• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unleashing The Beast Within

Power Snatches
60/65 x 1
67.5 x F+F
60 x 1 x 3
62.5 x 1 x 3

Paused Bench (w/ miniband)
80 x 3 x 3

That was it for the day. 6.5 hours of sleep yesterday, hoping to get a full 8 hours tonight.

80 kg + a miniband (under the bench and over the bar collars) is the heaviest I've benched since last winter. It actually felt heavy, I wonder how many kg the band adds. Shoulders felt fine. Elbows felt fine.

I used my shitty camera again, because I realized it's better than nothing when it comes to gauging my form. I should consider getting myself a half-decent camera. I know jack shit about these things, if anyone has any suggestions on a cheap/very-easy-to-use/small~ish camera feel free to let me know.

Power snatch from check. I apologize for the very shitty quality, I'll appreciate any comments:

BW this morning = 92.5 kg.

Last edited:
Throws Class
A whole bunch of javelin throws. Didn't keep count, maybe around 25-30.
Did 8 discus throws after that, but was pretty fried by that point.

Today's theme was me sucking at the javelin throw. We did a few attempts from stand and from the last few steps and then went on to learn and practice throwing with the run up (today was the first time we tried throwing the javelin with a run up). I sucked, every semblance of proper technique in the last few steps simply disappeared. My best attempts with a run up went as far as the best attempts without one, which I assume is because without a run up I managed to get a better form going.

It was a surprisingly taxing session. I got crazy tired after that.

Here are 3 of the epic fails:

Tank top and sunglasses? Damn, im jelous of your weather, man.

^ day before yesterday it was snowing, but it was really nice today. This is the first time I got to "collect" some sun since before xmas.

Box Jumps (37" box)
BW x 3 x 3

Power Cleans
90 x 1 x 10

Front Squats
130 x 3 x 3

Seated Good Mornings
60 x 8 x 4

Ab-wheel Rollouts
32.5 x 10
42.5 x 10
37.5 x 10 / 20 x 10 / BW x 10

Swiss Ball Single-leg Leg Curls
BW x 10 x 3

BB Shrugs
140 x 10 x 4 (DOH grip)

Got myself a pair of cork heel lifts (1.5 cm thick). Tried them on today during power cleans and front squats. Didn't make a difference in the power cleans (it doesn't make much sense to wear them on the power versions of the oly lifts, but wanted to give them a try to see how the feel anyway), but they made a pretty big difference in terms of the depth I could get for the front squats.

Tried to work on making corrections in my power clean form. Feedback welcome:

^ Thanks, man.

You should look into those cork heel things, I was actually about to look up your log to post about that. I remember discussing with you about not being able to get good front squat depth without shoes with raises heels but not being cool with paying for oly shoes just for your front squats. These worked great for me and you can get a thicker pair if you want to.

Your turnover blows. Are you squeezing the bar ?

^ it does, and I suppose I could be... it depends on what exactly you mean by "squeezing" it!

^ it does, and I suppose I could be... it depends on what exactly you mean by "squeezing" it!

By squeezing I mean gripping the bar extremely hard. You don't have to squeeze too hard with the hook grip. Alternatively, it could be your triceps flexibility.

By squeezing I mean gripping the bar extremely hard. You don't have to squeeze too hard with the hook grip. Alternatively, it could be your triceps flexibility.

For some reason, I find it fun to see belph educating Miaou on technique and mobility issues, and not the other way around. Awesome

For some reason, I find it fun to see belph educating Miaou on technique and mobility issues, and not the other way around. Awesome

It'll be funny when I drop a rehab knowledge bomb.

Triceps flexibility should be fine. My oly lifter friend said pretty much the same thing the other day ("your hands/arms are too tight, you need to let them be more loose"). Today I was focusing on getting my shoulders over/slightly in front of the bar, rather than behind it, and didn't pay much attention to what the arms/hands were doing. Will work on this next time (will probably have to use significantly lower weights to get that to work).

My oly lifting sucks, and I still don't have a full understanding of how exactly the form should look like.

Basically, taking belph's form advice at face value should show you just how desperate I am with this shit! :icon_chee

Speaking of face value, word of advice do not take the below Russian who wants to marry you at face value. She does how ever know how to oly lift better than you since she's Russian

hotrussianwomen.jpg

^ I quite appreciate your recent russian interest.

...at the S&C place:

Power Snatches
55 x 1
60 x 1
62.5 x 1 x 4
65 x 1 x 3
67.5 x 1 -> with a slight press-out
67.5 x 1

...45 mins later, at the commercial gym:

SOHP
52.5 x 7 x 4

...1.5 hours later:

Paused Bench
70 x 5 x 5

Seated Cable Rows (narrow grip)
50 x 10
60 x 10 x 4
50 x 10

5.5 hours sleep. Pretty hectic day, with 6 hours of coaching, a pt session and a kick boxing class. Squeezed whatever work I had time to do in-between stuff.

Tried working on my power snatch form. I think I did a bit better. Hit a good rep with 67.5, which I missed just a couple of days ago.

SOHP had decent speed. Bench was pain-free and also had decent speed.

Here is the power snatch work. Quality is even worse than usual (was trying a different cam). Acquiring a new cam is on my list of things to do:

Come to America cameras grow on trees and all the women are beautiful

*cashes check from US Tourism board

594bd79858266f49df25.jpg

american-flag-model-bikini.jpg

jessica-pace-flag-bikini.jpg

...at the commercial gym:

Power Cleans
80/85 x 1
90 x 1 x 5

Squats (low-bar)
130/150/170 x 1
145 x 2/2/5
120/100 x 10

Good Mornings
90/100/100 x 10

Seated Single-leg Leg Curls
30 x 13/13/15

Standing Single-leg Calf Raises
BW x 17/17/20/20

Ab-wheel Rollouts
20 x 30/25/20

BB Shrugs
160 x 10 (hook)
170 x 6 (hook)
160 x 10 (hook)
130 x 15 (DOH)

Despite getting some semi-decent sleep last night and not working today, it was one of those days where the weights felt heavy, had bad balance in the walkouts, etc.

Did whatever work I could. Tried to compensate with a bit of volume.

BW this morning = 92.4 kg.

Throws Class
around 15 javelin throws
this was the last class of the semester

I put a lot of force in a couple of those reps. I threw the javelin further than I ever had, I had one attempt that was quarter-decent in terms of technique, but I also had 3-4 attempts that sucked big time. Got myself some nice elbow pain.

...at the commercial gym:

Power Snatches
55/55x/55/55
60x1x6

SOHP (paused)
56 x 4 x 5

Face Pulls
70/85/80/75 x 10

Paused Bench (w/ miniband)
62.5 x 3 x 6

Chin-ups (neutral grip)
BW x 10 x 4

DB Lateral Raises
10/12.5/12.5 x 10

Elbow is better. There's still some pain, but I expect it will be fine in a couple of days. There was also some pain on the right shoulder in the SOHP lockout. Haven't had shoulder pain in the SOHP lockout for a while, I guess that might be from the couple of yesterday's javelin attempts were technique sucked.

Power snatches weren't that good today. I missed the second attempt at 55 kg (that might be the first time I miss a 55 kg snatch). I've gotten spoiled by the oly platforms and nice straight bars in the S&C center; it is much harder to concentrate on proper form when the bar is bent and when you have to look out for dummies walking right by the bar as you are setting up.

Here are the snatches and the first and last SOHP set:

Back