Updated** Edgar Gets Called Out By Holloway/Stephens. Wants Dec. 11 Fight

Edgar is smart, wants that five round headliner at the TUF 22 Finale.
I don't know why they don't just make Ferguson vs Khabib the 5 round fight (putting that fight on a free card and not having it be 5 rounds is criminal ).

Stephens didn't even make weight last fight he doesn't deserve Edgar at all

Much rather see Edgar vs Holloway

I would be surprised if UFC doesn't try to make a show in Hawaii with that as headline, sounds like a solid plan
Even if he did make weight, he has lost 2 of his last 3 fights and bermudez was coming off a loss. I don't see Edgar facing a fighter with an 11-10 ufc record.

why not Max vs. Stephens?

Max is still untested imo, only one top 10 win in Swanson

Even if he did make weight, he has lost 2 of his last 3 fights and bermudez was coming off a loss. I don't see Edgar facing a fighter with an 11-10 ufc record.

He got fight of the night when he fight Cub. He lost a unamious dec. to oliveira who is currently ranked #7. He then KO Dennis Bermudez in devastating fashion. He is a top 10 fighter that deserves top 10 fights. There is NO ONE else to fight in the top 10 besides Stephens and Holloway that Frankie hasn't beat or has won their last fight. Here is the current top 10:

Champion : Jose Aldo
1 Conor McGregor (Interim Champion)
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Chad Mendes
4 Ricardo Lamas (fighting Sanchez)
5 Max Holloway
6 Cub Swanson (already won)
7 Charles Oliveira (already won)
8 Jeremy Stephens
9 Dennis Bermudez
10 Nik Lentz

Booking Holloway vs. Edgar is too soon. Holloway vs. Olieira or Holloway vs. Mendes makes more sense at this point.

why not Max vs. Stephens?

Max is still untested imo, only one top 10 win in Swanson

1. Because Edgar needs a fight before the end of the year. 2. UFC 194 needs a backup for Aldo/McGregor. Mind as well book an Edgar fight now and those are the only 2 guys available to fight him.

1. Because Edgar needs a fight before the end of the year. 2. UFC 194 needs a backup for Aldo/McGregor. Mind as well book an Edgar fight now and those are the only 2 guys available to fight him.

Frankie can get Lamas/Sanchez or Guida :icon_chee

but i'm ok with Frankie/Max and Frankie/Stephens matchups

Stephens vs. Guida also fun fight 8)

Stephens is 4-2 in FW with 1 top 15 win (Elkins) and 1 top 10 win (Bermudez)

Stephens vs. Guida is a fun match-up, both former LW's
Edgar can fight Max

Probably been said already , however I would not mind seeing Edgar fight Holloway for the # 1 contender spot.

But if Mendes wins we'd have to see another rematch. I'm rooting for Frankie and McGregor so we can see them against each other.

Featherweight is kind of a mess right now. Frankie arguably should of had the shot at 189. McGregs and Aldo don't fight until Dec, that's over 3 months away. If Aldo loses. There will be 100% a rematch. If McGregor loses a back and fourth fight he will get a rematch as well. Frankie has at least 1 more fight and I think it will be stevens. How can you give Frankie - chad mendes when he already the #1 contender? You have Frankie who should be next, Holloway looking amazing as the #2 contender and you have Mendes who is an absolute beat with a full training camp at #3. You have 3 legit contenders but Aldo vs. McGregor could be busy until after UFC 200! What a mess.

I hope Stephens is joking.

Holloway fight sounds good.

Yeah I got to agree with you with Stephens vs. Frankie for 194. Holloway is the better fighter and the better fight. Frankie is already WAY overdue for his shot - having a risky but winnable fight for Frankie makes a lot of sense for the UFC. Holloway vs. Mendes in Hawaii also is a great idea - that would be awesome.

How the fuck is frankie "WAY overdue" for his shot? He's only had 4 fights since his last shot and 2 of them aren't even featherweights. And holloway beat the other 2 worse than frankie did (and is on a 7 fight streak vs frankies' 4)

I see Edgar winning either fight, although a Holloway upset wouldn't be much of a surprise

Stephens is 4-2 in FW with 1 top 15 win (Elkins) and 1 top 10 win (Bermudez)

Stephens vs. Guida is a fun match-up, both former LW's
Edgar can fight Max

His fight with Bermudez shouldn't even be a blemish for Dennis, he was fighting a guy who was bigger than him and gave up on the weight cut

I really hate when a guy misses weight like that and wins

Featherweight is kind of a mess right now. Frankie arguably should of had the shot at 189. McGregs and Aldo don't fight until Dec, that's over 3 months away. If Aldo loses. There will be 100% a rematch.

I doubt that, considering what a thorn Aldo has been in the UFC's side, I don't think they are going to give him an instant rematch.

Good strategy. Either he brutalizes one of these guys or he's set to step into the title fight.

Back