 years ago disqualifying you from a title shot. He lost to Caraway. That's permanent title shot ban.

Faber has lost his last 7 championship fights (UFC and WEC).

Faber will get it.

Money talks.

Cejudo wants him to as he is a big name.

I feel ashamed that I'm not totally opposed to Cejudo vs. Faber. Since Cruz and TJ are out, it'd be the biggest fight at BW right now. Sterling and Yan can fight in the meantime so we get a clear #1 contender.

Stuff like this is why I really wish DJ and Horiguchi were back in the UFC. Those 2 plus Cejudo would've made FLW awesome.

If Faber wins he will probably retire with the belt.

Why the fuck would UFC consider doing that again after the GSP MW debacle?

Sterling and Benavuelos better STFU.

Based on his last fight, I'll still bet money on Faber over those two.

All Dana cares about is what fight will sell this should be obvious to anyone on here.
Faber vs Cejudo would probably do decent sales.

Of course he is but who really blames him?

Back