Urban Explain please

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ObsceneJester, Aug 13, 2005.

1. ObsceneJester

ObsceneJester Banned Banned

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459414

This is my personal favorite fat-burning strategy. IBUR is based on many of the same principles as regular interval training, but with each cycle (or each interval), the duration of the sprint and jog phases increase in length.

This is the workout I used myself three times per week and it led to a marked decrease in body fat. It may not be the most specific method available for athletes, but if all you're interested in is fat loss, give IBUR a try. You won't be sorry!

Here's an example:

It's the IBUR Chart talking about 1a. 1b. ectera ectera ectera.. now I was wondering do I do all of those in one run mean 1a 1b 2a 2b ectera ectera ectera..

Thanks

2. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

yup, start with 1a (jog) then go to 1b (sprint) then into 2a (jog for 30 seconds longer), 2b (sprint for 10 seconds longer), etc. You run through each of those pairs once during the workout. Personally, I suck balls at this. The whole workout will take 15 minutes.