Unlike GSP, Conor doesn't need a mass market from his home country to boost PPV sales.

GSP was willing to fight the champ in a lower weight class. Someone smaller than him.

He never had the balls to fight Silva. That alone makes Conor greater.

the trolling in this thread is typical of the new fans...you tools need to step up your game...

GSP was only popular because of Canada. If he was American nobody would even talk about him anymore

If GSP was American there would be ten times as much talk about him and he'd be almost unanimously considered the GOAT on Sherdog.

And talk of his success depending on his nation is ridiculous, the first time he fought in Montreal most tickets were bought by east coast Americans.

Don't underestimate the strength of the Plastic Paddy community.

GSP didn't need to talk a load of old horseshit and come up with a load of catchphrases to draw a million buys on PPV.

GSP was willing to fight the champ in a lower weight class. Someone smaller than him.

Booyah, someone gets it. And let's be honest, he didn't have the style to be as effective against bigger opponents, like Conor is. GSP never had 1 shot KO power, and his grinding, and physical style was the most effective agaisnt guys his size, and smaller. Not against the bigger guys that can't be rag dolled like the WW and LW's that were moving up like BJ.

You know how the term "can" came about? It was because American boxers used to call Canadians that because they always beat them up. Meaning they made canucks bleed like tomato cans and would only bring them into the gym to beat them up in training.
Bullshit, and you know it.

Except that it fucking doesn't. Mma is a sport ladies. You're greatness is defined by your resume and your wins. Conor hasn't even defended his FW title yet. This isn't WWE. I know a lot of you get wet over his persona, but that has shit to do with it. GSP is the retired GOAT and that is a fact. If Conor loses his next couple of fights no one will give two shits about him. When your legacy can dissolve that quickly it should tell you something about how strong it really is. Keep suckling his dick though, it makes for great entertainment.

Booyah, someone gets it. And let's be honest, he didn't have the style to be as effective against bigger opponents, like Conor is. GSP never had 1 shot KO power, and his grinding, and physical style was the most effective agaisnt guys his size, and smaller. Not against the bigger guys that can't be rag dolled like the WW and LW's that were moving up like BJ.

Conor is bigger then GSP? Hahahah. What? 5'8", 170 lol. He's not big at all. GSP dominated Thiago Aves who was gigantic for welterweight. You probably weren't watching MMA then though were you? Keep drooling over your pasty princess..

Last edited:
Except that it fucking doesn't. Mma is a sport ladies. You're greatness is defined by your resume and your wins. Conor hasn't even defended his FW title yet. This isn't WWE. I know a lot of you get wet over his persona, but that has shit to do with it. GSP is the retired GOAT and that is a fact. If Conor loses his next couple of fights no one will give two shits about him. When your legacy can dissolve that quickly it should tell you something about how strong it really is. Keep suckling his dick though, it makes for great entertainment.

Conor is bigger then GSP? Hahahah. What? 5'8", 170 lol. He's not big at all. GSP dominated Thiago Aves who was gigantic for welterweight. You probably weren't watching MMA then though were you? Keep drooling over your pasty princess..

What does Conor's persona have to do with him challenging RDA for the lightweight belt?

At least Conor took and will take that risk. GSP resume is fighting for points, being a fucking wet blanket, and never moving up despite all his talk about wanting to fight Silva. Then he sits back now and whines about steroids after getting his face smashed in by Hendricks with while rubbing his bloated up, suspicious gut.

I've been lurking around sherdog for years, but only joined in 2013. Threads like these are MOSTLY (but not always) from people with join dates in the last 6 months. Kinda answers the questions on why there are threads. The level of competition GSP fought is in another galaxy compared the competition McGregor has fought.

Last edited:
A thread about an Irish man being compared to a retired Canadian most likely started by an American.

Interesting.

Dummies saying "Conor is willing to go up in weight class to fight Diaz, and GSP wouldn't go up a weight class". HOLY SHIT people are comparing conor moving up to fight diaz to GSP moving up to fight the GOAT in his prime Anderson Fucking Silva. Dumbest comparison on the planet. It's laughable. Trust me I'm not a conor hater, the dude is a good fighter and always brings it. I love watching his fights, but this comparison is totally laughable.

What does Conor's persona have to do with him challenging RDA for the lightweight belt?

At least Conor took and will take that risk. GSP resume is fighting for points, being a fucking wet blanket, and never moving up despite all his talk about wanting to fight Silva. Then he sits back now and whines about steroids after getting his face smashed in by Hendricks with while rubbing his bloated up, suspicious gut.

You can't even make coherent points. So challenging RDA makes Conor > GSP. No, it doesn't. GSP's record speak for itself, it doesn't really matter what you think of it. It might be the most impressive in the sport's history. GSP never failed a drug test and actually campaigned for stricter drug testing, testing that he undertook himself during the Hendricks fight even after Hendrick's refused. Also, he's never failed a drug test in his career. There is no proof he's ever used - none, and the fact you bring that up shows how far you're reaching here. It's like the Conor-haters now saying he is using, there's no proof. GSP retired as champion, something no one else in the sport has done. The truth is It really doesn't matter how you feel about this. Fact > opinion. GSP > Conor. You're probably new to the sport; stick to the sidelines, pay attention, and come back when you actually have something to say that carries weight.

You are the reason people don't like Conor. You're so emotionally involved that you can't even make sense. McGregor is a great fighter and has a chance to do special things. But here you are arguing that has somehow surpassed Georges St. Pierre, a fighter who finished his career with 9 consecutive title defenses and a 25-2 record fighting against the very best welterweights for 10 fucking years. Conor doesn't even have one yet. We don't even know what quality ground game he has and believe me, it will be tested at some point.

I'll hold off on comparing the two. You're talking about one of the absolute best to ever do it, but Conor is doing everything differently. Ppv/earning conor is the top dog. He's going to get to the $100 mil level. But he has a long way to go to be on gsp's level. But I have huge respect for Conor saying Fuck weightclasses. As long as there isn't a huge size difference I love seeing a champion move up to challenge the best fighters. That's something gsp refused to do. I believe his fear of failure wouldn't allow it. I mean who wouldn't want to see rockhold vs jones

I'll hold off on comparing the two. You're talking about one of the absolute best to ever do it, but Conor is doing everything differently. Ppv/earning conor is the top dog. He's going to get to the $100 mil level. But he has a long way to go to be on gsp's level. But I have huge respect for Conor saying Fuck weightclasses. As long as there isn't a huge size difference I love seeing a champion move up to challenge the best fighters. That's something gsp refused to do. I believe his fear of failure wouldn't allow it. I mean who wouldn't want to see rockhold vs jones

Again, WTF is this nonsense about GSP not wanting to move up to fighter Anderson Silva? How can you even type that in without feeling like a complete fool. Conor moving up to fight RDA (a guy who he is bigger than) or moving up to fight an 18-10 Nate Diaz even comparable to GSP moving up to fight Silva? I just don't understand this thinking AT ALL. Some please help me!!!???

Meh ... Gsp carries weak cards ... Conor hs other great fights on his card ... Struve vs mccorkle ... Haha

Conor is a fucking cartoon.

Let's not compare him to someone with class.

Y
Again, WTF is this nonsense about GSP not wanting to move up to fighter Anderson Silva? How can you even type that in without feeling like a complete fool. Conor moving up to fight RDA (a guy who he is bigger than) or moving up to fight an 18-10 Nate Diaz even comparable to GSP moving up to fight Silva? I just don't understand this thinking AT ALL. Some please help me!!!???
Well at the time (2009-2011), there weren't many appealing challenges for either. I wanted to see Anderson fight jones and gsp. The rda fight is comparable b/c two champions at their best were going to fight. As for the fool part, go Fuck yourself buddy.

Back