Update (still overrated): Can somebody explain why NYC is so great?

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
Third time visiting the city, and each time I am left with a ''that's it ?" feeling.

Don't get me wrong, its got a diverse array of neighborhoods, attractions and sites, but it doesn't strike me as being materially different thatn other large urban city's.

It's like a slightly more intense version of Toronto, but pales in comparison to Tokyo, Seoul and even somewhere like Mumbai - visiting those countries felt like I was walking into somewhere truly foreign and exciting.

I'm here for 2 more days, so I'm open to suggestions for ways to save this trip.

PS: My favorite part of the trip was seeing the city rats eating a sandwich in the subway.

It's the greatest city in the world. Reevaluate your life.

Look for hookers! Otherwise, find a city with hookers.

Never been but Id like to one day, reluctantly. Im just not into cities, theyre crowded and gross. Also want to see Boston but after that Ill call it quits on the American east coast.

It's an upholstered toilet full of America hating liberals.

Only driven by it. It's on the East coast though so it's probably overpacked, overpriced and doesn't have any good beer

I used to live in Brooklyn but I don't really like NYC that well. There's a place called Eataly where you can get some decent food and there's a nice rooftop bar. A lot of higher end restaurant too but I'm not much of a foodie. The biggest attraction is there's a ton of hot chicks but I was living with my gf there so none of that really applied to me.

I used to like a jazz club there called mezzrow on 10th st.

Toronto> NYC

Coming from Toronto ofc NYC will pale in comparison.

Never been a fan of massive congested cities

I still haven't been to NYC. Still want to go there to see: Times Square, Ground Zero, One World Trade, Statue of Liberty, Little Italy(and all the spots those gangsters died) and Chinatown

I still haven't been to NYC. Still want to go there to see: Times Square, Ground Zero, One World Trade, Statue of Liberty, Little Italy(and all the spots those gangsters died) and Chinatown
Little Italy barely exists, it’s all Chinese now

Welcome to Brooklyn, duck motherfucking.

Third time visiting the city, and each time I am left with a ''that's it ?" feeling.

Don't get me wrong, its got a diverse array of neighborhoods, attractions and sites, but it doesn't strike me as being materially different thatn other large urban city's.

It's like a slightly more intense version of Toronto, but pales in comparison to Tokyo, Seoul and even somewhere like Mumbai - visiting those countries felt like I was walking into somewhere truly foreign and exciting.

I'm here for 2 more days, so I'm open to suggestions for ways to save this trip.

PS: My favorite part of the trip was seeing the city rats eating a sandwich in the subway.
35E7BxZ.png

qhbcjYS.png

most overrated city on the planet.

Some pretty amazing museums, lots of amazing pizza and bagels.

There is just a bunch of nooks and crannies of oddities and strange characters.

NYC is also a thriving cultural hot spot for comedy, art, theatre, dance, opera, and music.

Toronto> NYC

Coming from Toronto ofc NYC will pale in comparison.
Seriously? I will forever be indebted to Toronto and the great nation of Canada but if in being real Toronto is one of the most boring and souless cities ever. It's hard to imagine that Toronto>NYC

Never been but Id like to one day, reluctantly. Im just not into cities, theyre crowded and gross. Also want to see Boston but after that Ill call it quits on the American east coast.

Need to use apostrophes bro.

Back