Rewatch Unpopular Opinion: Volk won the first fight.....Round 4 is the key

So you think the back take won Islam the round even though he didn't do anything with it? Volk was the one scoring with striking in the position.

That's how the judges will judge it, what I think doesn't matter

IMO that was clear stalling and that shit needs to be reffed. I don't care if it's the most dominant position in BJJ. You can't lazily fish an arm under the neck every once in a while and call it a submission attempt and staying active.

Volk got dropped and/or wobbled on several occasions and got taken down and controlled for large portions of the fight. It was competitive, for sure, but you have to be biased if you think Volk won on the scorecards.
I thought Islam won when I watched the fight live. Watching it back I thought it was much closer. I like Islam better as a fighter so I wouldn't describe myself as having a bias towards Volk. I thought Volk was stalling in the position. He was tired and not trying to advance the position or go for a sub. It was Volk who was more active and did more damage in the position.

nah, you have to lose some points for getting taken down, losing your back and not being able to free yourself. giving the guy a few love taps will get you some points back but probably not enough
Volk scored more with his striking in the position while Volk was clearly stalling. It's not wrestling so a dominant position doesn't necessarily mean dominating the position. Those are two different things in my opinion. Hear is a glaring example of dominant position versus dominating the position........

There's no argument for Volkanovski winning three rounds.

"Unpopular" doesn't mean nearly 50%

The only thing unpopular about your opinionb is that you think round 4, one of the clearer Islam rounds, went to Volk, which is just wrong. Most feel 2 was the key round

Back