(UPDATED 12/19/16) UFC's New Heavyweight Cody East: Past Includes Assault, Child Abuse, Rape Charges

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
(Updated on 12/19/2016; Read Below)
Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...oubled-past-includes-rape-assault-child-abuse

This is a long read guys, but boy is it worth it.

So the UFC signed 12-1 heavyweight Cody East based on his performance in Legacy FC (which will be featured on the series Lookin' for a Fight). 11 of East's victories have come by way of stoppage or submission and he is scheduled to debut April 23rd at UFC 197.

Sounds like a promising prospect until one digs further. Bloodyelbow's Mookie Alexander reports that East has had a colorful life, to say the very least. In 2005, East was arrested on sexual assault charges at the age of 17. A year later, he was denied entry into an out of state college based on violations stemming from the conditions of those charges, which he would be acquitted of (he plead innocent and spent time at a juvenile detention center during the interim).

In 2007, we find 19 year old East arrested on charges of aggravated assault and child abuse. Officers had to draw weapons onto East (who held a knife) to subdue him, when they were called in response to a melee that broke out at East's home. East was throwing a party where he "hip-tossed 14 to 15 year old girls", breaking several girls noses, and allegedly also attacking his own mother and father during a fit of rage.

In 2008, East was sentenced to 3 years in prison for his transgressions during the party, which included serving alcoholic beverages to minors.

It doesn't stop there either. The UFC has yet to comment regarding their newest commodity.

Update 12/19/2016: Cody East has been arrested again, this time for - you might have guessed it, domestic violence. Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...-east-arrested-for-domestic-violence-mma-news

After East found out he could not defeat men in the UFC cage, going 0-2 vs. Walt Harris and Curtis Blaydes (he lost both bouts via TKO), the now former UFC fighter was arrested early Sunday morning in Albuquerque charged with assaulting a housemember and false imprisonment. KRQE News 13 first reported the arrest.

As of 11:00 PM he was reported still behind bars for this, yet another incident on a growing record of indecency. Bond was set at $30,000. He was released from the UFC in October.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's in the right place

UFC needs to drop him like a hot potato. Just asking for trouble.

Times like these I wish that the UFC wasn't worried about legitimacy in the eyes of the general public. It's prize fighting, not a church choir.

Wait... Hip tossing a 15 year old girl at a party is child abuse these days? Fuck... I'm glad I grew up when I did!

Cool. A new fan fave.

Times like these I wish that the UFC wasn't worried about legitimacy in the eyes of the general public. It's prize fighting, not a church choir.

I wish we didn't know.

We have a legal system and this is their responsibility, but because everyone knows, companies have to be incredibly careful who they are seen doing business with. If this information was private, no problem.

UFC needs to drop him like a hot potato. Just asking for trouble.
At the very least, they need to respond to calls regarding the matter. If you're going to champion people like this, explain why.

Wait... Hip tossing a 15 year old girl at a party is child abuse these days? Fuck... I'm glad I grew up when I did!
Bitches always asking for those hip tosses

Bitches always asking for those hip tosses

Standard. I tossed so many bitches you could make a salad.

Bitches love salads.

Last edited:
I wish we didn't know.

We have a legal system and this is their responsibility, but because everyone knows, companies have to be incredibly careful who they are seen doing business with. If this information was private, no problem.
They aren't a publicly traded company. They can do whatever they want. I just know that whether he fucks kids or beats up girls is irrelevant to me when it comes to fighting. Paying to see him win or paying to see him get his ass beat, so long as we pay, right?

What exactly do you mean by that? That they shouldn't give a fuck about the past exploits of their employees just because "it's prize fighting"?
Why should a church choir give any more of a fuck? Just get whoever, paedo's, murders, as long as they can sing.

tbh he is not in jail and it wasn't sexual abuse. he was probably beating up his sister or something like that. If he is talented, I don't mind this guy on the UFC actually

Basing that on a probably? Child abuse at any level is wrong! Maybe I'm being over the top as I have two kids but like someone that's posted somewhere on this thread already, it's asking for heat.

Sounds like a wonderful person. He'll be gone when this blows up.

Back