Unlike GSP, Conor doesn't need a mass market from his home country to boost PPV sales.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
Meaning, his PPV sales aren't gonna be boosted by all the Irish fans in Ireland. Yeah, in America, he has a ton of Irish American fans, but a huge chunk of his sales aren't gonna be from the country of Ireland. Conor spans every nationality of fight fan, and mostly all his sales are from US fans, period.

Anyone would be interested in watching Conor. He's not a boring decision machine like GSP. He's all action, and his mouth attracts fans like a moth to a flame. It was usually GSP's opponents that would attempt to sell the fight with pre fight hype.

You just felt like randomly attacking GSP out of the blue for some reason?

Conor's great but nothing he does makes GSP's accomplishments any less impressive.

No question he is the more exciting, dynamic fighter.

I don't even think GSP fans would dispute that.

George is the GOAT based on competition, but he was a grinder.

McG is flashy, and throws down.

Zuffa literally booked a world tour to promote Conor. Stop and think about that sentence. They paid millions of dollars to visit cities around the world and a huge media campaign to build him up.

For his part, Conor is both exciting and brash on the mic, which makes an excellent partner for a PR blitz. Make no mistake, Zuffa hand picks a few fighters like Conor and Rousey and puts all of their marketing dollars and efforts into them.

Georges became a national icon without being promoted as a media sensation. It's a totally different thing.

Meaning, his PPV sales aren't gonna be boosted by all the Irish fans in Ireland. Yeah, in America, he has a ton of Irish American fans, but a huge chunk of his sales aren't gonna be from the country of Ireland. Conor spans every nationality of fight fan, and mostly all his sales are from US fans, period.

Anyone would be interested in watching Conor. He's not a boring decision machine like GSP. He's all action, and his mouth attracts fans like a moth to a flame. It was usually GSP's opponents that would attempt to sell the fight with pre fight hype.
Where's your proof of these numbers?

Plus, have you not recognised that his biggest (record setting) PPV was against a P4P great with the whole of Brazil behind him. The guy didn't lose in 10 years, you don't think that had anything to do with the PPV sales?

Mendes fight was the same, it wasn't Mendes until the last minute - Aldo helped sell that fight too, it was a combination of the 2. It was that fight that sold it, not Aldo, not all McGregor.

I would say it was 55% Conor, 25% the intrigue of the fight, 20% Aldo.

GSP was only popular because of Canada. If he was American nobody would even talk about him anymore

Not attacking. Speaking the truth.

For what purpose?

We all know McGregor is a huge draw.

The fact that GSP earned his huge draw off of fight accomplishments alone bothers you?

Can you imagine if the UFC promoted GSP with even 1/10th the money and effort they put behind the likes of Conor and Rousey?

McGregor is the total package that has the UFC salivating. He's an exciting fighter, he trash talks enough to give the casuals a thrill, and he keeps winning.

GSP's success doesnt take any of that away from him...so why insult him?

I have no idea why people need to boost a fighter by bashing others.

It's amazing what GSP has done.

It's amazing what Connor is doing. Great times to be a MMA fan.

Whats the meaning of this thread?

i think the point is to prove that canada only has famous people because their population is so much higher than any other country.

only china, india, usa, indonesia, brazil, pakistan, nigeria, bangladesh, russia, japan, mexico, phillipines, ethiopia, vietnam, egypt, congo, germany, iran, turkey, thailand, england, france, italy, tanzania, south africa, myanmar, south korea, colombia, kenya, spain, argentina, ukraine, algeria, sudan, poland, and iraq have higher populations.

Last edited:
No question he is the more exciting, dynamic fighter.

I don't even think GSP fans would dispute that.

George is the GOAT based on competition, but he was a grinder.

McG is flashy, and throws down.
Post-Serra GSP, maybe.

I don't understand the mindset of a fan who needs to put other fighters down to make a point about the fighters they like.

Veiled GSP bashing thread? You Connor worshippers are an insecure lot. GSP is one of the greatest ever. Connor could get there. Take a break and relax.

Threads like this is why McGoober fans get hate.

Wouldn't it be easier to just say, "I'm a big fan of Conor McGregor, but I never found GSP all that exciting."?

so the entire irish population bying PPV has nothing to do with Conor's PPV sales. GTFO

Back