175x1
190x1
195x1
200x1
205xF

Energy - 4
Mood - 2
Focus - 3

Left shoulder has been bugging me for the last two days. And it wasn't the bicipital tendonitis pain that I get from benching, this was impingement pain. I'm pretty sure going heavy without warmup on the lateral DB raises on Friday is to blame, which is entirely too stupid. Going for a bench max, this shoulder pain stressed me out big time.

On the bench, 120 felt smooth enough that I should've had 125, but it just felt like I couldn't pull the trigger on that weight. I think I'm good for more than 120, but regardless, I'm absolutely happy with the fact that my shoulders feel fine after a new PR and two failed max attempts.

Squats were easier than I expect. I had 195 in mind, 200 was a surprise and felt strong, 205 were pretty close. 200 high-bar is a PR and matches my low-bar PR (which was done at 92.9 kg bodyweight).

But really, I feel like I should've taken a deload a couple of weeks ago, but kept pushing because I'd take time off on August anyway. Now it's time for vacations. Will probably not be lifting at all for at least the next 3 weeks.

Morning Bodyweight = 90.7 kg.

Great log and looking very strong. I am getting into jump training and plyos myself. Track and field litterate and exercise is incredibly awesome.

Enjoy your vacation!

In for beach noodz.

That was a nice squat broheim.

Great log and looking very strong. I am getting into jump training and plyos myself. Track and field litterate and exercise is incredibly awesome.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks, man.

Combining strength training with something more "athletic", like track and field, is a lot of fun.

That was a nice squat broheim.
Thanks, broheim.

After 1 month off I'm sure it'll be a long time before I get back up there.
giphy.gif
In for beach noodz.

Spent 23 days free-camping in the "wild". Lost a good 4 kg of bodyweight. Haven't touched a barbell since August 1st. I'm sure I've lost a bunch of muscle and a bunch of strength. Had a great time and made some great memories, so it's all worth it. #noregrets

And here's a video of a few dives from this summer:

Spent 23 days free-camping in the "wild". Lost a good 4 kg of bodyweight. Haven't touched a barbell since August 1st. I'm sure I've lost a bunch of muscle and a bunch of strength. Had a great time and made some great memories, so it's all worth it. #noregrets

Awesome man! Looks like you had a lot of fun :)

Monday, August 29th

Backflip Drills

many reps - probably 30+

This is the closest I got to an actual backflip:

Bodyweight this morning = 87 kg.

Last edited:
Wednesday, August 31st

Gymnastics Hall

a bunch of handstands, pull-ups, chin-ups, dips and push-ups

Rear delts, rectus abdominis, sartorius, adductors and lower end of bicep femoris are all sore from Monday's backflip work. As a matter of fact, they are ridiculously sore.

Right ankle is painful. I didn't really injure it on Monday but I did land a bit rough a couple of times into full dorsiflexion. It's pretty obvious it never really healed from last year's injury.

That's awesome miaou!

Is it not harder to work a backflip off a soft surface like that?

I badly sprained my right ankle doing judo in 2010 - full on zombie foot. It is still a different shape to the other, and I don't think I rehabbed it properly/at all. I think a lot of my imbalances may have stemmed from that - training through it and doing MMA fights etc.

Basically fuck ankles.

That's awesome miaou!
Thanks, V.
Is it not harder to work a backflip off a soft surface like that?

I badly sprained my right ankle doing judo in 2010 - full on zombie foot. It is still a different shape to the other, and I don't think I rehabbed it properly/at all. I think a lot of my imbalances may have stemmed from that - training through it and doing MMA fights etc.

Basically fuck ankles.
Yep, it's harder because you can't jump as high as good a jump heigh as you would jumping off of the ground (but then again you get a softer landing if things don't go well :p). It is also a bit harder to jump back rather than aiming to jump up and land on the same spot.

And yeah, fuck ankles.

Friday, September 2nd

Power Skips

4+4 x3

Sprints
10m x6

Double-leg Hops
x10 x3

Hang Power Cleans
80x5 x3

Push Press
60x5 x3

Squat
100x5 x3

Bench Press
60x8 x4

A. TRX Rows
x10 x3

B. Good Mornings
60x10 x3

Chin-ups
x6 x3

Visited the gymnastics hall in the morning, after a long warm-up tried doing a backflip. Abs were incredibly sore to the point where I had to pull the plug off on those.

Monday, September 5th
Push Press
Hang Power Cleans
Squats
Bench Press
Chin-ups

Wednesday, September 7th

Plyo Jumps
Hang Power Cleans
Squats
Bench Press
Glute-Ham Raises
Pull-aparts

Thursday, September 8th

Preacher Curls
Incline DB Flies
Face Pulls
Lateral DB Raises
Sit-ups

Friday, September 9th

Plyo Jumps
Power Cleans
Clean Pulls
Muscle-ups
Bench Press
Ring Chin-ups
Dips

Monday, September 12th

Power Cleans

110x2 x7

Squats
150x3 x3
140x3 x3

Bench Press
90x5 x3
70x10 x3

Good Mornings
60x10 x3

Ring Rows
x12 x5

Left shoulder impingement flared up a good deal, to the point where most movements are painful. I can still bench with no pain, but anything overhead, front/lateral/rear raises, pull-aparts... they are all very painful right now.

Bodyweight this morning = 86.7 kg.

Wednesday, September 14th

Drop Jumps

40cm x6 x4

Cleans
110x2 x6

Clean Pulls
130x3 x3

Clean Deadlifts
150x2 x3

Paused Bench Press
80x6 x8

Inverted BB Rows
x12 x6

GHD Sit-ups
x10 x3

Ankle is better. I still have ROM limitation and pain at the bottom of the squat, but cleaning this weight without having to hit rock bottom it was alright.

Friday, September 17th

Plyo Jumps

x10 x3

Hang Power Cleans
110x2 x3
100x3 x3

Squats
150x5 x3

Bench Press
100x3 x5
70x8 x4

A. Ring Rows