(UPDATED 12/19/16) UFC's New Heavyweight Cody East: Past Includes Assault, Child Abuse, Rape Charges

What exactly do you mean by that? That they shouldn't give a fuck about the past exploits of their employees just because "it's prize fighting"?
Why should a church choir give any more of a fuck? Just get whoever, paedo's, murders, as long as they can sing.
Well not that it matters, but I know countless people who for them, martial arts and MMA, boxing and wrestling, football and baseball, saved their lives and kept them out of trouble. Obviously the guy is trying to turn his life around through the discipline of martial arts. Why are MMA fans so quick to take up pitchforks when a person tries to make a change for the better, as if none of he has ever made a mistake or fucked up as kids?

That's the narrative the UFC should be putting out when this type of shit happens. If a guy is on the roster and does this shit, cool to fine and suspend him. But it is counter productive for companies to go way back into the past and dig this shit up.

What you are doing now is what should matter.

Excellent news !!!!

Call him up for a last minute fight, put him in against an animal and tell the ref to stop the fight late !!

Sounds like he's in the right place

I had to look at your history....it's all UFC hahaha I can't believe 'fans' whose joy in life is to obsess about something in a negative way.

Basing that on a probably? Child abuse at any level is wrong! Maybe I'm being over the top as I have two kids but like someone that's posted somewhere on this thread already, it's asking for heat.
I can totally see where you're coming from but I don't think Zuffa should give a fuck. I think it's wrong of them to give a fuck even. Nobody really knows what happened and It's no one's job to be judging whatever this guy did in the past as long as he went through the system and paid his dues. He is clear to work and should be judged by his current actions and not for his teenage/young adult past. my opinion anyway

He did his time in jail, I don't see the problem here

Looks like that was when he was a teenager; not saying that makes it ok or forgivable, but on the other hand making some bad decisions when you're a kid shouldn't mean that you should never be given a chance to turn your life around.

I had to look at your history....it's all UFC hahaha I can't believe 'fans' whose joy in life is to obsess about something in a negative way.
Huh? I like the UFC. I just think its better he's here fighting adults than 15 year old girls?

lol.

Well not that it matters, but I know countless people who for them, martial arts and MMA, boxing and wrestling, football and baseball, saved their lives and kept them out of trouble. Obviously the guy is trying to turn his life around through the discipline of martial arts. Why are MMA fans so quick to take up pitchforks when a person tries to make a change for the better, as if none of he has ever made a mistake or fucked up as kids?

That's the narrative the UFC should be putting out when this type of shit happens. If a guy is on the roster and does this shit, cool to fine and suspend him. But it is counter productive for companies to go way back into the past and dig this shit up.

Second chances are all well and good, but the narrative that we or the ufc shouldn't give a fuck about the questionable moral character or actions of its participants, merely because of the nature of the sport is horseshit. That's my point. We shouldn't care any less than the church choir should

Obviously the guy is trying to turn his life around through the discipline of martial arts..
No, he has used martial-arts for the worse. The alleged rape occured after he had begun persuing a martial-art, wrestling.

Read the article! I personally am not calling for his job. I am however calling for the UFC to answer to questions regarding their thought process when signing people like East, when fighters have been cut and optioned off for much, much less.

If he's still into hip tossing chicks i've got a list of names for him.

I can totally see where you're coming from but I don't think Zuffa should give a fuck. I think it's wrong of them to give a fuck even. Nobody really knows what happened and It's no one's job to be judging whatever this guy did in the past as long as he went through the system and paid his dues. He is clear to work and should be judged by his current actions and not for his teenage/young adult past. my opinion anyway

I also see you're point mate but call me old fashioned if you want but I'd have nothing to do with the guy. I was once a kid/teenager not once did I make a mistake like that nor did the thought of abuse or rape run through my head. We all make mistakes yes but shit like that is beyond a mistake especially more than one. If it was you're daughter involved with this guy you'd not be saying the same let's be honest lol.

I never broke multiple little girls noses, arms or head stomped my dad. But sure I stole a pair of sun glasses once as a teen. Big difference ones a psychopath other is delinquency. Second chances for the later in competitive real world.

Not to mention he did these things as an adult. Did you even read that page? Dude should still be in prison.

Second chances are all well and good, but the narrative that we or the ufc shouldn't give a fuck about the questionable moral character or actions of its participants, merely because of the nature of the sport is horseshit. That's my point. We shouldn't care any less than the church choir should
The church choir would care only about your willingness to sing, not your past. Case in point... The Apostle Paul was a murderer. So was King David. People can change. I got in all kinds of fucking trouble up until I was 19. I'm not doing the shit I was doing.

Huh? I like the UFC. I just think its better he's here fighting adults than 15 year old girls?

lol.

Ah I thought you meant the UFC is the right place for criminals as I see many others imply. My bad.

alright, my point isn't that they shouldn't care because it's fighting. they shouldn't care as employers because his criminal record has nothing to do with his job in this particular case.

Back