Updated** Edgar Gets Called Out By Holloway/Stephens. Wants Dec. 11 Fight

Why have Edgar fight Holloway and eliminate one of the contenders?

FW has been exciting this year mostly due to Conor but lets not forget that once that fight happens, FW isn't exactly stacked. Edgar is next, then if Holloway can get another win, he's after Edgar.

Edgar vs Stephens doesn't make the best sense. But at the same time that leaves more options. That leaves maybe a holloway vs mendes in Hawaii. And if mendes and Edgar both win give the title shot to Edgar and let mendes work a couple more fights. If holloway won there would probably be enough time for a title contender spot since there will be an instant aldo/mcgregor 2.

fuck, holloway is a much better fight

another 3 round decision for frankie

Why have Edgar fight Holloway and eliminate one of the contenders?

FW has been exciting this year mostly due to Conor but lets not forget that once that fight happens, FW isn't exactly stacked. Edgar is next, then if Holloway can get another win, he's after Edgar.

no, featherweight is THE stacked division

other than that you can say lightweight, and then no other

Yeah I got to agree with you with Stephens vs. Frankie for 194. Holloway is the better fighter and the better fight. Frankie is already WAY overdue for his shot - having a risky but winnable fight for Frankie makes a lot of sense for the UFC. Holloway vs. Mendes in Hawaii also is a great idea - that would be awesome.

Stephens can crack, but I think Edgar destroys him. Easy fight for Edgar.

Pretty much this. Stephens always has a puncher's chamce so he can never be completely counted out, but it'd be pretty shocking to see him beat Frankie.

They are not going to add Edgar vs. Stephens on the TUF finale, they already have lauzon/dunham and khabib/ferguson - I couldn't see them put another headliner on the card. The Cerrone vs. Dos Anjos card has Dolloway/marquardt as well which is an okay main event - the fight could be on that card. Edgar vs. Stephens will most likely take place at 194 -

Can you imagine the card:
Aldo - Mcgregs
Weidman - Rockhold
Jacre - Romero
Edgar - Stephens

Holy fucking shit!!!

like taking candy from a baby. a baby with dynamite in his right hand, but an easy win for edgar.

If they both fought Frankie at the same time they might win. might.

Yeah, I think you put Edgar as the Main for the Ultimate Fighter finale. I say Stephens just so you don't burn off Max for no reason.

This just in:

Frankie Edgar- "I got called out by max holloway and Jeremy Stephens. I will fight either on dec 11 Let's make it happen @danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc"

This just in:

Frankie Edgar- "I got called out by max holloway and Jeremy Stephens. I will fight either on dec 11 Let's make it happen @danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc"

nice

hope its holloway

This just in:

Edgar is smart, wants that five round headliner at the TUF 22 Finale. Makes sense, as it has has a relevant bout in place to fill in at headliner (Nurmagomedov/Ferguson) if Edgar gets called in for relief duty for the varsity bout the next night at UFC 194. I think that it will be Jeremy Stephens.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...explains-injury-hopes-for-rematch-against-max
UFC may try to schedule an immediate rematch/redo between Holloway/Oliveira if the latter is not shelved for too long.

BOOOOO! take Stephens out and put Holloway in, he deserves it waaaay more that Stephens and im sure Max will hav no problem jumping in that fight after the quick Oliveira fight. Frankie vs Holloway for the next title shot

Edgar is the clear #1 contender and if he beats Max, hopefully the UFC will feel forced(by fans) to give Edgar a title shot. Holloway is an exciting fighter as well so why the fuck not?

Aldo has Conor to deal with for now so Holloway VS Edgar for a guaranteed title shot.

I like it

I'm predicting the 194 main card to be:

Aldo/McGregor
Weidman/Rockhold
JDS/Reem
Jacare/Romero
Edgar/Stephens

Really respect Edgar for accepting that fight. It does nothing for him other than keep him active. Stephens hits like a motherfucker and can KO anyone. Edgar is at the very top of the division, Stephens isn't. Fighting Holloway would make much more sense, and since Max took no damage, they should just make that fight.

thats pretty badass.

heathen: lets bang bro
frankie: lets do it

Back