UNREAL moments in fights where the loser almost won

As thread starter said. Barry vs Kongo. The best example ever.

Kongo got dropped three times and nobody would have complained if the fight would have been stopped after the second or third knockdown. In stead Kongo knocked barry completely out.
That’s why people who complain about “late” stoppages are doing a disservice to the sport and are mostly virtue signaling. How many people gave the refs shit for Yan vs Aldo or Glover vs Anthony Smith. Those were fair stoppages.

30ic1v7.gif

Lesnar vs. Mir I. I thought for sure the fight had been called for Lesnar.
Lesnar vs. Carwin. I thought for sure Lesnar was done for.

Jones VS Belfort.
Belfort was killing that arm.

Iaquinta vs. Masvidal. I know it's one of the worst robberies of all time, but I do kinda' respect Iaquinta's determination, even if he should've lost a 30-27 UD. Plus, it gave me one of my favorite post-fight moments ever.

Iaquinta vs. Masvidal. I know it's one of the worst robberies of all time, but I do kinda' respect Iaquinta's determination, even if he should've lost a 30-27 UD. Plus, it gave me one of my favorite post-fight moments ever.

which was?

Going to add Liddell vs Franklin. Personally one of my favorite KOs of all time.

Rich was arguably losing the fight, and very likely would have had the fight called off if the round finished because of his arm.

Then..........

dvpu7n_jpg.gif

Lawler/Askren. There's no better example than this.

XLo5ZV.gif
that shit could've been stopped. lawler was unlucky

Cogar had TJ hurt at the end of the first in their first fight.

Jones VS Belfort.
Belfort was killing that arm.
Dang you beat me to it. Belfort definitely did damage to that arm and popped it out. Also worth mentioning is Jones win over Sonnen. He realized he broke his toe during the post fight interview and had he not finished that fight when he did it could of easily been a TKO injury win for Chael

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back