Update (still overrated): Can somebody explain why NYC is so great?

What makes NYC so great? It is just as soulless if not moreso.

Off the bat both the public transit and food are better in Toronto than NYC, plus Toronto is much cleaner. Theres tons more to delve into but just those things make a huge difference.
Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Ok Im willing to take your word on most of what you say EXCEPT the public transport point. The TTC has got to be one of the worst transit systems in the developed world while NYCs transit is known to be really efficient by comparison.

Visited NYC and Chicago both back in 2005.

I thought the food, people, and architecture were much better in Chicago.

Only thing NYC had on it was the theme:

Every place is just a place. It's how you feel behind your eyes, and how much you like the people you're with, that matters. It's nothing that special, unless you live there, have a good job, and family/people you like. Same as anywhere.

every time i've visited nyc, i've gotten laid. so who am i to hate on the place lol.

Female tourists were already acting slutty when they visit here but Sex and the City filled the void that was lost when the sleazy Times Square was cleaned out.

Every place is just a place. It's how you feel behind your eyes, and how much you like the people you're with, that matters. It's nothing that special, unless you live there, have a good job, and family/people you like. Same as anywhere.

I don’t remember you being so philosophical and introspective but now I feel like your posting style has changed.

Did you have a major life event or something? Lol

NY is paradise ...if you’re rich. Just like any other big city. The inflated prices don’t limit your options, you never need to park because you have a driver, you rarely stand in line and if you do you’re with other rich pricks instead of standing beside some fucker who didn’t bathe and won’t stop farting. You rent spacious hotel suites instead of a room the size of my bedroom closet.

Culturally, NY is amazing. The museums, theatres, food and arts.

I went for the first time the summer after 9/11. The place was clean, the people friendly. I had family there who advised on things to do. We went back 15 years later and it looked like a different city. At least, the parts we could afford to go to. I’ll visit again, but unless I hit the Powerball I would never live there.

Last edited:
I go to nyc 3 days a week for work and I don't get the appeal at all. It's filthy, severely overcrowded, over priced, loaded with bums and the weather sucks.

Times Square is about as cool as a wet fart. Bunch of drug addicts dressed up as super heroes trying to shake you down for a dollar.

Try going to the bathroom anywhere in that city....the subway is a fkn dangerous toilet and the people are rude.

"Oh but there's so much to do there"......name anything you can do there that can't be done in the burbs or a smaller cleaner city

Toronto is the lame friendly version of NYC. I was disgusted to go there during the summer and to hear Drake being bumped in public.
A lot of people think Manhattan is NYC but it really isn't. A lot of the folks living in Manhattan are actually transplants.

it isnt, its a full on third world roach infested, rats crawling everywhere shithole

New York has great food, but other than that is remarkably overrated. You can spend a week there seeing the sites and learning some history, but then never go back and you wont miss much aside from new version of urine smell and new lawyers that slit the throats of the old lawyers.

Arguably best quality and veriety of
1) theaters in the world.
2) museums
3) restaurants
4) shopping
5) sports/events

Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Ok Im willing to take your word on most of what you say EXCEPT the public transport point. The TTC has got to be one of the worst transit systems in the developed world while NYCs transit is known to be really efficient by comparison.

Lol the TTC doesn't have rats running all over people like the NYC Subway.

I've never bothered going, and it's not a terribly long drive. My brother has been a few times and says that he found amazing vegan restaurants, but it's mostly just crowded and smells bad.

I've never seen or heard anything that made me feel the need to go.

Need to use apostrophes bro.
but check out this guy
NYC can be

Yes, Chinatown basically expanded into little Italy, all those nice bakery’s and little cafes are gone, now it’s louie Chan’s chop suey and Johnny Lee’s taste of HK, the Italian’s only have one block now

Lol the TTC doesn't have rats running all over people like the NYC Subway.
True but the trains actually work in NYC. Just the other week some dude was attempting to suicide by jumping off the Bloor Broadview bridge and it literally gridlocked the entire central portion of the city.

I hate NYC. I live abouy 45 mins from there, and i avoid it at all costs.

I’ve lived in and around Manhattan my entire life.

Loved it, loved it.

Now, I can’t wait to get the fuck outta here and move to America.

:(

:eek:

Back